Author Topic: Death Of The Internet: Censorship Bills In UK, Australia, U.S. Aim To Block “Und  (Read 1804 times)

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
Of course - there is always a way to block a specific user or IP. The problem is that the time & effort per site/proxy to do the blocking would give you a huge requirement of SMART manpower to do the blocking.

Now - in my experience, Government never employs the SMART people - so you'll have the people of below average ability attempting to block people who are smarter and more motivated to get around the blocks.

Anyway -regardless of the effort the Govts put in - whilst you are at the point where it takes human discretion to decide what to block, you will face the insurmountable problem of needing thousands of people just to maintain the list of blocked sites/IPs. That alone makes it impossible.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Pedro, I think you're kinda missing the point,

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Now - in my experience, Government never employs the SMART people - so you'll have the people of below average ability attempting to block people who are smarter and more motivated to get around the blocks.

Haha...so tru...........wait, goddammit.  That means I'm one of the dumb ones...

Well Pedro, here's some info for you.  The majority, and I mean the overwhelming vast majority of government IT, is contracted out.  Those of us still involved in it that work for Uncle Sam are a dying breed.  So it's really a smart people vs smart people issue.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Of course - there is always a way to block a specific user or IP. The problem is that the time & effort per site/proxy to do the blocking would give you a huge requirement of SMART manpower to do the blocking.

i've taught the FBI,military..DISA...SAIC....as far as the govt goes boss...they hire pretty damn smart people
besides...the CIA i think holds an event in Vegas every yr called Black Hat or something similar...where for a 20k buyin they govt allowes you to try and hack their system....you hack and you get offered a job on the spot
carpe` vaginum!

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
Pedro, I think you're kinda missing the point,

Not at all.

The govt will try to suppress free speach on teh interweb and people like me will circumvent their efforts.

What did I miss exactly ?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Not at all.

The govt will try to suppress free speach on teh interweb and people like me will circumvent their efforts.

What did I miss exactly ?
yup, right over head, clearly.  That people like you find a way is absolutely not justification or reason to not have issue with the idea.  It would be like not having a problem with a city ordinance banning toilets because hey, I know where a shitter is they didn't take.