Author Topic: Suicide bomber kills 19 at medical school graduation ceremony.  (Read 1743 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Suicide bomber kills 19 at medical school graduation ceremony.
« on: December 03, 2009, 04:02:28 PM »
(CNN) -- A male suicide bomber dressed in women's clothing attacked a graduation ceremony in the Somali capital of Mogadishu Thursday, the Somali president said, according to a local journalist.

The African Union said 19 people were killed in the attack, which struck a ceremony being held at Hotel Shamo for Banadir University's medical school. It did not provide a breakdown of the death toll.

The government said three government ministers lay among the dead, and journalists reported that two journalists were killed.

Nine students and two doctors also were killed, according to a professor at Banadir University.

The U.N. Security Council condemned the attack, calling it a criminal act. It urged an investigation.

At a news conference, Somali President Sheikh Sharif Sheikh Ahmed displayed what he said was the body of the bomber, according to a Radio Mogadishu journalist who was there. CNN is not naming the journalist for security reasons.

The president blamed the Islamist group Al-Shabaab for the attack.

The body the president displayed had a beard. The president also showed the remains of the suicide belt and shreds of a hijab -- a garment worn by some Muslim women to reflect modesty -- at the news conference, according to the journalist.

The body the president displayed had a beard. The president also showed the remains of the suicide belt and shreds of a hijab -- a garment worn by some Muslim women to reflect modesty -- at the news conference, according to the journalist.

The government named the three slain ministers as Education Minister Abdullahi Wayel, Health Minister Qamar Aden and Higher Education Minister Ibrahim Hassan Adow.

Adow, a Somali-American, served as the foreign secretary of the Islamic Courts Union when it held Mogadishu in 2006.

Video of the graduation ceremony showed Dr. Osman Dufle, the country's former health minister, speaking as the camera begins to shake -- apparently from the explosion.

Afterward, Dufle told journalists that he saw a person dressed in black moving through the audience just before the blast, according to the Radio Mogadishu journalist.

Sports Minister Suleman Olad Roble was hospitalized in critical condition, his relatives told local media. Initial reports after the bombing said Roble was killed in the blast.

The journalists killed were Mohamed Amiin Abdullah of Shabelle Media Network and freelance cameraman Hassan Ahmed Hagi, who worked closely with the network.

CNN regularly works with Shabelle Media.

The African Union condemned the attack, saying it would "spare no efforts to ensure that perpetrators of this act and such heinous crimes against humanity being carried out in Somalia" will be brought to justice.

The National Union of Somali Journalists also condemned the attack and said it brought the number of journalists killed in the country this year to eight.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/africa/12/03/somalia.attacks/index.html

Religion of peace strikes again. Damn those people for trying to make a better life and get an education!

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Re: Suicide bomber kills 19 at women's medical school graduation ceremony.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 04:06:43 PM »
That's freaking insane!!

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 04:08:04 PM »
change you can believe in.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 04:08:37 PM »
change you can believe in.

What the heck is wrong with these people? 

Fury

• Getbig V
Re: Suicide bomber kills 19 at medical school graduation ceremony.
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 04:12:26 PM »
Nothing to see here. It was America's fault.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 04:13:29 PM »
Nothing to see here. It was America's fault.

I cant imagine the deranged mentality of these savages. 

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 04:51:18 PM »
Like Allah would really give 72 virgins to a cross-dresser, LOL!

Sir Humphrey

• Getbig IV
  • It's only gay if you want it to be.
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 04:59:02 PM »
America and Britain are clearly to blame for this. If they wouldn't oppress Muslims in Iraq and Afghanistan and Palestine so much, cross-dressers in Somalia wouldn't feel the urge to blow themselves up at medical school graduation ceremonies!  :P

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 05:00:37 PM »
America and Britain are clearly to blame for this. If they wouldn't oppress Muslims in Iraq and Afghanistan and Palestine so much, cross-dressers in Somalia wouldn't feel the urge to blow themselves up at medical school graduation ceremonies!  :P

He was probably gayer than Easter.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2009, 07:48:11 PM »
thats fuking sad man these ppl in all likelihood were going to go out and help their communities the very same communities these fucktards live in and they kill them?

just plain fuking sad man after all that work they did to get through med school and this is what they get...just fuking sad

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2009, 09:16:10 PM »
The scary thing is that there seems to be no end in sight for these mindless murders.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2009, 09:27:57 PM »
Good job BF for posting this.

Rarely do I see something on the news that makes me honest to god sad-- but this was it.

