Author Topic: is this okay for pre-workout?  (Read 1686 times)

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
is this okay for pre-workout?
« on: December 06, 2009, 07:15:59 AM »
what's up everyone! before i workout which i do early in the morning anywhere between 7 to 9 in the morning i usually have 2 cups of coffee then one of those muscle milk oatmeal with protein containers, has 30 grams of carbs and 30 grams of whey protein. is this sufficient?

during my actual workout i'm drinking gatorade mixed with any during workout supplement drink i can find with bcaa's glutamine creatine, etc.

but should i be doing more before my workout? should i spend the cash on a 'special" energy giving, pre-workout bcaa/glutamine/creatine/n.o. product? and if so, what?

thanks in advance for the advice and replies!

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
Re: is this okay for pre-workout?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 07:29:39 AM »
IMO - you're way over thinking things. How do you feel doing all of that? If you feel fine then it's probably ok for you & working for you. Does that make sense?

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 07:57:53 AM »
When i had to train early in the morning, i just had a gainer shake about hour before and then had a "lighter" shake post workout and then about an hour later ate a full solid meal.

PS. Rimbaud is right no need to over complicate things...
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 08:24:00 AM »
Remember we're all a little different on what we can tolerate. Some people can eat a huge meal & then run right to the gym. Others need to wait. For example: I just ate whole grain pancakes & yogurt & I'll wait at least two hours before going to the gym (I may even wait three hours depending on how I feel).

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 08:35:56 AM »
Remember we're all a little different on what we can tolerate. Some people can eat a huge meal & then run right to the gym. Others need to weight. For example: I just ate whole grain pancakes & yogurt & I'll wait at least two hours before going to the gym (I may even wait three hours depending on how I feel).

I could easily train after about 45 mins of eating that.
I usually have about 1-1,5 h of a "window" before i hit the gym, depending on the size of the meal, but 45 mins. is no biggie to me...
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 08:48:34 AM »
so then pre-workout stuff is b.s.? as long as you have something in your stomach, preferably protein and slow release carbs, and you take something during your workout and of course take something with protein and carbs immediately after your workout, your good to go and i shouldn't waste the cash on some exotic pre workout drink?

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 08:58:36 AM »
so then pre-workout stuff is b.s.? as long as you have something in your stomach, preferably protein and slow release carbs, and you take something during your workout and of course take something with protein and carbs immediately after your workout, your good to go and i shouldn't waste the cash on some exotic pre workout drink?

Well at least i don't. I just make sure there's plenty of nutrition in me. Sometimes (rarely) i'll have a red bull, but that's it.

BTW: I have used them in the past, got nothing really...
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2009, 09:31:50 AM »
I could easily train after about 45 mins of eating that.
I usually have about 1-1,5 h of a "window" before i hit the gym, depending on the size of the meal, but 45 mins. is no biggie to me...

Lucky you. I ate about 11ish (my time) & probably won't head to the gym until 1:30 (depending on what the boss has lined up for me).

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 12:52:38 PM »
just make sure you get protein and carbs. if your cutting and you could possibly do just protein, or just do a small amount of carbs instead of cutting them out completely.

if you ate some meat right befor egoing to sleep, you still have some protien digesting in your stomach from the night before when youve just woke up. so you dont need to worry about protein digestion rates at all really. but if you didnt eat any kind of slow digesting protien the night before, then you would definitely be better off waiting at leats an horu after eatijng your pre workout meal before working out, that way you can get some amino's into your blood before working out. even the fastest digesting protein, whey isolate, still takes an hour to release any aminos into the body.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009, 03:30:24 PM »
just make sure you get protein and carbs. if your cutting and you could possibly do just protein, or just do a small amount of carbs instead of cutting them out completely.

if you ate some meat right befor egoing to sleep, you still have some protien digesting in your stomach from the night before when youve just woke up. so you dont need to worry about protein digestion rates at all really. but if you didnt eat any kind of slow digesting protien the night before, then you would definitely be better off waiting at leats an horu after eatijng your pre workout meal before working out, that way you can get some amino's into your blood before working out. even the fastest digesting protein, whey isolate, still takes an hour to release any aminos into the body.

This is golden advise, also you could use whole eggs.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 03:15:52 AM »
should not take nutrients during workout as it takes bloodflow away from the muscles.

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2009, 03:17:47 AM »
should not take nutrients during workout as it takes bloodflow away from the muscles.
Take his advices

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2009, 03:40:10 AM »
Take his advices

yes, the good bloodflow is obvious, i have greater vascularity than you in your pictures, not that bad for 17months training i say, never said it was great either.