Author Topic: Anyone else bulking on Christmas Day?  (Read 2709 times)

Army of One

• Getbig V
Anyone else bulking on Christmas Day?
« on: December 25, 2009, 04:52:52 AM »
Im wondering about meal timings and getting away from the family to fit in a workout, anyone have any ideas for working the muscles while seated rounded the dinner table?Seated calf raises with your hot cousin on your lap?Arm wrestling with the skinny fat uncle who after seeing your rippling guns, tells stories of benching 550 in his prime?

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
Re: Anyone else bulking on Christmas Day?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 04:58:05 AM »
i'm not bulking per se but i'm gonna take it easy today......

"taking it easy" as in doing 3 cardio sessions and taking clen/t3 and pinning some growth  ;D

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2009, 05:29:06 AM »
i'm not bulking per se but i'm gonna take it easy today......

"taking it easy" as in doing 3 cardio sessions and taking clen/t3 and pinning some growth  ;D

Taking it easy for you means consuming 1000 calories today right?  ;D

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2009, 05:50:45 AM »
Taking it easy for you means consuming 1000 calories today right?  ;D

lol exactly

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2009, 09:40:26 AM »
Im wondering about meal timings and getting away from the family to fit in a workout, anyone have any ideas for working the muscles while seated rounded the dinner table?Seated calf raises with your hot cousin on your lap?Arm wrestling with the skinny fat uncle who after seeing your rippling guns, tells stories of benching 550 in his prime?

As far as meals go, I'll be eating at a relative's house later with many family members. They are having ham and fried turkey, along with a bunch of other junk containing far too much fat, sugar, sodium, etc. So needless to say, I'll be bringing my own meals in my trusty cooler - baked turkey, grilled chicken and flank steak, brown rice, yams, broccoli, etc. Since I'll be there about half a day, I'll prepack at least 3 of these meals, along with a couple of mrp shakes in case traffic is bad or I otherwise get held up listening to boring family stories and anecdotes, looking at old pictures for the hundredth time, or whatever.

Regarding training, I always make it a point to avoid any physical activity outside of the gym. I don't arm wrestle - what if I tore a bicep or strained something? I could be out of the gym for days, weeks, or longer. The risk is not worth it. Even if I didn't get injured, the physical and mental stress of such a pointless undertaking could cause me to briefly go into a catabolic state, and would likely interfere with training intensity for a day or two as well.
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2009, 09:42:21 AM »
As far as meals go, I'll be eating at a relative's house later with many family members. They are having ham and fried turkey, along with a bunch of other junk containing far too much fat, sugar, sodium, etc. So needless to say, I'll be bringing my own meals in my trusty cooler - baked turkey, grilled chicken and flank steak, brown rice, yams, broccoli, etc. Since I'll be there about half a day, I'll prepack at least 3 of these meals, along with a couple of mrp shakes in case traffic is bad or I otherwise get held up listening to boring family stories and anecdotes, looking at old pictures for the hundredth time, or whatever.

Regarding training, I always make it a point to avoid any physical activity outside of the gym. I don't arm wrestle - what if I tore a bicep or strained something? I could be out of the gym for days, weeks, or longer. The risk is not worth it. Even if I didn't get injured, the physical and mental stress of such a pointless undertaking could cause me to briefly go into a catabolic state, and would likely interfere with training intensity for a day or two as well.
2 is a true warrior for sure

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2009, 09:47:07 AM »
ive been "dieting" for a few weeks...   but what ive been doing is eating only lean protein and vegetables untill after i train at night. then after that ill go ahead and chow down on whatever the hell i feel like. the first week or so i was gorging myself at night, and was still making progress. but now i dont want to eat the garbage at night anymore. last night i just had some fatfree yogurt, fruit salad, bread roll, and low fat apple pie ice cream.   so today ill probably just do a few protien/veggie meals, then tonight eat  up a bit of cake and pie and candy and thats about it

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2009, 09:48:00 AM »
well last night at xmas eve we had pizza and pastas and such...and i wanted to eat them so bad...but ive made such strides w my clear skin i didnt want to risk it...so i had chicken w spinnach and olive oil and vinegar

friday is my usual cheat meal day...so i woke up and had a shake w mac oil, then an omlette, then turkey w cashews, then im gonna have a shake w mac oil, then im gonna cheat and have some lasanga w leftover pizza...but im gonna eat cashews w it to see if that will slow the insulin spike so i dont break out....then ill have some pie for dessert...then when  get home ill have turkey w green beans and peanut butter

i hope my face stays clear today
w

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2009, 09:49:16 AM »
You know the hardcore when they are bringing prepacked meals to Christmas dinner.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2009, 09:50:52 AM »
You know the hardcore when they are bringing prepacked meals to Christmas dinner.
i am
w

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2009, 09:53:09 AM »
I think I've already ingested 7-8000 kcal today, yesterday the same. Fucking family gatherings. Once started with cakes, cookies and chocolate between the meals there's no stopping anymore, I could go on and on and on and on and......

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2009, 09:53:14 AM »
Bob Chick, what are you eating today?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2009, 09:54:04 AM »
well last night at xmas eve we had pizza and pastas and such...and i wanted to eat them so bad...but ive made such strides w my clear skin i didnt want to risk it...so i had chicken w spinnach and olive oil and vinegar

friday is my usual cheat meal day...so i woke up and had a shake w mac oil, then an omlette, then turkey w cashews, then im gonna have a shake w mac oil, then im gonna cheat and have some lasanga w leftover pizza...but im gonna eat cashews w it to see if that will slow the insulin spike so i dont break out....then ill have some pie for dessert...then when  get home ill have turkey w green beans and peanut butter

i hope my face stays clear today
lol gene you dont need cashews to slow down your lasagna and pizze theres already PLENTY of fat in those!

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2009, 09:55:07 AM »
lol gene you dont need cashews to slow down your lasagna and pizze theres already PLENTY of fat in those!
ok!
w

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2009, 09:58:06 AM »

Yeah Buddy - Hard Core to The Core! Leg Day today - I'll squat till I drop!
A

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2009, 09:59:30 AM »
Yeah Buddy - Hard Core to The Core! Leg Day today - I'll squat till I drop!

I haven't seen a gym in a week or so... :-\ Fuck dat shit till new years eve, after that early enough back to the sociopathic Eat/Sleep/Train-life.

ygbodybuilder10

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2009, 10:05:49 AM »
i'm still bulking
Team SCI-FIT

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2009, 10:06:40 AM »
i'm still bulking
whats your diet like? do u ever have cheat days or meals? r u gonna cheat today?
w

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2009, 10:06:50 AM »
Probably have one decent sized cheat meal today and had one last night also. Now I will end up dieting through the weekend to make up for it and might even go for a walk today because the gym is closed. I know, I am hardcore have no life . Its just that I am 3-4lbs from being in the shape of my life and I am obsessed.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2009, 03:59:58 PM »
 i think i'm full now. why, why, whyyyyy????? did i eat the whole thing.
F

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2009, 04:03:31 PM »
i think i'm full now. why, why, whyyyyy????? did i eat the whole thing.
now there's an athlete

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2009, 04:03:47 PM »
It was interesting to see what "normal" people eat.

I only ate tuna and rice and protein shakes so I could have an optimal nitrogen balance.
P

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2009, 04:14:23 PM »
This cant be true wave how do you stay ripped (no homo)

I'm not really ripped right now but I keep my weight in check simply by reducing calories again for the next days.