Author Topic: US has No Reliable Partner In Afghanistan  (Read 2381 times)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
US has No Reliable Partner In Afghanistan
« on: December 02, 2009, 04:01:19 PM »
C

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
Re: US has No Reliable Partner In Afghanistan
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 04:02:55 PM »
Michael Moore on Obama extra troop deployment

C

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 04:10:12 PM »
C

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 04:57:14 PM »
many repubs (certainly not you, samson) shat all over michael moore and ron paul in the last year.

today, they can't stop posting "look what mike moore wrote!!!"

Moore was a far windbag when he tried to ban guns in 'columbine' or exposed dubya in 'far 911'.  however, suddenly, he's a reliable and competent pundit on this one, eh?

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 05:59:41 PM »
Well Obama did set a deadline for being out of Iraq.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 06:16:01 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 06:19:26 PM »
Ron Paul was right about just about anything in 2007/08.

And Oreilly and hannity just mocked, scoffed and sighed every time the guy spoke.

if only the repubs had given him a fair shake, RP could have won the 2008 election.  Thanks for giftwrapping shit for Obama, FOXnews :(

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 06:27:46 PM »
Ron Paul was right about just about anything in 2007/08.

And Oreilly and hannity just mocked, scoffed and sighed every time the guy spoke.

if only the repubs had given him a fair shake, RP could have won the 2008 election.  Thanks for giftwrapping shit for Obama, FOXnews :(

I don't know how Ron stays sane dealing with the folks you mentioned and the people that share their attitude.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 06:40:42 PM »
many repubs (certainly not you, samson) shat all over michael moore and ron paul in the last year.

today, they can't stop posting "look what mike moore wrote!!!"

Moore was a far windbag when he tried to ban guns in 'columbine' or exposed dubya in 'far 911'.  however, suddenly, he's a reliable and competent pundit on this one, eh?

Michael Moore is still full of shit and an asshole, but hey even a broken watch is right twice a day
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 07:22:57 PM »
I have a lot of friend who are sending me emails bitching about this.
I'm not a fan of this decision but Obama is doing exactly what he said he was going to do when he was running for office so all the people who voted for him should keep that in mind.

We all know what's going to to happen.

The 30k of troop might make some small temporary difference but it won't amount to much.

I heard on the radio today that 80% of the population in that country is illiterate.

There is no "win" in Afghanistan and it sucks that we're going to keep pouring money and American blood in that country but I understand why he has to do something....at least at this point

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 06:09:34 AM »
you're right, Obama didn't promise to pull out of Afganistan.  He sounded exactly the opposite.

He promised a lot of other things too Hugo. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2009, 10:45:58 PM »
He promised a limited surge and a 2011 pull-out...Afghan Security forces will not be ready..this is pure politics.
L

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2009, 07:40:50 AM »
He promised a limited surge and a 2011 pull-out...Afghan Security forces will not be ready..this is pure politics.

Well atleast to me that is obvious, the POTUS has setup the Military and McCrystal to fail plain and simple. It stinks of political manuvering, he can say hey I authorized the surge and the military didn't get it done. This is what Obama is best at, the appearance of action and making sure there is a fall guy to take the blame when things go to hell. In the mean time my countrymen get to pay the check for this bullshit, un-fucking-acceptable.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2009, 10:13:46 AM »
I the way this is being set up makes me wonder why Obama would even bother.

30,000 soldiers and then begin to draw down 18 months later. What is the fucking point? First you say you are going to add more soldiers to "win" the war and then tell your enemies that you will be leaving either way in 18 months. 18 months is like 18 seconds in a counter-insurgency battle, especially in a country like Afghanistan with an uneducated, terribly spread out populace. What can you do in 18 months to permanently alter the wars trajectory?

Also, 30,000 soldiers is quite a bit. Will there be further air wings added? armor? And most importantly, helicopters? How long will it take to transport 30k soldiers, build the housing and get the logistics up and running "smoothly"? It took 6-9 months for all the Iraqi Surge brigades to be in country and that place is easier logistically to deal with.

What the fuck is this shell game?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2009, 10:16:40 AM »
I the way this is being set up makes me wonder why Obama would even bother.

30,000 soldiers and then begin to draw down 18 months later. What is the fucking point? First you say you are going to add more soldiers to "win" the war and then tell your enemies that you will be leaving either way in 18 months. 18 months is like 18 seconds in a counter-insurgency battle, especially in a country like Afghanistan with an uneducated, terribly spread out populace. What can you do in 18 months to permanently alter the wars trajectory?

Also, 30,000 soldiers is quite a bit. Will there be further air wings added? armor? And most importantly, helicopters? How long will it take to transport 30k soldiers, build the housing and get the logistics up and running "smoothly"? It took 6-9 months for all the Iraqi Surge brigades to be in country and that place is easier logistically to deal with.

What the fuck is this shell game?

100%.  This is really a disgrace all so that Obama can campaign in 2012 that the troops are being drawn down, regardless of the outcome.  .   

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2009, 10:24:25 AM »
It's hard to see how we can win in Afghanastan.  I agree with Ron Paul.  The people are too backward, too much corrruption in the government, security forces will never be ready in 18 months, many tribal fueds, religious fueds and those people have been fighting for centuries.
Obama did live up to his promise to focus more on the war in Afghanastan...one of the few promises big he has kept so far.  However, this is one of the issues I part with the republicans on.  I don't see how nation building is going to help this situation significantly and it is costing us too much $ and too many lives.  I think there will be muslim extremists whether we are there or not.  Surveilance is the key and multi-national support.  Special ops, etc, not military occupation and nation building.