Author Topic: Kwanzaa reflections: completely blown off by a sista the other day (no racist)  (Read 3081 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."

The quick-and-dirty... (stop me if you've heard this rant before)

I fly in from Vegas the other night and on my way out of the airport, it seems that I've drawn eye contact from an attractive young, ebony-skinned woman.  I can tell by the way her coat fits that she doesn't have much ass, but rate her as a 7.5+ on looks and hair alone. 

I look towards her, and as I'm about to throw her a slight 'thanks, but no thanks' smile ;), *she* quickly dismisses *me*...a pre-emptive strike from the little slut! 

I'm floored and just a little bit miffed, but it speaks directly to what's been said all along about these hoochies.  I dress like a guy who doesn't give a fuck (aka 'bum') and because I didn't look like a business traveler with significant means to support her broke ass, she decided I was not to receive a smileback.  Bitch. 

Put a little white girl in the same situation, though, and the outcome is completely different.  There needs to be a place where black women can go to smarten up.  (again, no racist)

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
cliff notes.....my head hurts...i am not reading more than 30 words at a time today.

bench

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World

I fly in from Vegas the other night and on my way out of the airport, it seems that I've drawn eye contact from an attractive young, ebony-skinned woman.  I can tell by the way her coat fits that she doesn't have much ass, but rate her as a 7.5+ on looks and hair alone. 

I look towards her, and as I'm about to throw her a slight 'thanks, but no thanks' smile ;), *she* quickly dismisses *me*...a pre-emptive strike from the little slut! 

I'm floored and just a little bit miffed, but it speaks directly to what's been said all along about these hoochies.  I dress like a guy who doesn't give a fuck (aka 'bum') and because I didn't look like a business

traveler with significant means to support her broke ass, she decided I was not to receive a smileback.
  Bitch. 

Put a little white girl in the same situation, though, and the outcome is completely different.  There needs to be a place where black women can go to smarten up.  (again, no racist)

write to For Sistas Only. Ask them incorporate this in their "relationship" workshop.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
cliff notes.....my head hurts...i am not reading more than 30 words at a time today.

LOL

Bitch blew me off, cuz I wasn't dressed right. White girls never do that, though, only the black ones.  I don't understand, so I get mad.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
LOL

Bitch blew me off, cuz I wasn't dressed right. White girls never do that, though, only the black ones.  I don't understand, so I get mad.
because black Americans are the most materialistic people on the planet......not their fault, have you watched TV lately.....i don't need to tell you this...but blacks haven't really been in the money for that long....the culture will grow out of the flashy shit in a few years..and stop "showing off" how much, or how little money they have.

bench

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
because black Americans are the most materialistic people on the planet......not their fault, have you watched TV lately.....i don't need to tell you this...but blacks haven't really been in the money for that long....the culture will grow out of the flashy shit in a few years..and stop "showing off" how much, or how little money they have.

bench

good falcon eyesight/foresight
A

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
good falcon eyesight/foresight
i captured a half man/half reptile earlier today.....what do i do with it?

bench

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

bench

hahahahah riiiiiiiiiiiiiight

SO you're saying blacks aren't gonna wanna drive Escalades with 30" rims in a few years or won't wanna wear chains and diamond earrings?

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
ypu should always dress smart when flying.....
No doubt about it...

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

bench

...I work with an educated black guy and few black doctors here in the hospital. One of the Docs has a Yukon with HUGE chrome rims (he probably has less than an inch of rubber on the wheels). The black doc I work with everyday always talks about his beemer and lexus.

...as opposed to the white docs that I work with who drive stock GM or Toyotas.

Even educated blacks love having the glitz.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
...I work with an educated black guy and few black doctors here in the hospital. One of the Docs has a Yukon with HUGE chrome rims (he probably has less than an inch of rubber on the wheels). The black doc I work with everyday always talks about his beemer and lexus.

like i said...they will grow out of it...maybe not them...but there kids or grandchildren will.

bench

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Why do you think they will grow out of it?

