Author Topic: 'Avatar' Posts Biggest-Ever Non-summer Monday/Tuesday With Total Of $ 32 Million  (Read 4852 times)

Bodybuilding Related

• Getbig IV
  • We Are All Blessed To Be Here
Any worries about "Avatar" after it got off to less than a phenomenal start this past weekend have been erased.

20th Century Fox's costly 3D tentpole movie sold $16.4 million worth of tickets on Monday and $16 million on Tuesday in the U.S. and Canada, according to the studio. That's the highest-ever domestic gross on either day for a film playing outside of summer.

Including flicks that opened in summer, traditionally the strongest time of the year for moviegoing, "Avatar" had the third-biggest non-holiday Monday (excluding Memorial Day and July 4th weekends) ever and the third-biggest Tuesday ever.

Huge weekday ticket sales for "Avatar" are yet another sign, along with its higher-than-predicted Sunday, that word-of-mouth for the movie is fantastic and spreading fast.

According to people who have seen audience polling, "Avatar" will probably decline very modestly, if at all, this coming weekend compared with its $77-million debut. Combined with the $109.5 million it has grossed so far, it will probably be close to and possibly over $200 million by Sunday and on its way to an ultimate domestic gross of at least $350 million.

Combined with even bigger grosses from foreign countries, including a debut in Japan today that is expected to be very strong, a final worldwide total of more than $1 billion is looking more and more likely for "Avatar."

The $430 million that Fox, along with Dune Entertainment and Ingenious Partners, spent to produce and sell the movie is looking like a better investment every day.

Who's seen this movie yet?  What did you think?  I don't think I've heard a bad word about it yet so I'm hoping at least Uberman09 could chime in.   ;D

JasonH

• Getbig V
Haven't seen it yet but from what clips I've seen so far it's gonna look awesome when it comes out on blu-ray.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Any worries about "Avatar" after it got off to less than a phenomenal start this past weekend have been erased.

20th Century Fox's costly 3D tentpole movie sold $16.4 million worth of tickets on Monday and $16 million on Tuesday in the U.S. and Canada, according to the studio. That's the highest-ever domestic gross on either day for a film playing outside of summer.

Including flicks that opened in summer, traditionally the strongest time of the year for moviegoing, "Avatar" had the third-biggest non-holiday Monday (excluding Memorial Day and July 4th weekends) ever and the third-biggest Tuesday ever.

Huge weekday ticket sales for "Avatar" are yet another sign, along with its higher-than-predicted Sunday, that word-of-mouth for the movie is fantastic and spreading fast.

According to people who have seen audience polling, "Avatar" will probably decline very modestly, if at all, this coming weekend compared with its $77-million debut. Combined with the $109.5 million it has grossed so far, it will probably be close to and possibly over $200 million by Sunday and on its way to an ultimate domestic gross of at least $350 million.

Combined with even bigger grosses from foreign countries, including a debut in Japan today that is expected to be very strong, a final worldwide total of more than $1 billion is looking more and more likely for "Avatar."

The $430 million that Fox, along with Dune Entertainment and Ingenious Partners, spent to produce and sell the movie is looking like a better investment every day.

Who's seen this movie yet?  What did you think?  I don't think I've heard a bad word about it yet so I'm hoping at least Uberman09 could chime in.   ;D

It looks good but I just have no motivation to go and see it , maybe tomorrow if things slow down.

Bodybuilding Related

• Getbig IV
I think it's awesome that James Cameron continues to have such great success.

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
I have watched and I was impressed. 3D has come a long way. Is it bad that the blue chick kinda turned me on in the movie?
You Can't Do It!!!

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
i saw the trailer and thought it's shit but everyone says it's great so i'm gonna watch it

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Saw the movie Monday. It was definitley awesome.

Almost 3 hours.

Lots of good action, special effects were outstanding and a great story line.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
I think it's awesome that James Cameron continues to have such great success.

He deserves it. Not sure if he's the one doing the next movie in the Alien franchise, but it would be great if he did.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
I'll never forgive him for Titanic.
Deep Tissue Massage

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
When will it be on HBO?

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?

You didn't reach for a tissue when Jack went down on Rose, "big" guy?

I'm talking about him drowning in the ocean, of course.

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers

was a fucking great movie

i always shed tears watching this

Aaron Singerman

• Getbig IV
Avatar was awesome. I was only disappointed when it ended and I had to go back to the real world!

I strongly recommend this movie.
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
"I'm talking about him drowning in the ocean, of course."

I remember being a stupid 20 year old, seeing Titanic in a movie theater with a girl (yes
homo)

My brother and his GF were there.  Right when Leo's character Jack froze and sank into the sea, my brother quipped "hu hu huhh... Jack Frost..." way too loud in the theater.  A bunch of people in tears were all like "You asshole, WTF is wrong with you.."

They were emotionally involved with a movie character.  gayer than pink popcorn.

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
"I'm talking about him drowning in the ocean, of course."

I remember being a stupid 20 year old, seeing Titanic in a movie theater with a girl (yes
homo)

My brother and his GF were there.  Right when Leo's character Jack froze and sank into the sea, my brother quipped "hu hu huhh... Jack Frost..." way too loud in the theater.  A bunch of people in tears were all like "You asshole, WTF is wrong with you.."

They were emotionally involved with a movie character.  gayer than pink popcorn.

hahaha jack frost...nice one

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
He deserves it. Not sure if he's the one doing the next movie in the Alien franchise, but it would be great if he did.

he's a genius and the only reason I have interest in seeing "avatar"

i didn't know there would be another "alien" but i get excited at the thought of him doing it :)

E
E

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
i didn't know there would be another "alien" but i get excited at the thought of him doing it :)

E

It's not definite and apparently, it might be Ridley Scott doing it. They are considering doing a prequel to the first movie (Alien), which in the movies' timeline would place it somewhere between AVP II and Alien.

And LOL @ Jack Frost ;D

A2daMIR

• Getbig III
Haven't seen it yet but from what clips I've seen so far it's gonna look awesome when it comes out on blu-ray as a torrent.
fixed

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
am i the only one that didn't think "titanic" was sad?

E
E

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
am i the only one that didn't think "titanic" was sad?

E

it was fucking sad dude

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
it was fucking sad dude

i thought "dennis" on youtube was sad

titanic, not so much

E
E

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
The makers of the movie supposedly put in over 500 hidden messeges that would take over 50 viewings(in slow motion) to catch every one of them by a trained eye..."They" will be talking about and studying this movie in class rooms 10 years from now...

Bodybuilding Related

• Getbig IV
The makers of the movie supposedly put in over 500 hidden messeges that would take over 50 viewings(in slow motion) to catch every one of them by a trained eye..."They" will be talking about and studying this movie in class rooms 10 years from now...

You got a source for that?

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
You got a source for that?

no its completely made up...