Author Topic: Criticize a Dem...He tries to put you in Jail  (Read 1286 times)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Criticize a Dem...He tries to put you in Jail
« on: December 22, 2009, 02:37:12 PM »
Grayson Wants Critic Jailed for Claiming to be His Constituent

Rep. Alan Grayson, D-Fla., is asking U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder to launch an investigation into a Web site launched by a Republican activist that parodies his own re-election site.

My, my, my. Florida Rep. Alan Grayson wants to see one of his critics go directly to jail -- all over her use of the word "my."

In an effort to raise money against the outspoken freshman Democrat, a Republican activist named Angie Langley has launched "mycongressmanisnuts.com" -- a Web site that parodies Grayson's re-election site, "congressmanwithguts.com."

Langley criticizes Grayson on her Web site for his "inappropriate behavior" and "childish approach" toward governing, and claims he "does not represent the values of central Florida."  She said in an interview with Fox News on Tuesday that she launched the site in an effort "to expose him (Grayson) for what he is." 

But Grayson is not amused, and he is asking U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder to conduct an investigation into the Web site and Langley, according to a report in the Orlando Sentinel.

In a four-page letter sent to Holder, Grayson accuses Langley of lying to federal elections and requests that she be fined and imprisoned for five years.

Her lie, according to Grayson, is that she claims to be one of his constituents. Langley, Grayson says, is misrepresenting herself by using the term "my" in the Web site's name.

Langley is a resident of Clermont, Fla., which is outside Grayson's 8th District. Oh, my.

"Ms. Langley has deliberately masqueraded as a constituent of mine, in order to try to create the false appearance that she speaks for constituents who don't support me," Grayson writes in his complaint. "[She] has chosen a name for her committee that is utterly tasteless and juvenile."

Langley defended herself Tuesday, saying that she was "born and raised" in Grayson's district and is "embarrassed to be represented" by him in Washington. 

"This is the United States of America. A member of Congress represents all of us -- no matter where we live," she said. 

Grayson has been high on the headline list for the last few months. He received national attention in September for saying on the House floor during the debate over health care reform that Republicans want sick people to "die quickly." He apologized in October for calling a female adviser to Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke a "whore."

The congressman, who is Jewish, was also reprimanded by the Anti-Defamation League for calling the current health care system a "holocaust in America."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/12/22/grayson-wants-critic-jailed-claiming-constituent/

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Criticize a Dem...He tries to put you in Jail
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 03:03:17 PM »
well her claim that she is his constituent is a LIE......isn't it?

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 03:29:50 PM »
well if we are now putting people in jail for lieing obama should be right in there with them

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 03:35:24 PM »
well if we are now putting people in jail for lieing obama should be right in there with them

I was wondering how long that would take.

There's no law against being "tasteless and juvenile" (that I'm aware of) but Grayson's got every right to call out this woman for misreprenting herself as his constituent

If she's broken some election law then tough titties - she have to deal with the consequences of her actions

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 05:08:11 PM »
Straw,

It's not in the article, but the website "mycongressmanisnuts" is actually owned by her and 2 others, one of whom does live in the district.  Not trying to mislead you, just want to give you more info.

Now, Grayson is crying because of the word "my" and accusing her of being a liar, but the reality is that Congress people (all of them) represent all Americans as well as individual districts.  It's our government, it's our President, etc.  That's hardly a jailable offense.  And the fact that he wants to jail somebody for that is sad, repugnant, and disgusting.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 05:28:22 PM »
Straw,

It's not in the article, but the website "mycongressmanisnuts" is actually owned by her and 2 others, one of whom does live in the district.  Not trying to mislead you, just want to give you more info.

Now, Grayson is crying because of the word "my" and accusing her of being a liar, but the reality is that Congress people (all of them) represent all Americans as well as individual districts.  It's our government, it's our President, etc.  That's hardly a jailable offense.  And the fact that he wants to jail somebody for that is sad, repugnant, and disgusting.

http://www.mycongressmanisnuts.com/

looks like they just changed the YouTube link though perhaps it's just my computer.

The link shows a picture of Angela Langley on FOX portraying herself as a constituent which she is not

The picture is still there but it's now a different clip

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 06:14:59 PM »
The link shows a picture of Angela Langley on FOX portraying herself as a constituent which she is not

So we try and throw her in jail for 5 years for that?  What about his claim that Republicans want sick people to die quickly?  Guess he gets a pass on that, huh?

You really don't see the danger of a congressman actually attempting to jail somebody for being a co-owner of a website that used the word "my" in the name?  That abuse of power doesn't bother you at all?  Ever heard of Pastor Niemoller?

"First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a communist;
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Jew;
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak out for me."