I disagree.

Ignorance breeds ignorance.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
Why do you think they will grow out of it?

I disagree.

Ignorance breeds ignorance.
every culture has grown out of stupid shit......

bench

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V

Two years ago, I was driving a '97 Thunderbird that had been paid off since 2000.  It was wintertime and it had developed an oil leak in a naughty spot that was going to cost $2000+ to repair at the dealership.  My daughter's mom had been pressing me to get a newer vehicle for quite some time and she finally got her wish, as I couldn't justify spending that amount to repair my trusty T-Bird and I was going to need a 4WD for snow season anyway. 

Despite being relatively flush at the time with good credit and a good income, I test drove only one brand-new vehicle.  After shopping around, I bought myself a used truck and I've been very happy with it ever since.  I do have a few payments left, but it'll be paid off this spring and I don't anticipate having a car payment to worry about for the next 6-7 years. 

I don't get into buying lots of 'stuff', but do own a couple of nice TVs (hey, I'm black) that I seldom watch and a PS3 that almost never gets used.

What I do believe in paying for, however, are experiences.  I love to travel that gives me more 'life enhancement' than any electronic gadget or car ever could.   

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World

caddies and black men go back to the days of old. In fact it was in the early to mid 20th century that Caddy was seen as "the it car" to have by blacks, the standard, even though dealerships did not like selling cars to black folk...

And talking about Beemers is no different than my Uncle this past X-mas talking about my grandfather's 67 impala ss, that was suppose to be mine. >:(.
It maybe the a hobby or the one thing he can enjoy

the white doctors may have a boat, or a weed issue, or likes to go on extravagant vactions, or screw his mistress (or nurses), that maybe his thing.

I do agree with Bench though. I also hate huge rims, ricer cars, or kits. I like clean lines. As Chip Foose had said, than any mods need to kept so that the original design or lines of the car are kept.

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!

I'm floored and just a little bit miffed, but it speaks directly to what's been said all along about these hoochies.  I dress like a guy who doesn't give a fuck (aka 'bum') and because I didn't look like a business traveler with significant means to support her broke ass, she decided I was not to receive a smileback.  Bitch. 

Methinks you're inferring a bit much from a bit of eye contact.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Tre, Please take this in the intended spirit. Both of y'all being black don't mean an immediate friendship or deep spiritual connection.

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
Wait...youre mad because you think she blew you off...before you were going to do the same?

And you think its because you look like shit?

1) Her first impression of you was a broke ass man....looking like a bum. She was correct in her assumption. dress better if you wanna pick up higher class meat
2) You tried to engage in eye contact just so you could give her  a "no thanks" look
3) she beat you to the punch
4) now youre an angry black man

Tre...im surprised your big head fit in the airport ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I don't wear jerseys, I'm 30-plus
give me a crisp pair of jeans, button up

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Tre, Please take this in the intended spirit. Both of y'all being black don't mean an immediate friendship or deep spiritual connection.

California is weird when it comes to that, but it's surprising to see in NorCal, especially here in Sacramento where there are so few of us. 

The Blacks here are often out-and-out dismissive of one another.  The Mormons aren't like that and look at how their money has grown.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
It is good not to wear your wallet on your sleeve.  Don't change a thing.

Are you getting tired of our women, Tre?  :(

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
It is good not to wear your wallet on your sleeve. 

its not good to keep a turd in your pocket either.

there is a happy medium

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
its not good to keep a turd in your pocket either.

there is a happy medium

That wouldn't make for a very comfy flight.  I'm a tshirt and fleece guy on planes, although I changed into a collared shirt before border crossing landings last time.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
every culture has grown out of stupid shit......

bench

Hmmm....not so sure about that....
HAHA, RON.....

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
LOL

not trying to be rude, but maybe she thought you were ugly?
b