Author Topic: Shawn Ray VS. Dexter Jackson  (Read 85431 times)

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
Re: Shawn Ray VS. Dexter Jackson
« Reply #450 on: December 22, 2009, 09:41:44 PM »
This is one of the best BB shots I have seen  :o

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #451 on: December 22, 2009, 09:46:23 PM »
This is one of the best BB shots I have seen  :o
I beg to differ!!! :D
((-::

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #452 on: December 22, 2009, 09:51:12 PM »
I still think Dexter has the size and conditioning to beat Ray.

big14

• Getbig III
  • Big muscles are so cool
« Reply #453 on: December 22, 2009, 10:43:10 PM »
Dexter have that freaky look.
But it is not fair, Dex have access to
much more slin, HG and other gear.
Shawn looked like a zero slin physique.
Dex is more of a freak.

B

Alex Ardenti

• Expert
  • Getbig II
  • www.ardentifilms.com www.bodybuildingFLIX.com
« Reply #454 on: December 22, 2009, 10:48:15 PM »
2009 Olympia prejudging
bodybuildingFLIX.com

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #455 on: December 23, 2009, 12:18:39 AM »
Bob Paris would blow both of them away (no homo) 

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #456 on: December 23, 2009, 01:38:54 AM »
Lee Labrada is the Steve Reeves of his time albeit shorter , Shawn Ray was a mini-mass monster with a very nice physique as far as classic physiques Ray doesn't compare to Labrada not in structure not in balance & proportion or clavicle width

When I think of classical physiques Steve Reeves , Frank Zane , Bob Paris , Lee Labrada , Rory Leidlemeyer etc NOT Shawn Ray he doesn't meet the Greek Ideal of calves , arms and neck all the same size , he doesn't have wide clavicles , he doesn't have a balanced upper & lower body , Shawn has short legs , high calves a longish torso , heavyweights arms , lightweights torso he has way to many structural issues to be compared in a classic sense as the same as the above mentioned , which is why I believe Flex Magazine didn't have him close to many of the above mentioned in their list of the most aesthetic physiques

Labrada left in 1995 , his last contest was the Arnold , Ray really never improved over his career other than just coming in a tad sharper , he won the nationals at 196lbs and his best showings he was around 205 pounds not much of an improvement , he did try to play the size game by competing at 215 pounds and his razor sharp conditioning suffered for it , I recall him bitching that the judges said he needed more size but was punished for it ( because he wasn't as sharp )

Shawn and Dexter are more closely related in physique types and it's pretty clear Dexter would beat him , Dexter carries more mass a lot more , now this alone isn't always a given hence why Shawn beat much heavier men however Dexter has more mass with equal if not better conditioning so that extra mass edges Dexter ahead in muscular bulk over Shawn , balance & proportion ...neither of them are Bob Paris in this department but Dexter has advantages Shawn doesn't especially in width , back width and clavicle width which would edge out Shawn in both standing relaxed poses and Dexter beats him in the 1/4 turns , Dex just accumulates more mandatories and seeing all rounds are physique rounds Dexter's meets the criteria better

Shawn was a excellent bodybuilder but people fluff him up to something much more than he was

Good post. Labrada had a "true" classic physique whereas Shawn only played the classic physique card as he couldn't really compete in the mass department with Yates or Levrone. In many ways, Flex's '93 physique was much more classic than Shawn ever was. Shawn only gave that illusion.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #457 on: December 23, 2009, 03:56:42 AM »
175lbs by 31st July

big14

• Getbig III
« Reply #458 on: December 23, 2009, 04:33:31 AM »
Dexters arms and delts must weigh 15lbs more than Shawns at least.
B

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #459 on: December 23, 2009, 04:42:57 AM »
shawn lost because he was holding a bit of water and his back had not improved to the point that it had by 1994.

Again, too bad for Ray!!! Labrada didn't seem to have that problem holding water.

this isn't difficult people ::).

some of you should go back over the labrada vs shawn thread I posted (where almost everyone said shawn smoked him because of how he looked in 93, 94 etc) and look at some of the comments and pics in that thread.

Indeed, refuting the repeated foolishness you spew isn't difficult at all.

