Author Topic: Shawn Ray on Dorian Yates...  (Read 164238 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Shawn Ray on Dorian Yates...
« on: December 12, 2009, 12:11:13 AM »
The man tells it like it is, whether you agree with him or not, he speaks his mind...

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: Shawn Ray on Dorian Yates...
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 12:29:33 AM »
Shawn just wasnt big enough to compete with Dorrian

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 12:33:21 AM »
210 vs 260

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 01:17:36 AM »
Shawn just wasnt big enough to compete with Dorrian
True, but he made some good points.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 01:43:15 AM »
True, but he made some good points.

He says he "wasn't disrespectful", but he did in fact say that, "I think he's finished. Maybe he's got a couple of years left to guest pose", a few months after the 94 Mr Olympia, in regards to Dorian Yates.

The night of the contest, he actually said that he was pleased with the results and accepted the fact that Dorian defeated him fair and square. It was close between Kevin and Shawn in that contest, but not so between Dorian and Shawn. Plus Dorian looked a lot better at the finals than he did during the prejudging, where he had a bloated stomach and his tan started running.

Shawn loved to complain, but if anything, he was lucky the judges placed him so high in spite of his size and everything else. Dorian beat him in just about every pose in 94 (and other years) except for maybe the front double biceps.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 01:51:57 AM »
He says he "wasn't disrespectful", but he did in fact say that, "I think he's finished. Maybe he's got a couple of years left to guest pose", a few months after the 94 Mr Olympia, in regards to Dorian Yates.

The night of the contest, he actually said that he was pleased with the results and accepted the fact that Dorian defeated him fair and square. It was close between Kevin and Shawn in that contest, but not so between Dorian and Shawn. Plus Dorian looked a lot better at the finals than he did during the prejudging, where he had a bloated stomach and his tan started running.

Shawn loved to complain, but if anything, he was lucky the judges placed him so high in spite of his size and everything else. Dorian beat him in just about every pose in 94 (and other years) except for maybe the front double biceps.
Well, it helps being a Weider athlete and being right in what he says. Win lose or draw, he never held the company line. Most other competitors agreed with him, yet grumbled what he said under their breath.

But he did have a  habit of saying stuff right after the Mr. O. Like in 1998, he said that Ronnie was the MOST IMPROVED not the best on stage.

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 05:16:02 AM »
midgets really should just keep their mouths shut

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 05:41:49 AM »

when shawn was under IFBB contract, he never bashed dorian's wins.

when he was not, he spoke how he really felt. that he was screwed.

this was simply being smart about his career.

he has publicly stated that he felt he should have won in 94, even on this board back when he was on it.

but he would never say that while under contract with Uncle Joe.

a smart move. that would have been career suicide.
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2009, 05:52:41 AM »

Great post ! Shawn went to great lengths to bash Dorian and not just his physique either , he's also claimed Dorian was a ' blue collar bodybuilder who's time has just run out '

Shawn was very happy about his placing in 1994 and conceded it the night of the show in fact NO ONE had a problem with the 94 Olympia contest until many years later when bitter guys got frustrated by the fact they simply weren't good enough

quote Shawn Ray Flex Jan 1995 " Tonight I feel I got what I deserved "

Flex magazine January 1995 Shawn Ray

Dorian was a bigger version of what he's been. I'm not a fan in the sense that his physique is something I aspire to attain. Dorian is in his own class and in his own little world. For that reason, there's nobody they can compare like-to-like with Dorian. They can only bring forward a different package.

( 1994 Mr Olympia ) Tonight I feel that I got what I deserved. With a beaming smile , Shawn concluded: " This is the first time in three years I haven't ' retired ' the night of the show and got drunk. "

quote Ironman Jan 1995 " Since he ( Ray ) was trailing Levrone by four points going into round 3 ( posing round ) Shawn was going to have to equal his showing of seven years ago ( Nationals win ) to have a chance of passing Levrone "

quote Ironman Jan 1995 " The battle was between Shawn and Kevin for second "

Kevin has it all but was a little soft in prejudging , which hurt him. He wasn't quite as sharp as Shawn , but it was very close between second and third. It came down to the posedown ( Which Shawn won by a single point ).

1994 was a close contest for second place Dorian owned everyone

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2009, 05:55:28 AM »
Shawn was very happy about his placing in 1994 and conceded it the night of the show in fact NO ONE had a problem with the 94 Olympia contest until many years later when guys were no longer under weider contract and could speak freely without consequences.

fixed to corrrect ND bullshit..

::)

ps many reviewers had big problems with the 94 olympia right after it happened.

but you had to go to NON WEIDER mags to read this.

surprise surprise..

Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2009, 05:57:52 AM »
someone should go and grab musclemag with the 94 mr and ms olympia coverage in it, flip to the muscle go round section near the front and see if no one had problems with the olympias that year LOL

hell, the Ms. olympia that year was even worse than the mens contest..

that was the year an emaciated lenda murray won over a near perfect Laura Crevalle..

but again, you had to go to a NON WEIDER mag to get the truth..
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2009, 05:59:55 AM »

surprise surprise..

hahahahah you fucking idiot did you see Ironman Magazine? is that a Weider magazine dummy?

quote Ironman Jan 1995 " Since he ( Ray ) was trailing Levrone by four points going into round 3 ( posing round ) Shawn was going to have to equal his showing of seven years ago ( Nationals win ) to have a chance of passing Levrone "

quote Ironman Jan 1995 " The battle was between Shawn and Kevin for second "

quote " Shawn Ray in a rout. He was better than ever. Any criticism is a stretch for a reporter to fill space. That such magnificence is litterally crushed by Yates is a sobering thought ."

Musclemag International Feb 1995

On the 1994 Mr Olympia

Was it after all a luckywin? I chose to use the word " lucky " because  without a doubt there was an element of luck involved in Dorian's third consecutive Mr. O title . He was far from his best.

I would NOT not wish the reader to leave these pages thinking that the Sandow had been given a handout. THAT WOULD BE FAR FROM THE TRUTH.

All NON-Weider magazine stupid , I'll continue to crush your stupidity with facts dumbass  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2009, 06:02:44 AM »
someone should go and grab musclemag with the 94 mr and ms olympia coverage in it, flip to the muscle go round section near the front and see if no one had problems with the olympias that year LOL

hell, the Ms. olympia that year was even worse than the mens contest..

that was the year an emaciated lenda murray won over a near perfect Laura Crevalle..

but again, you had to go to a NON WEIDER mag to get the truth..

See above you fucking idiot  ;)

Musclemag International Feb 1995

On the 1994 Mr Olympia

Was it after all a luckywin? I chose to use the word " lucky " because  without a doubt there was an element of luck involved in Dorian's third consecutive Mr. O title . He was far from his best.

I would NOT not wish the reader to leave these pages thinking that the Sandow had been given a handout. THAT WOULD BE FAR FROM THE TRUTH.

owned ...next

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2009, 06:11:32 AM »

this was simply being smart about his career.

he has publicly stated that he felt he should have won in 94, even on this board back when he was on it.

but he would never say that while under contract with Uncle Joe.

a smart move. that would have been career suicide.

yeah because Shawn wasn't know as the most outspoken pro back then  ::) more ignorance by our resident idiot Hulkster , see above quotes

dexterJ

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2009, 06:12:54 AM »
dorian is best.
nice to see small Sarcev on pic

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2009, 06:25:31 AM »

surprise surprise..

quote Flex Jan 1995 " Let it be recorded tthat in the immediate aftermath of the contest , none of his closest rivals even hinted that Yates did not deserve to win .

Oppppssss someone looks really fucking stupid right now  ;)

stop trolling and stop trying to rewrite bodybuilding history there was NO contest in 1994

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2009, 06:46:32 AM »
notice how ND refuses to go and grab the musclemag and look in the musclego round section.

I wish I still had the mag, but I burned it after seeing the 94 Olympia pics LOL:

Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2009, 06:47:53 AM »
ND always runs from the real damaging evidence.

he runs from me too (see truce thread)
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2009, 06:49:45 AM »
notice how ND refuses to go and grab the musclemag and look in the musclego round section.

I wish I still had the mag, but I burned it after seeing the 94 Olympia pics LOL:

You're a troll and nothing more , you know your owned and as usual have nothing to offer. do us all a favor and shut the fuck up troll  ;)

I posted the MuscleMag article you have ZERO

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2009, 06:51:37 AM »
ND always runs from the real damaging evidence.

he runs from me too (see truce thread)

You just got owned own every single shitty point you attempted to make and now are looking for a way out.

I own you kid and always will because you're stupid and biased.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2009, 07:22:31 AM »
 ;)

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2009, 10:20:27 AM »

Shawn's high placings had nothing to do with luck son.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2009, 10:21:55 AM »

Shawn was under contract with Weider for 17yrs, from around the late 80's or early 90's.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson57.htm

I'm pretty sure he was under contract in 94 (pretty downright positive actually) when he was complaining about Dorian in print, in magazines and anywhere else where someone would listen to him.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2009, 10:25:00 AM »

oh brother. A relaxed Dorian shot after he won the show compared to a Shawn shot where he's flexing so hard his balls are about to land on the floor.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2009, 10:27:13 AM »
Shawn was under contract with Weider for 17yrs, from around the late 80's or early 90's.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson57.htm

I'm pretty sure he was under contract in 94 (pretty downright positive actually) when he was complaining about Dorian in print, in magazines and anywhere else where someone would listen to him.

Great post

stupid Hulkster once again showing how little he knows.