Author Topic: Whats your favorite way to get your servings of veggies  (Read 1198 times)

ronbrgundy

• Getbig II
  • You stay classy
Whats your favorite way to get your servings of veggies
« on: December 23, 2009, 07:14:19 PM »
I have a good plan for my proteins but not for veggies.  Right now I just try to order something with veggies when i'm out eating at subway or cheesy stuff like that, but no solid game plan. 

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Whats your favorite way to get your servings of veggies
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 10:53:02 PM »
I have a good plan for my proteins but not for veggies.  Right now I just try to order something with veggies when i'm out eating at subway or cheesy stuff like that, but no solid game plan. 

"Roasted" is my new favorite way of having veggies.  Just about anything works @ 400/425 spritzed with some olive oil / 25 mins - broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, asparagus, sweet potato, green beans, yellow beans, zucchini, red peppers, onions, etc.
:

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 03:42:38 AM »
Make your own homemade soups. It's a good way to get a bunch of vegetables that you wouldn't otherwise want to eat. Being part of a soup diminishes the individual tastes of the less palatable vegetables like cauliflower (Yuck!)

Also, get a blender capable of pulverizing fruits and vegetables. You can mix the two and the end result tastes more like fruit juice than vegetable juice. Most blenders come with recipe books. The Jack LaLanne one is actually quite good.

The third option is salads. Start just with a couple of different types of lettuce and dressing. Then slowly add vegetables like carrots and cucumbers. What I used to do was scrap tiny slivers of carrots and other veggies into my salads with a peeler until I got used to them. Soon, I actually wanted them in my salads. Add a can of tuna to the salad. Throw in some fresh cashews, walnuts or almonds. Top with a oil/vinegar based dressing. Make your own with healthy oils and vinegar. Add some pepper, a little salt, and some garlic powder. Mix well.

mar10s

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 11:03:07 AM »
I just buy a big bag of broccoli from Sam's Club and steam a bunch of it on Sundays so I have enough for the week.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 11:35:54 AM »
V8 vegetable juice is good.  Also I like to go to a restaurant with all you can eat salad bar and get my fill of veggies. 

R.A.M.

• Getbig IV
  • BOOM!! Take a Look at this hunk of Man.
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 11:40:11 AM »
Make your own homemade soups. It's a good way to get a bunch of vegetables that you wouldn't otherwise want to eat. Being part of a soup diminishes the individual tastes of the less palatable vegetables like cauliflower (Yuck!)

Also, get a blender capable of pulverizing fruits and vegetables. You can mix the two and the end result tastes more like fruit juice than vegetable juice. Most blenders come with recipe books. The Jack LaLanne one is actually quite good.

The third option is salads. Start just with a couple of different types of lettuce and dressing. Then slowly add vegetables like carrots and cucumbers. What I used to do was scrap tiny slivers of carrots and other veggies into my salads with a peeler until I got used to them. Soon, I actually wanted them in my salads. Add a can of tuna to the salad. Throw in some fresh cashews, walnuts or almonds. Top with a oil/vinegar based dressing. Make your own with healthy oils and vinegar. Add some pepper, a little salt, and some garlic powder. Mix well.

I couldn't agree more.