Author Topic: Obama threatens to kill 10,000 jobs unless Nelson gets on board for ObamaCare.  (Read 531 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Source: Dems Threaten Nelson In Pursuit of 60 (Offutt Air Force Base )
weeklystandard.com/weblogs ^ | Dec 15 2009 | Michael Goldfarb

Posted on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 4:26:11 PM by GonzoII

________________________ ________________________ ______________________

While the Democrats appease Senator Lieberman, they still have to worry about other recalcitrant Democrats including Nebraska Senator Ben Nelson. Though Lieberman has been out front in the fight against the public option and the Medicare buy-in, Nelson was critical of both. Now that those provisions appear to have been stripped from the bill, Lieberman may get on board, but Nelson's demand that taxpayer money not be used to fund abortion has still not been met. According to a Senate aide, the White House is now threatening to put Nebraska's Offutt Air Force Base on the BRAC list if Nelson doesn't fall into line.

Offutt Air Force Base employs some 10,000 military and federal employees in Southeastern Nebraska. As our source put it, this is a "naked effort by Rahm Emanuel and the White House to extort Nelson's vote." They are "threatening to close a base vital to national security for what?" asked the Senate staffer.

(Excerpt) Read more at weeklystandard.com ...

________________________ ________________________ __________________

Playing politics with our soldiers and their families?  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
I'll bet Joe was threatened with them closing the Sub-Bases in Groton, the Coast Guard Academy in New London,  and other shit like that. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
This article doesn't pass the sniff test.  BRAC '05 already been submitted, approved, and in the process of being implemented.  You can't just throw a base on the list.  Nobody even knows if/when they'll have another BRAC and just because it's name is on the list doesn't mean it's closing.

In fact, it means nothing other than it's under review which pretty much puts it with every other base out there.  It could be re-aligned, it could gain or lose certain functions, it could gain or lose certain commands...and on, and on.

Skip8282

• Getbig V

Please Get Laid

Are you just going to keep repeating this mantra against 33?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
is there a reason you can't link directly to the story?  Also, those neocons are the biggest rat bastards on the planet.  I'm going to need a second source backing this up.  If true, this is disgusting.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino

Are you just going to keep repeating this mantra against 33?

That sums up about 3 guys who post here.  Collectively, they have not defended one thing successfully that the Obama administration has done, but would rather concentrate on isolated examples of extremism on the right, fox news bashing, and, of course, Palin.

The have not one legitimate thought of their own and should be ignored.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
is there a reason you can't link directly to the story?  Also, those neocons are the biggest rat bastards on the planet.  I'm going to need a second source backing this up.  If true, this is disgusting.

I think this is it:   http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2009/12/source_dems_threaten_nelson_in_1.asp

Usually, when I can't find a link, I just google the first few sentences of the story and it's right there.
Y

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
I think this is it:   http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2009/12/source_dems_threaten_nelson_in_1.asp

Usually, when I can't find a link, I just google the first few sentences of the story and it's right there.
I do too, just want people to start linking to the material.  the extra google step added by lazy fuckers is getting annoying.  Just link the source people.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
I do too, just want people to start linking to the material.  the extra google step added by lazy fuckers is getting annoying.  Just link the source people.

I find the use of " " marks instead of the quote feature more annoying.
Y