Author Topic: Bodybuilding Hall of Shame Vol. 1 "The Supplement Years"  (Read 47556 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Bodybuilding Hall of Shame Vol. 1 "The Supplement Years"
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2009, 08:12:01 AM »
awesome thread!

the original Cell-Tech was a shit tonne of over priced sugar and some creatine monohydrate

how 5 lbs of sugar managed to taste so aweful still confounds me  :(
Back in 1999, I was about to graduate college. I had a jug of pure creatine, I was going to sell it, so to make it seem like it was a full jug, I put sugar in it...afew yrs later Muscletech comes up with Celltech...which was basically sugar (Dextrose) with Creatine. They should pay me for that bright idea! >:(

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2009, 08:15:55 AM »
Back in 1999, I was about to graduate college. I had a jug of pure creatine, I was going to sell it, so to make it seem like it was a full jug, I put sugar in it...afew yrs later Muscletech comes up with Celltech...which was basically sugar (Dextrose) with Creatine. They should pay me for that bright idea! >:(
;D

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2009, 08:16:11 AM »
I am probably in the minority but I feel like I recover faster/better while taking 10+ grams of Glutamine a day. I also like HMB for dieting, but again, not everyone agrees with me.

HMB is like the poster boy for supplement scams. Ironically it has some scientific data showing it does something, unlike the majority of sports supplements. Layne Norton I think has said it can help. It activates mTor if I remember correctly (among other things), just like Leucine. I defy anyone to swear they notice something from Leucine supplementation. Despite not having any effects you can definitely feel it's huge in the supplement world, and has been for years. As well as protein research, where it's shown to drive protein synthesis.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2009, 08:18:20 AM »
Anybody remember that "Sten" or whatever that used Ruhl and that other german bodybuilder for it's ads? They had one running on traintracks...It came in packets...my parents use the box for storage now.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2009, 08:22:44 AM »
tried pyruvate, l-carnitine, alpha lipoic acid  all crap
A

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2009, 08:29:23 AM »
Just put them under your tongue and let them melt - its like your juicing!

GUILTY

hmmm I was under the assumption those actually worked.  I never took them but my friend did and he liked them.  Those are the andro "poppers" right? 

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2009, 08:29:29 AM »
haha you supplement scammer

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2009, 08:31:09 AM »
Creatine gave me pretty good diarhea the first time I used it, so I assume we can say that it works. 

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2009, 08:31:38 AM »
haha you supplement scammer
hell yeah, I needed money...I had to get rid of that stuff fast.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2009, 09:07:20 AM »
I've spent a fortune till about 2 years ago when i was "enlightened"  :-\.

Here's a pic showing (some) of what i had.

good lord that's a ton of stuff.
F

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2009, 10:04:01 AM »
BIOTEST are the biggest liars in the industry.

exhibit A:

Create brand new muscle cells that will develop in hug muscle gains. Biotest Myostat CSP3 increases hypertrophy by 50 percent boosting your potential by leaps and bounds. If you want to completely revolutionize your physique, make no mistake about it, myostat cs
Myostat CSP-3 - Volume Discount Benefits:
The Myostatin Project - Part 1
You're Not Dreaming, It's Real!
by Tim Patterson

Once again, we've caused an industry-wide shake up. And rightfully so. With the recent announcement that we've found a way to neutralize the effects of myostatin, and that we've filed a patent on the active compound, most sports-supplement companies' hearts have sunk to somewhere around their left ankle.

I can definitely feel for them, too. The ability to neutralize myostatin means that you can now take the governor off muscle-mass limitations, and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow!

Obviously, the market for this is H-U-G-E! And to be locked out of the myostatin "category," as a sports-supplement company, would cause major, fire-breathing-dragon-type heartburn. As a result of all this angst, our competitors are responding in one of three ways:

1) They're "ignoring" us, hoping their customers will too.

2) They're attacking us, saying we're full of dooky-doo.

3) They're ripping off our idea and manufacturing bogus myostatin binders, attempting to capture some of the market.

