Author Topic: Senate healthcare bill includes gun ownership rights!  (Read 486 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Senate healthcare bill includes gun ownership rights!
« on: December 23, 2009, 07:18:11 AM »
haha great move by repubs on this one... below, you hear someone whining about it

Senate, White House Health Reform Tucks in Gun Rights
by Donna Smith
December 22, 2009

Could we make this stuff up? We cannot get healthcare as a basic human right for one another. But we sure can make sure gun ownership protections are tucked into the Senate health reform bill that is so celebrated as historic by the White House.

It gives a whole new meaning to "kill the bill," doesn't it? Or maybe killing people in a number of ways just didn't really matter all that much in this process so far. Protecting the money and the power is what mattered. Is there any better explanation for including gun rights issues within healthcare legislation?

In an Associated Press report we read, "Gun rights lobbyists pushed for language to ban collection of data on gun ownership in the bill."

That's right. Somehow the gun lobby was able to secure its own special little deal to make sure those who wish to brandish guns are able to do so without too much scrutiny.

So, let's get another thing straight from Congress' health reform effort thus far. We cannot possibly protect the right to have healthcare professionals and patients decide on appropriate healthcare treatments without more intervention by private, for-profit insurance companies, but we can add in more protections for those who wish to kill with guns to do so?

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Senate healthcare bill includes gun ownership rights!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 11:27:58 AM »
This fucktard just doesn't get it.  Why should my medical records have anything to do with my guns? 

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 11:40:03 AM »
This fucktard just doesn't get it.  Why should my medical records have anything to do with my guns? 

Uh if you are mentally unstable you SHOULDN'T have a gun. 
Abandon every hope...

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 12:22:49 PM »
Lol...Agreed 240, great move on this one.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 12:38:55 PM »
Cool
S

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 08:02:42 AM »
Uh if you are mentally unstable you SHOULDN'T have a gun. 

And medical records should in no way, shape, or form be a part or the determining factor if you have a gun.  This opens the pandoras box of gun owner and privacy rights.