Author Topic: HBK @ WM26  (Read 6698 times)

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
HBK @ WM26
« on: December 14, 2009, 07:55:34 PM »
I'm gonna stick my neck out and say that if HBK faces Taker at WM26, win or lose, he's gonna retire after the match.  If they go ahead with it, it has to be because they don't think that he can last until WM27, and he deserves a sendoff on the 'grandest stage of them all'.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: HBK @ WM26
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 05:58:25 AM »
Two Manias in a row?
It just might happen. Last night on Raw Shawn Michaels accepted the slammy award for the best match of the year which he and Undertaker won. He then stated that he can beat the Undertaker and issued a challenge at WM26. I also heard through a very close WWE contact that Cena will face Undertaker at WM26. So will see what happens.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 06:58:42 AM »
It just might happen. Last night on Raw Shawn Michaels accepted the slammy award for the best match of the year which he and Undertaker won. He then stated that he can beat the Undertaker and issued a challenge at WM26. I also heard through a very close WWE contact that Cena will face Undertaker at WM26. So will see what happens.

There's been a few online rumours about Cena vs Taker, but after last nights challenge, who knows?  HBK is fading fast, he looks more and more beat up each week.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 07:52:07 AM »
There's been a few online rumours about Cena vs Taker, but after last nights challenge, who knows?  HBK is fading fast, he looks more and more beat up each week.
He looks horrible. His physique seems to have withered away if you look at pics of him from back in 97-98. He lost quite a bit of hair. He doesn't move nearly as good as he used to. He already stated online that he plans to take 4 months off again after WM26. I just hope his performance level is up to par at WM26.

They teased the Michaels vs Undertaker rematch for WM26 but anything is subject to change. Just like WM8 when they teased a Hogan vs Flair match but then through a knuckle ball and made Hogan fight Sid. As of right now, they have a Cena vs Undertaker match in the works too.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 08:47:03 AM »
Maybe a lameass 3 way w/ Taker, HBK and Cena?  That way Taker can keep is record intact and HBK can go out on top.....Cena could take the loss and then beat Taker later...

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 09:49:11 AM »
Maybe a lameass 3 way w/ Taker, HBK and Cena?  That way Taker can keep is record intact and HBK can go out on top.....Cena could take the loss and then beat Taker later...
They won't do that. They would be sacraficing 3 major stars in a 3-way match on an already talentless roster.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 06:04:16 PM »
They won't do that. They would be sacraficing 3 major stars in a 3-way match on an already talentless roster.

And that would be a surprise in what way?  hahaha

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 04:27:38 AM »
And that would be a surprise in what way?  hahaha
Very true.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 07:37:25 AM »
We had Cena/Edge/Show at WM25 so that wouldn't be out of the question.  I'd be very surprised if HBK allowed himself to lose for his last match, but I'd also be surprised to see him end Taker's streak.  So I don't know what's gonna happen if this goes ahead.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 12:09:45 PM »
We had Cena/Edge/Show at WM25 so that wouldn't be out of the question.  I'd be very surprised if HBK allowed himself to lose for his last match, but I'd also be surprised to see him end Taker's streak.  So I don't know what's gonna happen if this goes ahead.
I can't see anyone ending the Undertaker's streak unless he allows it to happen. His backstage pull from being with the company for years on end as well as him being Vince's enforcer backstage as well as him not liking Michaels is a huge factor.

To Chef, ther is no such thing as "selling out". If your making 200,000 per year and someone comes along and offers you 1,000,000,000 per year to do the same job and to top it off at a less work rate you would JUMP at it. Common sense. Michaels was offered a job by WCW back in 1995 but he declined on a count that he would be granted top spot by McMahon in the WWE, losing his heartbreak kid gimmick including everything that went along with it as as well as a title run(s). Those are the only reasons why he didn't leave.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 02:17:16 PM »
Honestly, IMO Shawn has been mailing it in since coming back. I don't know if he's sick of DX, bored whatever... he seems uninterested
Chef here is the segment...

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2009, 03:30:05 PM »
I can't see anyone ending the Undertaker's streak unless he allows it to happen. His backstage pull from being with the company for years on end as well as him being Vince's enforcer backstage as well as him not liking Michaels is a huge factor.

Definitely.  Would Undertaker want to lose his streak to someone he can't stand.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2009, 05:10:17 AM »
Honestly, IMO Shawn has been mailing it in since coming back. I don't know if he's sick of DX, bored whatever... he seems uninterested
Chef here is the segment...

Sure he has. You can tell he is not the same person. He really doesn't seem to be putting an effort into anything he does anymore. Even on his DVD, other wrestlers state how he is difficult and when he is not in the spotlight, its a bitter pill for him to swollow. When he faced Stone Cold Steve Austin at WM13 (I think, not sure which WM#) Vince told the Undertaker to watch the match through the curtain backstage and to make sure Michaels lost the title as he was supposed to do to Austin. There was worry that Michaels didn't want to lose to Austin. The guy is a big suck.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2009, 08:52:58 AM »
Wouldn't it be funny if they put HBK into a match at WM against Bret, and screwed Michaels this time?!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2009, 09:37:01 AM »
Wouldn't it be funny if they put HBK into a match at WM against Bret, and screwed Michaels this time?!
Read my last post in the Brett Hart signs with WWE thread...