Mostly to avoid fueling the existing market excitement, our competitors are downplaying our discovery. They certainly don't want to see any of their customers making purchases on our side of the ledger. And, so far, we've only had one company that attempted to produce a rip-off product, and I mean literally! Here's what happened:

This supplement company got wind of our myostatin project and contacted the PhD in charge of the research, pretending to be "interested in the name of science." Being science minded and unsuspecting of dirty-trick tactics, the PhD told them about the discovery and sent them, of all things, a small sample of the compound! After which, they developed a product, placed ads in magazines, and began taking pre-orders.

Once we realized what was happening, we immediately contacted the company and asked: "What are you thinking?! Since we're the only ones who have access to the compound, how in the world do you think you're going to get away with this scheme?"

They told us that they'd do anything if we'd just puleeeez sell them the material. We informed them that 1) there's not enough of the compound to spare; 2) we have way too much invested in the project to release it to other companies; and 3) the science behind myostatin regulation is somewhat complex and we don't want to risk other companies disseminating misinformation in the name of marketing. (Number 3 was a polite way of saying, we don't want smarmy ads popping up that mislead the public by making wild claims.)

Anyway, just be aware that other companies are going to attempt to ride on our myostatin coattails by launching completely bogus products.

As far as the science community is concerned, well, they're split right down the middle. One half is spouting off, "This can't be done with a natural product!" And the other half is so excited about the possibilities of super human, permanent, muscle growth that they can barely contain themselves.

Usually, academia as a whole is quite skeptical of innovation. It's as if they're afraid of making a mistake and "losing their reputation" amongst their peers. In other words, no one wants to be the first to embrace something new for fear of being marked a "renegade" or worse, a "sellout." This kind of thinking is so oppressive that a lot of potentially good ideas are squelched long before they're ever fully investigated.

This time, with our myostatin breakthrough, it's a completely different story. All of the scientists who've seen our data have become big believers in the project. They say, even if we're only able to reduce myostatin by 10%, it'll revolutionize one's ability to build muscle. And everyone believes we've done much better than that.

Now what I'm about to do next is very important. I have everyone's best interest in mind, and I want to protect the integrity of our myostatin project. Therefore, I believe we should reveal our invention and enough of the details that it'll put an end to speculation about what we're doing.

It's now time to unveil what we've been trying to keep secret for the better part of a year. I would've preferred waiting another three to six months, when we're further along with our performance trials, but out-of-control excitement and loose lips have forced our hand here. If we don't step in now and begin educating people about what we have, it'll be impossible to prevent vulture companies from entering the market with bogus products, and to correct all the misinformation that's beginning to emerge.

All I can say is, hold on, bubba, it's gonna' be a wild ride. This discovery could cause us to rethink a lot of things we've considered "laws" of exercise science.

New Muscle, More Muscle, Bigger Muscle, or All the Above?

Before I get into the specifics of our discovery, I want you to know that Biotest and Pinnacle have been working together on The Myostatin Project. In case you've been living under a moss-covered rock in a creek bed somewhere in the Ozark Mountains, Pinnacle is the company that invented Androstat Poppers.

I have great respect for the president of Pinnacle. He's truly an honorable hombre, and one smart cookie, to boot. Our research departments work well together, and like Biotest, they're obsessed with innovation and quality.

Between the two of us, we've invested a lot more money in the project than we care to admit and we've assembled a group of researchers and industry experts that includes some of the best thinkers science has to offer. We've engaged the very best in all the necessary fields, including exercise scientists, drug delivery and drug-design experts, physiologists, medical doctors, theoretical and organic chemists, and the list goes on.

We even have our very own medicine-man PhD who roams around the world seeking exotic plants with potent medicinal properties. I'm not kidding. He's the Indiana Jones of the sports-supplement industry. He's been everywhere from China to Madagascar, from the Himalayas to the Amazon. And it's this very man who discovered our myostatin neutralizer… quite by accident.

