Author Topic: Unexpected drop in jobless rate sparks optimism  (Read 3224 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Unexpected drop in jobless rate sparks optimism
« on: December 04, 2009, 02:27:34 PM »
WASHINGTON (AP) -- A surprising drop in the unemployment rate and far fewer job losses last month raised hopes Friday for a sustained economic recovery.

The rate unexpectedly fell to 10 percent, from 10.2 percent in October, as employers cut the fewest number of jobs since the recession began. The government also said 159,000 fewer jobs were lost in September and October than first reported.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Nov-jobless-rate-falls-to-10-apf-4164274048.html?x=0&.v=10

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Unexpected drop in jobless rate sparks optimism
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 02:45:59 PM »
Hahaha. 10.2 to 10.0...yipee!
All hail the regime!

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 02:51:22 PM »
All hail the regime!

Serious question:  How long until you meltdown and leave again for a while? Also, are you this angry in real life?  Do you through fits while you're training people?

???
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 02:55:16 PM »
reminds me of when we were 'celebrating' gas dropping back to $3.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 02:57:36 PM »
Awesome news, we are on the road to recovery! USA! USA!
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 03:06:22 PM »
Awesome news, we are on the road to recovery! USA! USA!

Oh lord. 

Do you even read? 

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 03:09:15 PM »
Recovery my ass... When the next months numbers show america's UE growing even faster the news reporters will not say...OH MY... the economy of america is in free fall.

They yell improvement and recovery anytime the supposed numbers fall at a slower pace...IT IS STILL FALLING NONETHELESS!!!! Truth is soon america will run out of people to lay off and will be down to BARE BONES. I guess at that point they will say everything is great... no more employment problems (all the while 60 million wander the streets looking for another soup line). What a country america is.
C

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 03:34:49 PM »
Recovery my ass... When the next months numbers show america's UE growing even faster the news reporters will not say...OH MY... the economy of america is in free fall.

They yell improvement and recovery anytime the supposed numbers fall at a slower pace...IT IS STILL FALLING NONETHELESS!!!! Truth is soon america will run out of people to lay off and will be down to BARE BONES. I guess at that point they will say everything is great... no more employment problems (all the while 60 million wander the streets looking for another soup line). What a country america is.

Soon run out of people to layoff? Shut the fuck up already. It's 10% unemployment, not 90.  ::)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 05:28:45 PM »
Serious question:  How long until you meltdown and leave again for a while? Also, are you this angry in real life?  Do you through fits while you're training people?

???

LOL...I'm hardly ever angry and never throw fits.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009, 05:36:08 PM »
now for some reality

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2009, 05:38:01 PM »
guys..its a drop in job loss...

we r still losing jobs
carpe` vaginum!

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2009, 06:26:42 PM »
I love how the unemployment fell from 10.2% to 10% when there was still a 11,000 job loss. You would think it would go up or atleast stay the same. That's government / wallstreet logic for you.

Yeah I know they stop counting people that are not collecting unemployment anymore. How convenient.

And REAL unemployment is around 18% not 10% as they now claim. What a joke.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2009, 06:27:28 PM »
guys..its a drop in job loss...

we r still losing jobs

Exactly, wow only 150,000 people lost their jobs, it was less than we predicted so it's good news. Try telling that to the 150,000 out of work. Some of you really think you can polish a turd don't you.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2009, 07:28:02 PM »
All hail the regime!
Coach I hereby ask you to leave politics alone.
follow the arrows

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2009, 07:48:56 PM »
Well timed. We are still losing jobs and many,many of those jobs are permanently destroyed and never coming back.

This report will be touted as the end of the recession, as I heard on the radio multiple times today, and will help jostle some coinage from consumers pockets.

And so it goes.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2009, 09:09:32 PM »
Coach I hereby ask you to leave politics alone.

Thats what all liberals say when they can't back an argument. Seriously.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2009, 06:15:10 AM »
Yes, that's a better # but it has to do with the calculation.  They stop counting people when they are unemployed for so long and stop actively looking for jobs.  They stop counting folks who run out of unemployment $.  I think that's what happened.  Even though job losses have slowed, if we are still loosing jobs, things are still getting worse (just at a slower rate).

The other thing to consider is this is the holiday season with many temporary jobs created and we still lost jobs in Nov.  These temporary jobs are gone after the new year.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2009, 06:30:16 AM »
now for some reality

LMAO - this guy is what ? 23 years old ? Maybe 25 ?

And he's talking about economic inevitabilities ?

Look guys - economists are like weathermen - you can pick the side you want to pick - the sunny guys or the cloudy guys. It doesn't matter.

Economists are famous for one thing only - their predictions being wrong. Now - with that in mind - you want to listen to this young, fat fuck ?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2009, 08:44:27 AM »
Yes, that's a better # but it has to do with the calculation.  They stop counting people when they are unemployed for so long and stop actively looking for jobs.  They stop counting folks who run out of unemployment $.  I think that's what happened.  Even though job losses have slowed, if we are still loosing jobs, things are still getting worse (just at a slower rate).

The other thing to consider is this is the holiday season with many temporary jobs created and we still lost jobs in Nov.  These temporary jobs are gone after the new year.

I agree.  The bleeding might have slowed a bit, but we are still bleeding bad.  Aside from people losing jobs, there are many who are underemployed or have had their hours cut drastically. 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2009, 09:33:40 AM »
LMAO - this guy is what ? 23 years old ? Maybe 25 ?

And he's talking about economic inevitabilities ?

Look guys - economists are like weathermen - you can pick the side you want to pick - the sunny guys or the cloudy guys. It doesn't matter.

Economists are famous for one thing only - their predictions being wrong. Now - with that in mind - you want to listen to this young, fat fuck ?

What is so funny about using government data and actually doing some research to make a point about unemployment? I agree with you about making predictions and I even made that comment on the youtube site but he is 100% right with the information regarding employment numbers.

You might want to PM him, he almost always responds. I would then be interested in what you think after you've asked him some questions. I don't agree with everything he says but he does do quite a bit of research.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2009, 12:31:22 PM »

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2009, 04:37:29 PM »
What is so funny about using government data and actually doing some research to make a point about unemployment? I agree with you about making predictions and I even made that comment on the youtube site but he is 100% right with the information regarding employment numbers.

You might want to PM him, he almost always responds. I would then be interested in what you think after you've asked him some questions. I don't agree with everything he says but he does do quite a bit of research.

First question you need to ask yourself. When this guy did his research, was he impartial from the start ? If you look at his other videos, you can see that's not the case.

There's a difference between analysing data with a neutral position and analysing data looking to back up your existing opinion. 
In fact, the OP on this thread is out there looking for videos and articles to back up his own position. I think a lot of people are suffering from confirmation bias.