Author Topic: Coral Gables Golds Gym  (Read 808 times)

mcluvin

• Getbig II
Coral Gables Golds Gym
« on: December 14, 2009, 06:50:29 AM »
Anybody here have any experience with the Coral Gables Golds Gym on Galiano St? I've been in bodybuilding/powerlifting for 30 years and owned a gym in the midwest for awhile. Getting ready to retire from my normal job and was looking for gyms for sale. I noticed this one s on the market and in a warm climate. ;D Any reviews or insight would be appreciated.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: Coral Gables Golds Gym
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 07:05:48 AM »
Anybody here have any experience with the Coral Gables Golds Gym on Galiano St? I've been in bodybuilding/powerlifting for 30 years and owned a gym in the midwest for awhile. Getting ready to retire from my normal job and was looking for gyms for sale. I noticed this one s on the market and in a warm climate. ;D Any reviews or insight would be appreciated.

It's been several years since I've been there, but at the time, it was a nice facility with good equipment in a good location...the kind of gym that catered to the everyday fitness fanatic, but which was also home to some regular Joes/schmoes, and was also bodybuilder-friendly.  It was mostly a younger crowd, not many seniors at all, which I thought was a little surprising, but no big deal. 

The only downside, I suspect, would be having to pay an annual fee to Gold's for use of the name.  If you get down there and build it up, drop the Gold's name and pocket an extra $50,000/year for yourself.   :D