Author Topic: Sheamus vs Drew McIntyre  (Read 4511 times)

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Sheamus vs Drew McIntyre
« on: December 13, 2009, 06:34:10 PM »

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: Sheamus vs Drew McIntyre
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 09:14:48 AM »
Good match. Drew just doesn't interest me, he's bland although he saved that awful Morrison promo on Smackdown and he gets to bang Tiffany so i guess he's ok. ;D Supposedly HHH really likes him.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 09:34:45 AM »
Good match. Drew just doesn't interest me, he's bland although he saved that awful Morrison promo on Smackdown and he gets to bang Tiffany so i guess he's ok. ;D Supposedly HHH really likes him.
HHH likes him because he reminds him of himself when he first started as Hunter Hurst Helmely as the American Blue Blood and Sheamus is HHH's training partner when they are on the road so you can see why they are both getting a push. I like both Drew & Sheamus but they haven't been around long enough to merit a cup of coffee let alone get major pushes.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 10:08:35 AM »
I still cant get over how relatively small he was

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 11:33:50 AM »
I still cant get over how relatively small he was

Sauce and hard training go a long way, Mass. Look at the way he looked when he came back from his first quad tear when he wrestled Hogan at a PPV and lost the title. They guy was HUGE. He's still big but not as cut.

I like Sheamus. His moves are awesome and he has good size and shape. He's just hard to look at because of his whitness.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 06:25:41 PM »
Is it just me, or do they seem to be hiring/pushing bigger guys again? After the Benoit thing, they got rid of a couple of the freakier ones, and downsized people like Batista, HHH and Orton.  In the past year, they've hired big guys like Sheamus and Ezekiel, and pushed the better physiques like Ziggler, Morrison and McIntyre.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 06:00:45 AM »
Is it just me, or do they seem to be hiring/pushing bigger guys again? After the Benoit thing, they got rid of a couple of the freakier ones, and downsized people like Batista, HHH and Orton.  In the past year, they've hired big guys like Sheamus and Ezekiel, and pushed the better physiques like Ziggler, Morrison and McIntyre.
Not necessarily. You will always get big and or muscular guys in pro wrestling.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 06:56:36 AM »
Not necessarily. You will always get big and or muscular guys in pro wrestling.

Yeah, of course, but physique-wise there was a distinct change after Benoit.  It seems like they're slowly going back to how it used to be, we all know Vince loves the freaky look.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 08:01:01 AM »
Yeah, of course, but physique-wise there was a distinct change after Benoit.  It seems like they're slowly going back to how it used to be, we all know Vince loves the freaky look.
The general public is extremely ignorant and very under educated when it comes to performance enhancing drugs / AAS. Vince took a layoff after the Benoit incident just to protect his ass from another scandal. He had no choice. The FDA is looking to bust him still to this day like they tried to in 1992. Problem is, Vince doesn't force people to take drugs. They take drugs (including recs & booze) on their own reconisence. This "they either take drugs or don't participate" bullshit needs to end and they need to stop blaming steroids as the culprit for the deaths of wrestlers. The eighties had way, way, way more built / muscular wrestlers then now and no one was "dying" like they are or have in the last recent years. Umaga was hooked on Soma & pain killers and he refused to go to rehab which the WWE even opted to pay for. Eddie Guerrero was hooked on pain killers. Benoit killed himself (nothing to even do with drugs). Curt Henning over dosed on cocaine. Rick Rude had brain cancer. Lots of people in their 20's & 30's & 40's die of cancer yearly. I love how the media blames steroids, but they refuse to look at the otopsy when it comes out to reveal the REAL cause of death.   

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 01:31:55 PM »
vince got rid of tna's rob terry when he had him in developemental. and he was a bigger guy.
F

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 05:25:20 PM »
The general public is extremely ignorant and very under educated when it comes to performance enhancing drugs / AAS. Vince took a layoff after the Benoit incident just to protect his ass from another scandal. He had no choice. The FDA is looking to bust him still to this day like they tried to in 1992. Problem is, Vince doesn't force people to take drugs. They take drugs (including recs & booze) on their own reconisence. This "they either take drugs or don't participate" bullshit needs to end and they need to stop blaming steroids as the culprit for the deaths of wrestlers. The eighties had way, way, way more built / muscular wrestlers then now and no one was "dying" like they are or have in the last recent years. Umaga was hooked on Soma & pain killers and he refused to go to rehab which the WWE even opted to pay for. Eddie Guerrero was hooked on pain killers. Benoit killed himself (nothing to even do with drugs). Curt Henning over dosed on cocaine. Rick Rude had brain cancer. Lots of people in their 20's & 30's & 40's die of cancer yearly. I love how the media blames steroids, but they refuse to look at the otopsy when it comes out to reveal the REAL cause of death.   

