Author Topic: The end of WWECW?  (Read 1297 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
The end of WWECW?
« on: December 06, 2009, 10:29:39 AM »
credit: lordsofpain.net

According to a reliable source, World Wrestling Entertainment plans to put the ECW brand to rest once and for all in the near future as I noted earlier here on the website. WWE officials have had several meetings with the Syfy network about re-branding WWE’s Tuesday night show.

Both sides are in agreement that WWE’s version of ECW has been a bust and plans are already being made for a new weekly series. While several ideas have been tossed around (including a magazine-style recap show), right now it appears that WWE wants to make the new Tuesday night brand a “WWE minor league” and feature young up-and-coming stars.

WWE relaunched the ECW brand back in 2006 after the undeniable success of the “Rise and Fall of ECW” DVD set and later the ECW One Night Stand Pay-Per-View events. After ECW was relaunched as a brand, it quickly became apparent that WWE had no intention of keeping the elements that made the original ECW special and turned ECW into a watered-down, generic “C” show.

While it may be bittersweet to see the ECW letters go, ECW has been dead for a long time and a brand featuring primarily young stars sounds like it has potential.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: The end of WWECW?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 10:58:49 AM »
IMO, this is a great idea.
At the very least, it's better than the abomination they've been calling ECW.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 11:47:23 AM »
I thought that was what TNA was for ???
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 04:13:14 PM »
I'd much prefer to see a show where younger guys are given a chance to make a name for themselves.  I've never watched ECW as religiously as the other two shows, mainly because it bored me.  The guys on the roster were generally people that Vince didn't trust with the ball, as it were, and as soon as anyone on ECW showed promise, they were drafted onto Raw/Smackdown, i.e Punk, Evan Bourne, Swagger, Sheamus.  There were the odd exceptions, Chavo, Finlay, Kane, Christian, but they were just to try and bring the others on.

A show where a continuous stream of new talent get an opportunity would be much better viewing.

cobra_4

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 06:00:00 PM »
That is a great idea, number one its NOT ECW, number two and show featuring some new tallent would be good. Maybe give the top two indy guys of the area your in a match each week, along with a cast of new up and comers. To me that would make me wanna watch.