Throughout history, many scientific discoveries have been made by so-called "accident" — penicillin, X-rays, the smallpox vaccine, insulin, the theoretical basis of allergies, Velcro, Coca Cola, Post-it notes, aspartame, and TC's ökalingus sexual-excitement technique, just to name a few. And it's no different with our myostatin neutralizer — we discovered the active compound while looking in a completely different direction.

As we get into the actual discovery, unless you understand the distinct mechanism in which myostatin inhibits muscle growth, you could misinterpret what we're actually doing. So please read carefully.

First off, there's a myostatin gene, and there's a myostatin protein. In essence, the gene regulates the production of the protein, and it's the protein that's responsible for shutting down the production of new muscle cells.

The operative phrase here is "growth of new muscle cells," because in a mature human, due primarily to the influence of myostatin, it's not possible to produce new muscle cells to any significant degree. And it's the muscle cells that give a mature muscle the capacity to grow through hypertrophy — increasing the actual thickness of existing fibers.

So, the more muscle cells you have present, the greater the potential is for growth.

On the other hand, if you could neutralize myostatin, then the satellite cells would proliferate much longer, substantially increasing the number of myoblasts produced. These myoblasts would mature into myocites, then into myotubes, and ultimately into muscle cells. And like I've already mentioned before, the more muscle cells you have present, the greater the potential is for hypertrophy, or growth.

You could say that myostatin protein acts sort of like a muscle contraceptive. As long as it's active in the body, free to attach itself to satellite cells, there'll be very few new baby muscles born in our bodies.

Got it?

Myostatin present = few new baby muscles born.

Myostatin not present = muscle-population explosion!

But let's not get too carried away with the thought of having massive new muscle development overnight. Yes, by neutralizing myostatin you will experience increased muscle-cell proliferation, but you're not going to go to bed one night looking like Pee Wee Herman and wake up the next morning as Arnold. It's a much slower process, taking a year or more to accomplish.

Even so, this process is so powerful that it can literally transform your physique with an increase in muscle density that otherwise wouldn't be attainable.

There are other factors that go into limiting overall muscle growth, but it seems that myostatin has by far the strongest influence. And as you can imagine, ever since myostatin was first discovered, scientists have been trying to find ways to moderate its effects. Basically, this has divided the scientific community into two camps. One camp is attempting to regulate the myostatin gene through genetic engineering, which is only practical when dealing with farm animals and other non-human species.

The other camp is attempting to negate, or neutralize, the effects of the myostatin protein, which has direct application in medicine and sports. This can potentially be done by either blocking the receptor site, or binding free myostatin prior to reaching its receptor. And between the two, it's the binding approach that shows most promise. Science has already proven that if you successfully bind myostatin protein, you get the same effect as if you completely knocked out the gene.

Next week, in Part 2 of this article, I'm going to be focusing on the only practical way to regulate myostatin in humans, which is binding the protein. And to do that, we're going to enter a world where no other supplement company has ever taken you before. This is an exotic experience that closely resembles a modern James Bond setting, where the science of the future is somehow transmuted into today's reality.

You think I'm kidding, don't you? Just wait... You'll see.

Let me leave you with this:

We truly believe we've found a way to take the governor off genetic limitations to muscle growth, making it possible for the "average human" to become, well, "super-human."

Too strong a statement? Or, not strong enough?

The Myostatin Project - Part 2
The Future Has Arrived
by Tim Patterson

The Medicine Man's Hydroponic Farm

The location: The Canary Islands… more specifically, a high-tech lab, which is nestled among several species of marine algae growing under strict controls in a hydroponic farm. And heading the lab is our very own Medicine Man, who's not just in charge of harvesting wild algae out of the ocean. No, we have him on a mission that's far more complex and advanced than that.

The research started with natural organisms, of course, but that's where nature stopped and science began to change things rather dramatically. For the last two years, at our request, the Medicine Man has been manipulating growing conditions in order to produce super strains of algae, which contain extremely high concentrations of certain compounds that are very potent and highly active in the body.

