Author Topic: 6 Promises Obama Broke on "Health Care Reform"  (Read 793 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
6 Promises Obama Broke on "Health Care Reform"
« on: December 21, 2009, 05:21:05 AM »
Obama broke these 6 health care promises.
Dec-20-09 01:04 PM by dixiegrrrrl

________________________ ________________________ _______________

Biggest promise:

Universal Health Care:
[/color]

May 14, 2007

Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama, seeking support from labor union members in New Jersey, vowed Monday to make health insurance available to all Americans by the end of his first term in the White House.

''We can have universal health care by the end of the next president's first term, by the end of my first term,'' Obama said, bringing 600 union workers to their feet during a question-and-answer session with members of AFL-CIO affiliated unions.
http://www.suntimes.com/news/elections/385287,051407oba...

When he was campaigning, he also promised us this:

1. No Individual Mandate.

In this transcript of his Jan 31 2008 debate with Hillary, he was against a mandate, saying she was for it.
"if, in fact, you are going to mandate the purchase of insurance and it's not affordable, then there's going to have to be some enforcement mechanism that the government uses. And they may charge people who already don't have health care fines, or have to take it out of their paychecks. And that, I don't think, is helping those without health insurance. That is a genuine difference."
********* Well, the bills have mandates.

2. Complete Transparency

Candidate Obama promised that health care deliberations with Congress and special interests would be transparent to the extreme.

"That's what I will do in bringing all parties together, not negotiating behind closed doors, but bringing all parties together, and broadcasting those negotiations on C-SPAN so that the American people can see what the choices are," Mr. Obama said during his Jan. 31, 2008 debate with Clinton. "Because part of what we have to do is enlist the American people in this process. And overcoming the special interests and the lobbyists who -- Senator Clinton is right. They will resist anything that we try to do."
********** But deals were cut with Big Pharma in private meetings at the WH.

3. Enable the Government to Directly Negotiate Drug Prices

In the Jan. 31, 2008 debate, Mr. Obama said, "If a drug company -- if the drug companies or a member of Congress who's carrying water for the drug companies wants to argue that we should not negotiate for the cheapest available price on drugs, then I want them to make that argument in front of the American people."

"We'll negotiate with the drug companies for the cheapest available price on drugs," Mr. Obama said again in an Oct. 15, 2008 debate with Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.).
********* Nope....not happening.

4. Allow Drug Importation

During the campaign, Mr. Obama said his plan would "Allow consumers to import safe drugs from other countries" because "some companies are exploiting Americans by dramatically overcharging U.S. consumers."
******* Nope...part of the secret deal with drug companies was no importation.

5. Lower Premiums by $2,500 for a Family of Four

"If you've got health insurance through your employer, you can keep your health insurance, keep your choice of doctor, keep your plan," Mr. Obama said in his Oct. 15, 2008 debate against McCain. "The only thing we're going to try to do is lower costs so that those cost savings are passed onto you. And we estimate we can cut the average family's premium by about $2,500 per year."
******* Both proposed bills will reduce employer coverage, and dramatically RAISE insurance bills, on top of the rapid premium increases we have seen already.

________________________ ________________________ __________________

Change you can vomit for. 

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
Re: 6 Promises Obama Broke on "Health Care Reform"
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 05:43:09 AM »
well we already know that in obama ivy league school they forgot to teach the term transperancy

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 05:48:28 AM »
well we already know that in obama ivy league school they forgot to teach the term transperancy

I see people with Obama stickers on their cars and seriously imagine myself running their priuses off the road

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 05:51:08 AM »
well they shouldnt get upset if you did, you would be helping the carbon emmissions drop because you eliminated their car from the road

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 05:57:51 AM »
well they shouldnt get upset if you did, you would be helping the carbon emmissions drop because you eliminated their car from the road

Check out the article from the WSJ I just posted on this. 

I think we should have "KTFO an Obama Voter" day really soon. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 06:17:23 AM »
I see people with Obama stickers on their cars and seriously imagine myself running their priuses off the road

While I know you meant that in jest, ...I could really see you going postal one day and doing just that.  :-\
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 06:22:23 AM »

While I know you meant that in jest, ...I could really see you going postal one day and doing just that.  :-\

You roll up next to me on the Bronx River Parkway in your "Smart Car" adorned with Obama stickers etc, and anything might happen.   

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 06:45:58 AM »
i would just get out and tip that thing over

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 08:29:44 AM »
This bill is just not very good.  About the only thing it reliably does is increase the # of people covered by health insurance and provides a few protections for people, most noteably preventing discrimination based upon pre-exsisting conditions (which is good).  It doesn't really decrease healthcare costs, doesn't touch malpractice reform, tort reform, the family practice crisis, reimbursement issues, or cost containment issues for insurance companies and there will be more taxes in multiple areas.

The government backed down from the insurance companies and from the trial lawyers, which will hurt the public.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 08:32:07 AM »
I can see why liberals and conservatives both are not in favor of this bill.
Even though I don't want to see universal gov ran health care, the gov gave in to insurance companies.  They are still being given special protections.  Remove all protections and let people purchase insurance across state lines!  Let real competition happen.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 08:35:14 AM »
I can see why liberals and conservatives both are not in favor of this bill.
Even though I don't want to see universal gov ran health care, the gov gave in to insurance companies.  They are still being given special protections.  Remove all protections and let people purchase insurance across state lines!  Let real competition happen.

Wishful thinking.  We are now getting a huge crap sandwich like never seen before.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 08:43:02 AM »
i would just get out and tip that thing over
LOL no joke I think if I got a running start I could knock one of those smart cars over... ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2012, 09:35:40 AM »
bump