Vince might not 'force' the wrestlers to take drugs, but he is responsible for the indirect reasons why they do.  They pain-killers are a result of the schedule they have, if they wanna be the top guy, then they have to put in the hours.  They don't have to take gear, but they all know that if they have a certain look, then they are more likely to get pushed.

My point is that after Benoit, they needed to be careful and avoid any issues that could arise from it.  Currently, Linda is heading into politics, which would again require them to be careful, yet they are hiring/pushing bigger physiques again.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2009, 04:39:32 AM »
Vince might not 'force' the wrestlers to take drugs, but he is responsible for the indirect reasons why they do.  They pain-killers are a result of the schedule they have, if they wanna be the top guy, then they have to put in the hours.  They don't have to take gear, but they all know that if they have a certain look, then they are more likely to get pushed.

My point is that after Benoit, they needed to be careful and avoid any issues that could arise from it.  Currently, Linda is heading into politics, which would again require them to be careful, yet they are hiring/pushing bigger physiques again.
Not really. Bret Hart & Shawn Michaels were not mass monsters by any means and they had good runs as World Champions.

Well on a lighter note, they only wrestle 4 days a week now. They do the Raw and Smackdown tv tapings monday & tuesday and house shows wed & thursday before heading home. Very rarely do they tour for 1-2 months straight unless they are going over sea's. If the wrestlers choose to pill themselves up, Vince has NO control over that. He can't babysit everyone in in the WWE. He can only offer help like WWE paid rehab. They offered to do this to Umaga and he flat out refused. So how is his death Vince's fault?

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2009, 07:30:37 AM »
Not really. Bret Hart & Shawn Michaels were not mass monsters by any means and they had good runs as World Champions.

Well on a lighter note, they only wrestle 4 days a week now. They do the Raw and Smackdown tv tapings monday & tuesday and house shows wed & thursday before heading home. Very rarely do they tour for 1-2 months straight unless they are going over sea's. If the wrestlers choose to pill themselves up, Vince has NO control over that. He can't babysit everyone in in the WWE. He can only offer help like WWE paid rehab. They offered to do this to Umaga and he flat out refused. So how is his death Vince's fault?

The schedule is definitely lighter than it used to be.  The problem is the industry, and as the main man, Vince has to take some of the blame on that.  The Wellness Policy would appear to have helped make it a slightly safer profession, and a number of ex WWE guys have said that.  But if HHH/Batista/HBK/Taker/Cena failed a drug test, no would ever know about it, it would be swept under the carpet.  Because Vince needs these guys, and is willing to overlook their drug use as long as they are bringing the fans/money in.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2009, 12:13:16 PM »
The schedule is definitely lighter than it used to be.  The problem is the industry, and as the main man, Vince has to take some of the blame on that.  The Wellness Policy would appear to have helped make it a slightly safer profession, and a number of ex WWE guys have said that.  But if HHH/Batista/HBK/Taker/Cena failed a drug test, no would ever know about it, it would be swept under the carpet.  Because Vince needs these guys, and is willing to overlook their drug use as long as they are bringing the fans/money in.
Very good points here. There is definately a huge double standard. Batista is a perfect example of this. He came back from a torn triceps HUGE and at least 10lbs heavier then he previously was, wrestled for 3 weeks, then there was a surprise drug testing at Raw, next thing you know Batista mysteriously tears his biceps. Two months later pics leaked out on the net of him on a beach in Florida with no cast or scars.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2009, 02:21:28 PM »
The only guys that look impressive at the moment are Cena, Batista, Hunter. The usual list.. Morrrison is ripped but really small. I saw a picture of him in street clothes, he looks like an average guy.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2009, 02:21:33 PM »
The only guys that look impressive at the moment are Cena, Batista, Hunter. The usual list.. Morrrison is ripped but really small. I saw a picture of him in street clothes, he looks like an average guy.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2009, 03:25:57 PM »

I know what you mean, there are a few like that.  The condition of a few guys is awesome, but cover them up and they don't look like much.  Add Ziggler, Rhodes and McIntyre to that list.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2009, 05:13:17 AM »
Morrison reminds me of a Rick Rude. He is very ripped but on a smaller scale. Difference is Rude had "it". Not sure if I mentioned this before but I know Santino Marella very well as we went to the same highschool, same grade and we trained and drank many a beer together over the years. Thats where I get a lot of my backstage scoops & info. He tells me when I see him if he is in town visiting his parents. He basically told me that most of the guys use HGH as you cannot test for that and winstrol as it is in and out of your system within a day or two. Exceptions to the rule are of course for the major stars.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2009, 12:24:49 PM »
sheamus looks pretty good albeit white as a ghost and dj gabriel but they got rid of him quick.
F