The primary focus of the lab has been on next-generation antioxidants for potential drug applications, but the Medicine Man always has his mental radar turned on, looking for one of those accidental breakthroughs I mentioned before. As it happened, one of his lab assistants was analyzing a rare form of marine algae, called Cystoseira canariensis, extracting its component parts, and testing the actions of each fraction.

During an experiment, the assistant discovered a phlorochemical compound that presents a structure which is similar to a known myostatin binder. Realizing the incredible potential of this finding, the research team immediately designed a series of tests to evaluate the myostatin-binding affinity of the compound.

If proven, this discovery would body slam sports science into a speechless stupor, and the data would need to be dead-on accurate. So the researchers thoroughly investigated the scientific literature to make sure all of the analytical methodologies were in line with current technology. The lab then procured the appropriate cell cultures and other materials and began the experiment.

The first step was isolating myostatin through an established method. This was accomplished by flowing a crude muscle homogenate (liquefied muscle in a buffering solution) through various chromatography columns, the final of which contained a known myostatin binder, called heparin sepharose.

If successful, the heparin would isolate myostatin by binding to it and allow the rest of the material to pass by unaffected. The last step of the isolation process is a chemical reaction that causes the bound myostatin to be eluted (released) and collected.

(Note: Heparin is a mucopolysaccharide produced by the body that's responsible for keeping your blood from clotting. It's also used as a medicine to thin the blood. Ingesting heparin in the amounts required to effectively bind myostatin as a performance aid would be deadly.)

To establish if myostatin had actually been isolated, the eluate from the first experiment was analyzed, using Western-blot immuno-electrophoresis, which positively identified the compound as myostatin. In other words, the experiment was a success. We did indeed isolate myostatin by using heparin as a binder.

Next, the entire two-phase process was repeated, except this time the heparin-sepharose column was replaced with a column containing a fraction of our newly discovered compound extracted from Cystoseira. If this last step yielded pure myostatin, it would mean that we actually found an effective way to bind myostatin, using a safe "dietary supplement."

Well, what happened amazed everyone. Our extracted compound actually shows a greater affinity than heparin for binding myostatin! That's incredible! It's stronger and works better.

This is just the beginning, though. We're currently moving on to phase two of our research, which includes a series of studies that will culminate with human-performance trials. But at this point in our research, we're extremely excited. We believe we're on the cusp of something much greater than anyone can fathom.

Effectively, we've taken the governor off genetic limitations to muscle growth, making it possible for the "average" human to become, well, "super-human."

I truly believe that this is one of those rare times when everyone from scientists to athletes is going to be blown away — that when all is said and done, bodybuilding and sports in general will be changed in an incredibly positive way, forever.

Regarding the actual active component extracted from cultured Cystoseira, it's a low-molecular weight sulfo-polysaccharide, called CSP-3™. The compound is highly water-soluble with great bioavailability. In other words, we have every belief that CSP-3 will easily get into the body's bloodstream intact and effectively bind (neutralize) significant amounts of myostatin.

CSP-3… Can I Get It?

At this point, I'm sure most of you are about ready to blow a fuse with excitement. You want the stuff, now! You're thinking: "When will this happen? Next month? Next year?" When, if ever, will I be able to get my hands on CSP-3?

Determining when to manufacture CSP-3 has been on my mind for quite some time. I've made a decision, but it wasn't nearly as easy as you might think. Of course, if I would've based my conclusion upon feedback from T-mag readers, well, there'd be no question. For every 100 "go for it" responses I received, there were only three that voted to wait for further research. But like I said, it's a little more complicated than that. Here's how I see it:

1) We have proven that we've isolated a highly potent, yet safe, myostatin binder, called CSP-3.

2) CSP-3 is orally bioavailable and well tolerated by the body.

3) Muscle-mass gains attained by inhibiting myostatin are slower and different than with pro-steroids or steroids, which means it'll take additional time to get through more-extensive research to determine exactly what kind of muscle-building results are possible. We know CSP-3 works, we're just excited to know how big the average user can get, and what the rate of gain is.