Claiming that a bodybuilder "smoked" another one the LONE time he beat that bodybuilder makes you sound even sillier.

seems you are not smart enough to understand what everyone else knows and can see quite clearly.

seems there is nothing anyone can do to help you..

if you don't understand how to evaluate a physique properly by now, you probably never will.. ::)

oh well. not everyone is smart.

I'm smart enough to know that FIVE (the number of times Labrada beat Ray) is greater than ONE (the number of times Ray beat Labrada).

And your continuing to come up with excuses as to why the great Shawn Ray couldn't fix his water problem, losing to a smaller bodybuilder time and time again, borders on the absurd.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #460 on: December 23, 2009, 04:54:40 AM »
its all irrelevant because shawn lost when he was not at his peak.

No, it's not irrelevant.

I am sure if you look at ronnie's contest record, there are people that beat him in the 90's that he never faced as mr.O..hell, Labrada is one of them. he beat Ronnie in 92, and never faced Ronnie again..

so according to your logic, Labrada owns ronnie. ::)

which makes no sense.

you don't seem to understand that if we are comparing peak to peak physiques, shawn owns labrada.

and dex.

who won what and when has nothing to do with this fact..

do you understand?  ::)

Your mantra is simply masking your warped logic. Ray has NEVER "OWNED" Labrada. They competed head-to-head in near top condition. The man who can dial it in, when it matters most, is the better man. And, we're not talking a one-time meeting; we're talking SIX matchups at the biggest show in the business.

Plus, there are some who can argue that Ray didn't necessarily "peak" in 1993.

As for Dexter Jackson, he is approximately the same height, carries far more mass, yet has similar proportions. Throw in the fact that Jackson has a more impressive resume (including the ONE title Ray could never win).

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #461 on: December 23, 2009, 07:51:46 AM »
dex is def bodyweight wise heavier than ray,ray's muscle though had a fuller look overall and its so close overall,i think rays muscle looked overall better due to his torso structure being better esp ab area.and ray to a fault could be considered bottom heavy due to having better legs than dex.

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #462 on: December 23, 2009, 12:11:54 PM »

fixed.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #463 on: December 23, 2009, 04:26:07 PM »

Yes homo. Bob was flaming and WOULD have blown them both away ;).

marty31672

• Getbig IV
« Reply #464 on: December 23, 2009, 04:27:21 PM »
anyone have that photo of dexter and shawn eating those pulled pork po boi's in the mall ?

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #465 on: December 23, 2009, 07:52:28 PM »
Here are some lats

and here are some lats too :P

your grandpa was the one who took this pic. by the way ;D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #466 on: December 24, 2009, 02:40:50 AM »
and here are some lats too :P

your grandpa was the one who took this pic. by the way ;D
;D Nice shot man,  keep it up whats behind the blue curtain?

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #467 on: December 24, 2009, 03:23:01 AM »
;D Nice shot man,  keep it up whats behind the blue curtain?

hahahaha.. actually my so called "roof gym" is a very old wooden room.. its wood look like shit so instead of painting it i tried to cover the walls with some blue sheets  >:( but it looked even worse with them so i removed them ;D

i really wont try to fix it at the moment because i am thinking to rebuild it again from zero to be bigger and better with more equipments!!.. i am just waiting when i have some money..

your grandpa refuses to pay with me >:(

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #468 on: December 24, 2009, 03:36:14 AM »
hahahaha.. actually my so called "roof gym" is a very old wooden room.. its wood look like shit so instead of painting it i tried to cover the walls with some blue sheets  >:( but it looked even worse with them so i removed them ;D

i really wont try to fix it at the moment because i am thinking to rebuild it again from zero to be bigger and better with more equipments!!.. i am just waiting when i have some money..

your grandpa refuses to pay with me >:(
Looks interesting, those old gyms are the best blood and guts,,,Dorrian worked out in the temple gym looks like shit to me but he got the results..grandpa is out of money...what are you doing for back now? you are making progress