One of the poorest countries on the planet, kills its best and brightest in the middle of a medical school graduation ceremony.

Jesus Christ.

Is there any doubt that these animals all need to be gutted like a bunch of rotten fish?

A more atrocious, cowardly and disgusting act I cannot recall in recent memory.

If there is any justice in this world the savages who greenlighted this attack will all be tortured to death along with their families.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2009, 09:35:00 PM »
Good job BF for posting this.

Rarely do I see something on the news that makes me honest to god sad-- but this was it.

One of the poorest countries on the planet, kills its best and brightest in the middle of a medical school graduation ceremony.

Jesus Christ.

Is there any doubt that these animals all need to be gutted like a bunch of rotten fish?

A more atrocious, cowardly and disgusting act I cannot recall in recent memory.

If there is any justice in this world the savages who greenlighted this attack will all be tortured to death along with their families.

Yes it's incredibly sad but likely going to get worse. From what I've read the upper echelon Al Qaeda guys have started heading back to Somalia and are looking to make that their next stronghold. Lot of information on Al Shaabad shows how their attacks and philosphy have gotten more and more extreme this year and they are now pretty much a spitting image of AQ's. Beheadings, torture, amputations are all becoming prevalent in Somalia again.

Killing students who had just become doctors and were bound to help that shithole of an area.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2009, 05:15:10 AM »
Yes it's incredibly sad but likely going to get worse. From what I've read the upper echelon Al Qaeda guys have started heading back to Somalia and are looking to make that their next stronghold. Lot of information on Al Shaabad shows how their attacks and philosphy have gotten more and more extreme this year and they are now pretty much a spitting image of AQ's. Beheadings, torture, amputations are all becoming prevalent in Somalia again.

Killing students who had just become doctors and were bound to help that shithole of an area.

It's hard to believe people have made a huge shithole even deeper/bigger.

Other than reducing piracy it's doubtful we'll do anything to help regular Somalis. They are very black and have no oil so the US won't really do too much.

Sir Humphrey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2009, 07:22:36 AM »

Other than reducing piracy it's doubtful we'll do anything to help regular Somalis. They are very black and have no oil so the US won't really do too much.

I believe the US tried to help the Somalis once, and they showed their gratitude by killing the Marines and dragging their corpses through the streets.  :-X

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2009, 07:30:59 AM »

In the 90's the US and UN sent troops to make sure food and aid was delivered to the "regular Somalis". Well this didn't sit will with the war lords who were fighting for control of the country. Well after they decided it was a good idea to kill a bunch of UN personel and then started targeting US personel, Clinton sent in TFR, for reference try reading Blackhawk down A story of Modern war by Mark Bowden.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2009, 07:37:05 AM »
Was he a fan of FOX and Glenn Beck.Thats the cause of most violence in this country according to the left.Perhaps their influence has spread to middle east.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2009, 07:58:06 AM »
They are beyond help.

Sir Humphrey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2009, 08:58:41 AM »
They are beyond help.

Somalis, Afghans, Iraqis... all beyond help. That's why it breaks my heart to see British and American soldiers over there dying or getting badly injured to bring "freedom" and "democracy" to them.  :-\

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2009, 09:28:25 AM »
Somalis, Afghans, Iraqis... all beyond help. That's why it breaks my heart to see British and American soldiers over there dying or getting badly injured to bring "freedom" and "democracy" to them.  :-\

Afghans and Iraqi people have oil. Somalia is just too messed up and progress could never get enough momentum to change their society. They should be contained.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2009, 10:04:11 AM »
Very sad for those medical student...man, go through all that and get blown up but some radical muslim POS.

There can be no tolerance for these radical muslims.  Seems nearly every week the radical factions of this religion strike good people somewhere. 

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2009, 10:06:04 AM »
I'm not saying Africa is anything except dirt poor and disfunctional, but has anyone noticed that the areas controlled/ influenced by muslims are the most savage and inhumane?

Somalia and Darfur are just two of many examples. 

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2009, 10:30:50 AM »
It definitely seems that areas dominated by muslim religions are more backward.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2009, 11:26:41 AM »
It sucks but they're too far gone and have been ignored for so long that no intervention can possibly help.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2009, 12:56:50 PM »
kaje, I would say no immediate interventions (like we are trying in Iraq and Afghanastan) will make a big difference.  Perhaps over time (decades/centuries) the middle east will change...but it's nothing I'd advise spending billions of our tax dollars on now.  Too many muslims are stuck in backward thinking and ideology and too many extremists are produced.