Author Topic: Divorce: Tiger and Elin Woods  (Read 4363 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Divorce: Tiger and Elin Woods
« on: December 03, 2009, 03:08:05 PM »
Rumor or fact, this is just embarrassing!  Do they even have a relationship anymore or is he just renting her? :'(
Would you stay with Woods under this 'contract' or would you just leave now? 

Clearly, divorce is just around the corner.  :(

Details of Elin Woods' newly-rewritten prenup emerge

Elin and Tiger Woods had a prenuptial agreement, as expected. The couple is undergoing marital counseling, as you'd also expect. And now The Daily Beast is reporting that Elin Woods is renegotiating that prenup to get an immediate $5 million payout from her husband and as much as $55 million more to stay with him for two more years.

The initial prenup was worth $20 million after 10 years of marriage. However, the Chicago Sun-Times' Bill Zwecker has reported that Elin Woods will receive an immediate payment "into an account she alone controls," and that the 10-year timeframe -- which began when they married in 2004 -- has been shortened and the value increased "substantially."

The Daily Beast quotes "a lawyer familiar with the couple's negotiations" in reporting that the term of the prenup has been shortened to seven years, and that a series of staggered payments could increase the total value to $75 million.

But apparently there's also a behavioral component to all this: Elin Woods must "be a dutiful wife in showing up with him at social events and in public as if they were still the perfect couple, and sign a nondisclosure form that will prevent her from ever telling her story."

It's important to note that to date, there's no concrete evidence that Elin Woods has ever been anything but the perfectly dutiful golf wife. I'm sure the Woodses would like nothing more than to portray domestic calm to the world, and Elin Woods now apparently has several million more reasons to do just that.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil_ball_golf/post/Details-of-Elin-Woods-newly-rewritten-prenup-em?urn=golf,206529

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Elin Woods' newly-rewritten prenup emerge
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 10:39:39 AM »
Wouldn't surprise me, she was a model in her country and a nanny here, so there would be something not unlike a contractual job contract signed. Her job was to appear as his wife and have his children. It not necessary that she actually loves him. I mean it hard for a man like Tiger,
millions of dollars at the time of marriage. Now, I have always felt that Tiger gave a "Uhhh" vibe to most women, especially black women, meaning that he lacked sex appeal, I mean he is a golfer. Plus he gave off a very controlled and stilted personality. Probably because he didn't want to seem like a fuckup in a all white sport. This control led to his marriage as well. I don't think you heard anything about them courting or being seen in public before the marriage, only when they got married.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 10:47:17 AM »

Would you stay with Woods under this 'contract' or would you just leave now?

Like I've said, I don't think I could stay w/a serial cheater....like I said if there was some type of spiritual change the chance would be greater but I'd probably still be too grossed out.
R

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: Divorce: Tiger and Elin Woods
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 01:19:51 PM »
Tiger Woods and Wife Are Divorced
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Tiger Woods and his Swedish-born wife officially divorced Monday, nine months after his middle-of-the night car crash outside his home set off shocking revelations that the world's most famous athlete had been cheating on his wife.

''We are sad that our marriage is over and we wish each other the very best for the future,'' Woods and Elin Nordegren said in a joint statement released by their lawyers.

The divorce was granted in Bay County Circuit Court in Panama City, Fla., about 375 miles away from their Isleworth home outside Orlando. The couple had married in October 2004 in Barbados and have a 3-year-old daughter, Sam, and a 19-month-old son, Charlie.

Terms of the divorce were not disclosed, except that they will ''share parenting'' of their two children.

The divorce was finalized by Bay County Circuit Judge Judy Pittman Biebel during a brief hearing in a conference room in her chambers, according to Biebel's judicial assistant Kim Gibson. The hearing was very brief, only about five or 10 minutes. Both Woods and Nordegren were present, along with their lawyers, Gibson said.

''I don't comment on active cases,'' Thomas J. Sasser, Woods' divorce attorney, said. When asked why they chose to file in Panama City, Sasser said only it was a joint decision by the lawyers.

The petition said the marriage was ''irretrievably broken'' and that Woods' wife asked to have her maiden name -- Elin Maria Pernilla Nordegren -- restored.

The couple signed a marital settlement agreement on July 3 and July 4, the weekend of the AT&T National outside Philadelphia, where Woods failed to break par in a PGA Tour event for the first time in 11 years.

The sordid sex scandal cost Woods three major corporate sponsors -- Accenture, AT&T and Gatorade -- worth millions of dollars, and he lost his image as the gold standard in sports endorsements. A month after the scandal became public, Woods spent two months in therapy at a Mississippi Clinic with hopes of saving his marriage.

''While we are no longer married, we are the parents of two wonderful children and their happiness has been, and will always be, of paramount importance to both of us,'' they said in the statement. ... ''The weeks and months ahead will not be easy for them as we adjust to a new family situation, which is why our privacy must be a principal concern.''