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #469 on: December 24, 2009, 04:03:47 AM »
Looks interesting, those old gyms are the best blood and guts,,,Dorrian worked out in the temple gym looks like shit to me but he got the results..grandpa is out of money...what are you doing for back now? you are making progress

when i train in my roof gym i have to do certain exercises every time because their are no alternatives!!.. although this seems bad but it's really very good, when you train in a place where there are only free weights you HAVE to do all hard exercises you may avoid when you are in a fancy gym!!..

when i train back in my roof gym i do 3 different exercises of chin-ups (without additional weights), i do 2 bar exerciese (reversed grip and normal grip), and i do deadlifts.. so total is 6 exercises, 3 sets each, all 18 sets to failure and i dont warm up except before the first exercise only.. i change the order of these exercises to ovoid being bored so sometimes i start with deadlifts, sometimes i do it the last exercise.. i also dont do all the chin-ups after each other, i normally do one chin-ups followed by a bar exercise, but again i have no rules, i do what i feel i like to do..

when i am in the club gym where there are all back machines i still do free weights exercises but also add certain machines like the rowing or pullover (which i sometimes do it with dumbells).. in the club i usually do 6 back exercises beside the deadlifts, i never decide which exercise i do before i enter the gym and see what i feel i like to do on that certain day, the main thing is to do 3 verticals (ex. rowing) exercises and 3 horizontals (ex. chin-ups)!!.. i never do any one hand exercise, i believe it's better and more symmetrical to work your back as one muscle!!.. even with biceps and triceps i never do any one hand exercise!!..

sorry i know the above shit is not well organized ;D

big14

• Getbig III
« Reply #470 on: December 24, 2009, 04:32:03 AM »
lblablablabla

Seriously why are you trying to wreck a Dexter vs Ray thread
with your boring:I am sholisha shelliaby, look at my back! this is how I train my back!
B

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #471 on: December 24, 2009, 04:52:36 AM »
Seriously why are you trying to wreck a Dexter vs Ray thread
with your boring:I am sholisha shelliaby, look at my back! this is how I train my back!

i agree with you but the "how i train my back" was asked by my friend no-body!..

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #472 on: December 24, 2009, 05:47:06 AM »
when i train in my roof gym i have to do certain exercises every time because their are no alternatives!!.. although this seems bad but it's really very good, when you train in a place where there are only free weights you HAVE to do all hard exercises you may avoid when you are in a fancy gym!!..

when i train back in my roof gym i do 3 different exercises of chin-ups (without additional weights), i do 2 bar exerciese (reversed grip and normal grip), and i do deadlifts.. so total is 6 exercises, 3 sets each, all 18 sets to failure and i dont warm up except before the first exercise only.. i change the order of these exercises to ovoid being bored so sometimes i start with deadlifts, sometimes i do it the last exercise.. i also dont do all the chin-ups after each other, i normally do one chin-ups followed by a bar exercise, but again i have no rules, i do what i feel i like to do..

when i am in the club gym where there are all back machines i still do free weights exercises but also add certain machines like the rowing or pullover (which i sometimes do it with dumbells).. in the club i usually do 6 back exercises beside the deadlifts, i never decide which exercise i do before i enter the gym and see what i feel i like to do on that certain day, the main thing is to do 3 verticals (ex. rowing) exercises and 3 horizontals (ex. chin-ups)!!.. i never do any one hand exercise, i believe it's better and more symmetrical to work your back as one muscle!!.. even with biceps and triceps i never do any one hand exercise!!..

sorry i know the above shit is not well organized ;D
It seems to be working for you, the old barbell and dumbell basic exercises still work to this day.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #473 on: December 24, 2009, 06:39:21 AM »
It seems to be working for you, the old barbell and dumbell basic exercises still work to this day.

they will never die as long as there are ppl who likes to train hard like your grandpa, me, dexester, and shawn ray..

i just added the 2 last names to be within the topic of the thead because an idiot here was so angry when i talked outside the topic :-X

Alex Ardenti

• Expert
  • Getbig II
  • www.ardentifilms.com www.bodybuildingFLIX.com
« Reply #474 on: January 08, 2010, 11:50:26 PM »
2009 Olympia prejudging

www.bodybuildingFLIX.com
bodybuildingFLIX.com