Author Topic: Shawn Ray... an asshole?  (Read 5462 times)

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
Re: Shawn Ray... an asshole?
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2009, 09:20:13 PM »
Shawn was right at home on getbig.

That should be enough to tell you that he's an asshole :)

There aren't many posting here, that arent, at some level an asshole.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2009, 09:55:26 PM »
I hear he is quite an asshole. I knew this big guy, bruce, who used to work out with him all the time in the early 90s/laet 80s.  He saw him at a show in the 90s, and said "hey shawn, hows it going?"  Shawn gave him a look like "why the fuck are you talking to me?" bruce said" its me, bruce, we used to workout together, remember?" and all shawn could say was "that was a long time ago."

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2009, 09:57:47 PM »
Hata-Blockas...feel the hate in this thread...Hata-Blockas ;D

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2009, 10:03:53 PM »
Hata-Blockas...feel the hate in this thread...Hata-Blockas ;D

I'm not saying he ain't one of the best of all time, but the dude doesn't seem to be universally nice like ronnie or jay.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2009, 10:20:27 PM »
I'm not saying he ain't one of the best of all time, but the dude doesn't seem to be universally nice like ronnie or jay.
We short people are born with a chip on our shoulders. Always having to prove ourselves. Plus, he was one of the lightest of his competitive times, handsome fella (no homo), had lambos, benzos, big house, beautiful women, and famously stengy with his money...Take all of that and wrap it up, what do you get?

But I als think it's how people coime off to pro's, always asking the same questions, or talking about what "they" do for hours. Hey, "I use to train with you!", then talk to him after the contest, you know people have a diff mindset backstage or during the contest.
"Hey, Flex, got a minute...?" Wait till he finishes his workout, then talk to him.

And, they are narcassistic bodybuilders, who said they were going to be the nicest people. Look what happen when Ronnie said that "...white man's opinion", thing...it was blown out of proportion. Now, some like Lax call Ronnie racist for saying it. When, he may have called Jay and apologized for blowing off steam.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2009, 10:39:21 PM »
We short people are born with a chip on our shoulders. Always having to prove ourselves. Plus, he was one of the lightest of his competitive times, handsome fella (no homo), had lambos, benzos, big house, beautiful women, and famously stengy with his money...Take all of that and wrap it up, what do you get?

But I als think it's how people coime off to pro's, always asking the same questions, or talking about what "they" do for hours. Hey, "I use to train with you!", then talk to him after the contest, you know people have a diff mindset backstage or during the contest.
"Hey, Flex, got a minute...?" Wait till he finishes his workout, then talk to him.

And, they are narcassistic bodybuilders, who said they were going to be the nicest people. Look what happen when Ronnie said that "...white man's opinion", thing...it was blown out of proportion. Now, some like Lax call Ronnie racist for saying it. When, he may have called Jay and apologized for blowing off steam.

I understand your point, but this guy and shawn were training partners for years.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2009, 10:45:25 PM »
I understand your point, but this guy and shawn were training partners for years.
Eh :-\. He's a-hole. Here's my thing, how can you train with a a-hole? Unless one is themselves, or they like being around a "pro", if a dude is a a-hole, Im not going be around him, period. People know who to be around and who not to be around.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2009, 10:52:38 PM »
bruce was a powerlifter, and strong enough to train with shawn.  he said that shawn, previously, was only a dick when dieting. 

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2009, 10:57:49 PM »
bruce was a powerlifter, and strong enough to train with shawn.  he said that shawn, previously, was only a dick when dieting. 
Okay. In Shawn's video, The Final Countdown, he seems very regimented. Even the schedule that was posted about him taking care of his father he seems like he is very regimented. And that type of behavior sometimes goes hand in hand with being a a-hole as well. One starts to think that one is better than others because "they" take themselves on a path that others choose not to. I'm only guessing here.

I've never seen a pro or talked to a pro, so what I get his hearsay. I know people who know Levrone personally and say he's a cool cat. Other than that, all  know is from what is posted on the boards.

Mr. Zimbabwe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2009, 10:59:44 PM »
That's his sunglasses and he can wear it anytime/anywhere he want. There isn't any law for wearing sunglasses...

Steve,you are right about this.

BUT.... that being said....It's about "perception"...... and Shawn Ray wearing shades in a dimly light-up Expo.... the Arnold, Colorado Classic..... or Ironman Expo just screams one thing....... severe INSECURITY.

I think it's lame .....and it's pathetic. And i have NO problem telling Shawn this to his face at the next Expo..... in fact.... I am kinda looking forward to it!   :)  

Shawn I know you are reading this.... Hit me up anytime via PM......

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2009, 11:08:43 PM »
Steve,you are right about this.

BUT.... that being said....It's about "perception"...... and Shawn Ray wearing shades in a dimly light-up Expo.... the Arnold, Colorado Classic..... or Ironman Expo just screams one thing....... severe INSECURITY.

I think it's lame .....and it's pathetic. And i have NO problem telling Shawn this to his face at the next Expo..... in fact.... I am kinda looking forward to it!   :)  

Shawn I know you are reading this.... Hit me up anytime via PM......

It's bright, maybe he's got eye problems? A case of the Gloc ;D? Or he had lasix...

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2009, 11:19:31 PM »
Okay. In Shawn's video, The Final Countdown, he seems very regimented. Even the schedule that was posted about him taking care of his father he seems like he is very regimented. And that type of behavior sometimes goes hand in hand with being a a-hole as well. One starts to think that one is better than others because "they" take themselves on a path that others choose not to. I'm only guessing here.

I've never seen a pro or talked to a pro, so what I get his hearsay. I know people who know Levrone personally and say he's a cool cat. Other than that, all  know is from what is posted on the boards.

I met Levrone, he was nice enough, but thought that he was cooler than sinatra.  Of the guys i have met:

Matarazarro: cool as fuck, funny
tom prince: i think he was high on nubain, but was really cool
titus: was bleeding from his nose from posing, but funny, and nice
anthony: very laid back, not into himself, i did NOT get the impression he was gonna murder someone
shawn ray: very nice to me, but saw him be rude to other.
lee priest: aloof, probably because I am over 6' and he is a midget.
Ronnie: Nicest guy I've met of the pros.  very respectful of fans, media, and industry people.
dex: very into talking about himself, but nice
Flex: prick, his stupidity is damn near palpable too
Jay:  pretty cool, but at the time,  he was not as sociable as he is now.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2009, 12:11:36 AM »
Grant ,.............Your right about the insecurity thing, but also people who wear shades in public are usually deceptive or dishonest...They don't want people to be able to look in there eyes.
Lets face Shawn ran Vio-Tech into the ground, now he is going to do a number on Genr8.
I think Flex Wheeler and Shawn Ray, who are both arrogant, and strange individuals.
Yes they were awesome bodybuilders, but that was a decade ago.......
Its now time to come down back to earth now guys, unless you can walk on water, lol/
Which will never happen, lol 8)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2009, 02:25:10 AM »
I think his shades are his only prescripted glasses....which he uses to read things closer.   I could ask him via email   but its late.  TMZ hasn't mentioned anything about it though!
LOL before i got my eyes fixed, i would buy regular glasses and prescription sunglasses too.
it's fuck up when you misplace your regular glasses have to wear sunglasses all the time like a douche.
A

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2009, 03:14:59 AM »
The sunglasses work out great for Shawn at the Expos,  that way when he's in the john he can stare at your cock while you pass water without you knowing. 

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2009, 07:28:14 AM »
It is a known fact that Shawn Ray has always been an egotistical asshole. This is not Breaking News....

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2009, 07:47:18 AM »
Shawn's a legendary asshole.
yes he was as far as i have seen. 1991 mr olympia, shawn was coming out of the "athletes" meeting and a young kid asked for his autograph. shawn waved him off and said "sorry kid, i goota go and eat". i saw this happen. what a dick.