Author Topic: Proposed Healthcare Bill Taxes/Fees  (Read 640 times)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Proposed Healthcare Bill Taxes/Fees
« on: December 24, 2009, 03:09:48 PM »
I want reform too.  But, I hate this bill.  Here are some of the ways it's going to be paid for according to the Joint Committee on Taxation (jct.gov):

Tax on high-end health insurance plans: $149.1 billion
Capping flexible spending accounts at $2,500: $14.6 billion
Fees for drug makers: $22.2 billion
Fees for medical device makers: $19.3 billion
Fees for health insurance companies: $60.4 billion
Higher floor for deducting medical expenses: $15.2 billion
Higher payroll tax for top earners: $53.8 billion
Tax on cosmetic surgery: $5.8 billion

Consumers pay for all of the above, so how is raising the fees helping to lower healthcare costs?  Doctors are also getting screwed (not complaining about that as most of you have been fucking us for a long time), hospitals, nurses, etc.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Re: Proposed Healthcare Bill Taxes/Fees
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 03:11:44 PM »
Individual mandate too...

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 03:13:45 PM »
Skip- I alluded to this a week or two ago.

The status quo is a lot better than destroying the entire system.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 03:23:38 PM »

This monstrosity is going to be the gift that keeps on giving, sort of like herpes. 

Its the worst of all possible options and I am seriously going to start a movement called "KTFO an Obama Voter Day" every week. 

Its absolutely horrible on so many levels.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 03:37:42 PM »

Yeah, I disagreed with you then.  Now, I'm rethinking my position.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 05:02:31 PM »

Yeah, I disagreed with you then.  Now, I'm rethinking my position.

I see no redeeming qualities or benefits from this legislation whatsoever. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2009, 08:05:18 PM »
I see no redeeming qualities or benefits from this legislation whatsoever. 

I don't get it at all.  Taxes on high end insurance programs?  Why the assumption that people will be keeping these programs once they start getting taxed on them?  Same with cosmetic surgery.

Fees for drug makers, medical device makers, and health insurance companies all get passed onto the very people who we're trying to help - patients!  How the fuck does that make any sense?

I notice some of the board libs are big on boasting they got something through.  BFD.  Try explaining some of these tougher questions.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2009, 08:10:06 PM »

I don't get it at all.  Taxes on high end insurance programs?  Why the assumption that people will be keeping these programs once they start getting taxed on them?  Same with cosmetic surgery.

Fees for drug makers, medical device makers, and health insurance companies all get passed onto the very people who we're trying to help - patients!  How the fuck does that make any sense?

I notice some of the board libs are big on boasting they got something through.  BFD.  Try explaining some of these tougher questions.

Skip - also - when you have 30 million new people eneteing a system now and no corresponding increase in medical providers, what do you think is going to happen?  Serious, think about it what this is going to accomplish?

Also, the CBO already said that the numbers the dem used were nonsense and that this is going to increase the deficit, not decrease it. 

Its a complete disaster on so many levels. 

On another thread, I gave about 8 questions to Benny regarding this bill, you know how many he answered?  0

Yet, he is cheering like this is a good thing.  Unreal. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2009, 08:21:50 PM »
Skip - also - when you have 30 million new people eneteing a system now and no corresponding increase in medical providers, what do you think is going to happen?  Serious, think about it what this is going to accomplish?

Also, the CBO already said that the numbers the dem used were nonsense and that this is going to increase the deficit, not decrease it. 

Its a complete disaster on so many levels. 

On another thread, I gave about 8 questions to Benny regarding this bill, you know how many he answered?  0

Yet, he is cheering like this is a good thing.  Unreal. 

Exactly, when pressed on the tough questions he runs like a cowering little bitch.

As for the manpower issue, I thought nursing was already hurting for people (I'll have to ask a couple of the nurses I know, but I'm fairly sure that's correct).  So, I'm just guessing but maybe they'll try and incentivize new recruits with higher salaries which will lead to even greater costs.  Fuck...where will it ever end...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2009, 08:37:35 PM »

Exactly, when pressed on the tough questions he runs like a cowering little bitch.

As for the manpower issue, I thought nursing was already hurting for people (I'll have to ask a couple of the nurses I know, but I'm fairly sure that's correct).  So, I'm just guessing but maybe they'll try and incentivize new recruits with higher salaries which will lead to even greater costs.  Fuck...where will it ever end...

I did not have health insurance for a few years but was healthy active, and did not engage in risky behaviors likely to result in injury, other than lifting of course.  Even then, I would say - do I really need to throw 405 on the squat rack right now etc. 

That led to me trying to stay healthy and not utlizing the service.  However, when people without insurance are now forced to pay for it, you know what?  They are going to use it and the system will be swamped with new people using services and no corresponding increase in providers.  Its going to necessarily result in rationing and delays and substandard care. 

This is why I get so pissed off with the chearleaders for this mess.  They dont realize that what they are doing will utterly destroy the system, not reform it. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2009, 08:58:47 PM »
I did not have health insurance for a few years but was healthy active, and did not engage in risky behaviors likely to result in injury, other than lifting of course.  Even then, I would say - do I really need to throw 405 on the squat rack right now etc. 

That led to me trying to stay healthy and not utlizing the service.  However, when people without insurance are now forced to pay for it, you know what?  They are going to use it and the system will be swamped with new people using services and no corresponding increase in providers.  Its going to necessarily result in rationing and delays and substandard care. 

This is why I get so pissed off with the chearleaders for this mess.  They dont realize that what they are doing will utterly destroy the system, not reform it. 

Possibly, and that's just one scenario.  IMO, it could very well play out that fewer people are covered.  It will cost a company only $750.00 to not cover employees.  That's far cheaper than providing them with insurance.

Here's the complete 2000+ pg PPACA:
http://democrats.senate.gov/reform/patient-protection-affordable-care-act.pdf

...Covering kids until they're 26?????  WTF?  Can we say, "Nanny State Dependency".  With special exceptions aside for disabled individuals, what kind of parent rears a 26 yr old dependent?