4) Inhibiting myostatin won't affect the heart or structures other than skeletal muscle, making it very safe. In fact, it's not only safe, it's healthy. In a study funded by the National Institutes of Health and conducted at Johns Hopkins University, researchers Lee and McPherron found that inhibiting myostatin is potentially an effective way to "prevent or treat obesity and associated conditions, like diabetes."

Just about everyone who has ever heard of myostatin has dreamed of the day when it could be inhibited, so the pressure to release CSP-3 is tremendous.

We know CSP-3 is safe and it works, so why not go ahead and manufacture it?

At this point, I believe delaying public access solely to gain more knowledge just wouldn't be the right thing to do. So, I've decided to release the product now, but we have a pretty big problem to overcome:

CSP-3 is contained in a remarkably rare and temperamental strain of cultured Cystoseira, which makes commercial production impossible without the use of our precisely controlled, hydroponic farm to maintain ideal growing conditions. This means that, until we find a way around the situation, supplies are going to be extremely limited.

This limitation, coupled with the outrageous demand that's already exploding for CSP-3, will result in a shortage of the material. Remember, we can't just use regular Cystoseira. We have to grow, harvest, and extract a special strain that's specifically cultured to yield super-high concentrations of CSP-3.

So once you begin taking CSP-3, you should make sure you have enough to last at least two months before you start. You need to use CSP-3 a minimum of 60 days to begin seeing the effects, and if you don't have enough on hand, you very well could run out and not be able to get additional supplies for several weeks. We'll do the best we can to maintain adequate inventory levels, but I guarantee, we'll run out from time to time. It's inevitable.

I'm not just telling you this so that we can sell more CSP-3, either. It's no different than if you were to completely shut off the myostatin gene; it would take at least a couple of months before you'd begin to notice the effects. So unless you're truly committed to sticking with the program and using CSP-3 for a minimum of two months, don't begin taking it. Don't waste your money or our very limited supply of CSP-3.

But if you want to completely revolutionize your physique, make no mistake about it, binding and thus inhibiting myostatin is very powerful medicine that produces three incredible effects that nothing else can deliver:

Formation of New Muscle. Instead of causing muscles to grow larger through hypertrophy, you're actually forming brand-new muscle cells that will develop and incorporate into existing, mature muscle. And the longer you take CSP-3 (inhibit myostatin), the more new muscle mass you'll accumulate. Imagine that, actually accumulating muscle! Also, by increasing the actual number of muscle cells, the rate at which you actually grow will begin to accelerate over time, resulting in bigger and much faster gains!

Permanent Muscle Gains. Most of the time, gaining muscle is at best, three steps forward and two steps backward. This is because you're increasing muscle mass in a hyper-anabolic environment (in the body), which can't be sustained ad infinitum. Newly formed muscle cells, on the other hand, are permanent. This doesn't mean that the resulting muscle mass can't atrophy, but it does mean it can't disappear. It's for keeps!

Automatic Decrease in Body Fat. All of the animal studies show that decreased myostatin levels result in a lot less body fat. In fact, the study I mentioned earlier shows that animals with lower myostatin levels have anywhere from 33-50% less body fat, regardless of diet! Researchers indicate that this may be due to increased insulin sensitivity in skeletal muscle that's brought about by low levels of myostatin.

Bottom line, if you neutralize the effects of myostatin long enough, you can literally attain a much more-muscular, and leaner, condition that otherwise wouldn't be possible.

Of course, to maximize results, you have to eat optimally for gaining muscle mass and train hard. I can't stress this point enough. You can't just take a pill — any pill or injection, or anything else, for that matter — and get the physique you want. You have to work hard at it, be disciplined, and give it time.