Woods is to play this week at The Barclays, where he needs a good performance to extend his PGA Tour season and try to show he is worth picking for the Ryder Cup. It will be his first tournament as a single man since he finished ninth in a World Golf Championship in Ireland in October 2004.

newmom

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 01:44:16 PM »
Like I've said, I don't think I could stay w/a serial cheater....like I said if there was some type of spiritual change the chance would be greater but I'd probably still be too grossed out.

excellent point Stella. Look at Jesse James and Sandra.

On that note, is a woman week or strong if she stays or goes. For me it's up in the air, I mean look at Bill and Hill Clinton. She stayed and her husband almost was impeached.

Thoughts

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 01:50:43 PM »
excellent point Stella. Look at Jesse James and Sandra.

On that note, is a woman week or strong if she stays or goes. For me it's up in the air, I mean look at Bill and Hill Clinton. She stayed and her husband almost was impeached.

Thoughts
man or woman...if you stay with a cheater you are weak with low self esteem....

bench

newmom

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 01:55:17 PM »

bench

good point Bench

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 12:41:18 AM »

bench
I pretty much agree although its different in every situation...if it was one time and they have kids maybe but what tiger did....seriously? how could a broad stay with him and feel like they had any self respect after that?

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 05:18:17 AM »
There's a surprise.....Tiger is getting a divorce  ::)

You think he cares? He'll be one of his many yachts in an hour with 10 other women who "love" him for his cash.  ;)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 01:31:28 PM »

bench

You are assuming that everyone holds monogamy as sacrosanct.  Many people do not.  Some people have open marriages, some couples are swingers, some people have a don’t ask don’t tell arrangement.  The mistake is assuming everyone thinks the same way that you do.  Many long-term couples routinely spend months apart, vacation apart, etc.  And people’s opinions and values can change over time.  I say, whatever works for a given couple… more power to them.

Didn’t the Gores just split up?  The Clintons are still going.  Is one marriage a success and the other a failure?

Most people have trouble adhering to their own values. It is silly to expect someone else to adhere to your values.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 03:48:18 PM »
You are assuming that everyone holds monogamy as sacrosanct.  Many people do not.  Some people have open marriages, some couples are swingers, some people have a don’t ask don’t tell arrangement.  The mistake is assuming everyone thinks the same way that you do.  

bench used the word "cheater."  Seems like the above situations wouldn't be in the "cheating" category.

But also, I think some people that stay may not have low self esteem....they just really want to save their marriage and work it out ...you'd have to be very strong to stick around if that was the case.

She stayed and her husband almost was impeached.

He was.
R

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2010, 07:52:54 PM »
OMG people!  He has an addiction, it wasn't his fault.  He needs our support. 

newmom

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2010, 08:02:40 PM »
OMG people!  He has an addiction, it wasn't his fault.  He needs our support. 

::)

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2010, 08:10:21 PM »
::)

wanna help me play with my putter?

;D

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2010, 02:43:59 PM »
You are assuming that everyone holds monogamy as sacrosanct.  Many people do not.  Some people have open marriages, some couples are swingers, some people have a don’t ask don’t tell arrangement.  The mistake is assuming everyone thinks the same way that you do.  Many long-term couples routinely spend months apart, vacation apart, etc.  And people’s opinions and values can change over time.  I say, whatever works for a given couple… more power to them.

Didn’t the Gores just split up?  The Clintons are still going.  Is one marriage a success and the other a failure?

Most people have trouble adhering to their own values. It is silly to expect someone else to adhere to your values.

Many of these same people are idiots who do this because they are weak minded individuals, who succumb to many other temptations, other than the flesh. Drugs, overeating, drinking, low self esteem, I could go on. Many are not happy peroid and seek either these or others to comfort them.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2011, 04:32:16 PM »
Elin Nordegren one-ups Tiger Woods, buys 17,000 sq. ft. mansion
By Jonathan Wall

If you wanted to know what Tiger Woods' ex-wife Elin Nordgren would buy with her rumored $100 million-plus divorce settlement, here's the answer to your question: Nordegren has decided to buy a $12.2 million mansion.

Nordegren new digs in North Palm Beach, Fla., are just 10 miles away from Woods' new place on Jupiter Island, meaning the two will be seeing a lot of each other in the future. Can you say awkward moments? The best part about Nordegren's mansion is that it reportedly "dwarfs" Woods' home by more than 7,000 square feet. Take that, Tiger!

The new 17,000 square foot home boasts eight bedrooms and, get this, a 4,700-square-foot basement. I actually heard she bought the house because the basement was big enough to house every sports blogger on the planet. So get ready, gentleman, we're going to be moving to a swankier crib in the coming months.

But that's not all ... the house also has something else to match her ex...

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil_ball_golf/post/Elin-guy-Woods-buys-17-000-?urn=golf-335365&print=1

A house on the beach in North Palm Beach?  Now that's what I'm talking about!  Bay likey!  :P