We're not talking a hypothetical here, Straw.  This is an actual congressman actually pushing the U.S. Attorney General to jail this woman.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 06:40:49 PM »

So we try and throw her in jail for 5 years for that?  What about his claim that Republicans want sick people to die quickly?  Guess he gets a pass on that, huh?

You really don't see the danger of a congressman actually attempting to jail somebody for being a co-owner of a website that used the word "my" in the name?  That abuse of power doesn't bother you at all?  Ever heard of Pastor Niemoller?

"First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a communist;
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Jew;
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak out for me."

We're not talking a hypothetical here, Straw.  This is an actual congressman actually pushing the U.S. Attorney General to jail this woman.

Calm Down Skippy

most likely no one is going to jail and you know it

Spare me the holocaust references

I'm sure anyone in that district can express their opinion on a website without fear of mass deportation and murder

If she broke any laws by going on TV and misrepresenting herself then there's no reason not investigate

if nothing else, politics is war and no one could deny that this chick and her friends are basically declaring war on him

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 07:02:44 PM »
That's not just a holocaust reference, it's a lesson to be learned of all governments.

Yes, it's unlikely she will go to jail, but that's not the point.  The fact that a congressman is pressuring the Attorney General to jail somebody over this crap is the point.  And that type of abusive power is sickening and scary.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 07:35:50 PM »
That's not just a holocaust reference, it's a lesson to be learned of all governments.

Yes, it's unlikely she will go to jail, but that's not the point.  The fact that a congressman is pressuring the Attorney General to jail somebody over this crap is the point.  And that type of abusive power is sickening and scary.
are you really scared?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2009, 07:39:18 PM »
skip your wasting your time straw has posters of grayson covering his room... ::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2009, 07:54:45 PM »
skip your wasting your time straw has posters of grayson covering his room... ::)

he scares you too?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2009, 08:20:23 PM »
he scares you too?
in the same way palin scares you  ;)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2009, 02:37:37 AM »

Haha.  Exactly.

They'll piss and moan endlessly about Palin and stupid "tweets", but here we have an actual congressman trying to jail a person over something trivial and it's like, "no big deal...".

Dems are a scary group of people.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2009, 03:16:13 AM »

I've said MANY times that I pray to the baby Jeebus that Palin runs in 2012

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2009, 03:18:51 AM »

Haha.  Exactly.

They'll piss and moan endlessly about Palin and stupid "tweets", but here we have an actual congressman trying to jail a person over something trivial and it's like, "no big deal...".

Dems are a scary group of people.

you're the only one here who actually said you were scared of anyone

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2009, 05:32:07 AM »
I've said MANY times that I pray to the baby Jeebus that Palin runs in 2012

Sarah would kick your ass and you know and everyone else knows it.  That's why you are petrified of her.   ;D

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2009, 06:22:51 AM »
well her claim that she is his constituent is a LIE......isn't it?

According to that article, she doesn't claim to be a constituent, ...those are Grayson's words.

She claims he represents her as a congressman of the USA. Sounds rather petty to me. Grayson needs to zip it.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2009, 06:37:01 AM »
According to that article, she doesn't claim to be a constituent, ...those are Grayson's words.

She claims he represents her as a congressman of the USA. Sounds rather petty to me. Grayson needs to zip it.

Other than some of his work on the Fed. he is a complete joke and another embarassment from Harvard like the very temporary squatter in the WH.     

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2009, 07:10:05 AM »
Sarah would kick your ass and you know and everyone else knows it.  That's why you are petrified of her.   ;D

you're joking right?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2009, 07:13:32 AM »

She claimed to be a constituent in that Fox interview.

The website had her interview (I watched it) and they changed it to a different video that only shows small snips of that interview mixed with other video

I have no problem with Grayson pursuing Langley to the fullest extent he can.  They are coming after him and he is completely within his rights to go after them to the fullest extent of the law

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2009, 07:19:41 AM »
you're joking right?

Absolutely not.  I would bet money that in a fight she would probably mop the floor with you.  She hunts bears bro.  You sip Starbucks with your BF. 

It would not even be fair.     

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2009, 07:32:50 AM »
Absolutely not.  I would bet money that in a fight she would probably mop the floor with you.  She hunts bears bro.  You sip Starbucks with your BF. 

It would not even be fair.     

333 - you've said a lot of stupid things on this board (I mean really, a LOT of stupid things) but this might take the cake.

to be fair - I did give you a chance to admit you were joking

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2009, 07:34:58 AM »
333 - you've said a lot of stupid things on this board (I mean really, a LOT of stupid things) but this might take the cake.

to be fair - I did give you a chance to admit you were joking

Why?  Do you think a woman could not kick your ass in a fight? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2009, 07:51:26 AM »
Why?  Do you think a woman could not kick your ass in a fight? 

No doubt some could but if you truly think I fear a physical fight with Palin then you're a moron

you sound like you're in the third grade