And something else many of you are already thinking that should be mentioned is, if you include powerful anabolic compounds, like MAG-10, the entire building process is substantially accelerated. Binding myostatin in a super-anabolic environment is the way to go if you want maximum gains in the shortest amount of time. So, if you can afford it, I recommend that you go through a two-week MAG-10 cycle at least once every six weeks while using CSP-3.
175lbs by 31st July

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2009, 10:18:42 AM »
BIOTEST are the biggest liars in the industry.

exhibit A:

What a scam!
Isn't that the company behind t-nation?
AFAIK even pharmacy corps like Wyeth haven't found a practical(!) myostatin blocker, even after more than 5 years of research.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2009, 10:30:31 AM »
back in the day i loved the hi-protein peanut butter bar made by bob hoffman personally at the york barbell co. just the right mixture of peanut butter,sweat, sawdust and dirt very delious and nutrious also.
F

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2009, 10:53:44 AM »
just because it tastes "good" doesnt mean it's nutritious or as potent as claimed on the label...chew some buble gum or candies and it's as "potent" as most powders with the same taste.

i bought ON protein powders and creatine for 4 years , every 6 months off bbing.com, until i figured that it didnt do anything for my gains: lifting more often and eating more solid food and especially uping my carb intakes actually did lol.

Creatine though did "work" somehow: it makes you retain water and gives you more energy for your workouts, but once you stop it you piss all the water retention down the toilet over some weeks and it gave me weird urinal troubles after some months of "use".

I dont buy any sup anymore.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2009, 10:54:18 AM »
What a scam!
Isn't that the company behind t-nation?
AFAIK even pharmacy corps like Wyeth haven't found a practical(!) myostatin blocker, even after more than 5 years of research.

yep - cvnts, twinks and liars the lot of them  >:(
175lbs by 31st July

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2009, 11:12:16 AM »
Anybody remember that "Sten" or whatever that used Ruhl and that other german bodybuilder for it's ads? They had one running on traintracks...It came in packets...my parents use the box for storage now.

I think that was Stenandiol or something like that.
I remember the ads, never took the stuff though.
The German BBer you're talking about was/is Armin Scholz:

http://milossarcev.com/board/index.php?board=76.0

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2009, 11:16:03 AM »
HMB is like the poster boy for supplement scams. Ironically it has some scientific data showing it does something, unlike the majority of sports supplements. Layne Norton I think has said it can help. It activates mTor if I remember correctly (among other things), just like Leucine. I defy anyone to swear they notice something from Leucine supplementation. Despite not having any effects you can definitely feel it's huge in the supplement world, and has been for years. As well as protein research, where it's shown to drive protein synthesis.

I realize that my report is anecdotal, but I find that I keep more muscle/density while dieting while taking HMB. It was my understanding that its primary function was as an anti-catabolic, so I think people are disappointed when they don't see huge anabolic-like effects.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2009, 11:39:50 AM »
I think that was Stenandiol or something like that.
I remember the ads, never took the stuff though.
The German BBer you're talking about was/is Armin Scholz:

http://milossarcev.com/board/index.php?board=76.0

That stuff worked but it also gave me BACKNE and four months of Accutane.  >:( It worked
D

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2009, 11:42:45 AM »
hey sorry but a bunch of innocent folks have to get scammed so that Bob Chic can live like a rock star.

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2009, 12:13:55 PM »
I think a certain jug of egg whites with a muscular chicken on the label that goes for around $33 belongs in this category.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2009, 12:35:01 PM »
I realize that my report is anecdotal, but I find that I keep more muscle/density while dieting while taking HMB. It was my understanding that its primary function was as an anti-catabolic, so I think people are disappointed when they don't see huge anabolic-like effects.

HMB increases intra-muscular fat.  its given to cattle to increase the marbling in steaks.  it 'works', but it's not necessarily something that a bodybuilder would want.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2009, 12:43:35 PM »
wonder what supplement started it all?   Hoffman's Energol, which was just an oil high in vitamin E.  and it probably really did make a difference, because most people at the time were not getting enough vitamin E in their diet.

But the biggest scam was probably Boron.   A single scientific study in a peer reviewed journal showed that boron supplementation increased testosterone levels in post-menopausal women who had boron deficiencies, and for the next 20 years, wanna-be bodybuilders were buying it from the back of the magazines.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2009, 12:45:40 PM »
here is one of my favorites, right click for full effect

vitamin J

• Getbig II
« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2009, 01:04:49 PM »

sure i remember sten ... ;D

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching