Author Topic: Personal Trainers on here  (Read 2986 times)

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
Re: Personal Trainers on here
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2009, 10:26:13 AM »
Do you work for someone or are you on your own?

i work for Gold's (there i said it) and i know that i'm better off on my own cuz i get to keep 100% of my hourly rate rather than give 50% ( I only have to give 30% if i do more than 25 PT's a week)

but, I love my boss and i like working for the gym

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2009, 10:27:08 AM »
PT is going to be much different pay for Vince being in the woods of NC than say someone in NYC.

Yep, and since I moved from Greenville, SC its the reason why its a secondary job.
A

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2009, 12:38:44 PM »
Yes, its not that hard to make over a $100k. If people on this board are intrested, I will makes a post daily on how to do it. Its not that difficult to make a six figure income in PT. If no one is intrested I will just leave it here.
I would like to hear Coach.

Please share. I train a few people a month for rent money but def just a side hobby. WOuldn;t mind adding 2 or 3 people but don't want to do much more.

I'm just not willing to hustle and work 20 hr weeks. My vitrual biz is too easy now.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2009, 12:46:36 PM »
Boom.

anyway this is pointless, more and more people get access to internet knowledges and to a gym. There is a huge growing number of self taught people getting into lifting weights and getting healthy. They dont need any PT. Just need to READ. And they teach there kids or relatives how to do it the right way too. It's viral.

PTs will become more and more useless. Getting fit and lean is becoming an easy and very widespread hobby.

This isn't about the training aspect it's about the business end of it. How to set up the business, martketing, getting paid by not charging by the session and creating a steady income, marketing, sales, retaining clients, getting clients. The key is for you to have the training system THAT WILL WORK and not bullshit the client and just take their money.

No, its not just as easy for people to get on the net and research training methods. 1. it's not as easy as that. 2 People who want trainers usually have lives outside of the gym and don't have the time to research.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2009, 12:50:14 PM »
i work for Gold's (there i said it) and i know that i'm better off on my own cuz i get to keep 100% of my hourly rate rather than give 50% ( I only have to give 30% if i do more than 25 PT's a week)

but, I love my boss and i like working for the gym

Then this might not work for you but might benefit your employer. Hey, if you're happy thats great.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2009, 12:52:37 PM »
I would like to hear Coach.

Please share. I train a few people a month for rent money but def just a side hobby. WOuldn;t mind adding 2 or 3 people but don't want to do much more.

I'm just not willing to hustle and work 20 hr weeks. My vitrual biz is too easy now.

If I get enough positive responses I will start posting tomorrow.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2009, 01:01:47 PM »
PT is going to be much different pay for Vince being in the woods of NC than say someone in NYC.

You might not make NYC money, but you can still make a good six figures

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2009, 01:02:46 PM »
Used to be my primary business when I started CFS in 2001 but its now a secondary item.  I still have a good client base
hahaha here we go  ::)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2009, 02:30:54 PM »
Yes, its not that hard to make over a $100k. If people on this board are intrested, I will makes a post daily on how to do it. Its not that difficult to make a six figure income in PT. If no one is intrested I will just leave it here.

Go for it...  8)

Fitlab

• Getbig I
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2009, 03:34:00 PM »
JME it would be interesting to see how you conduct yourself in business and the systems you employ.

Post away mate.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2009, 03:39:19 PM »
Boom.

anyway this is pointless, more and more people get access to internet knowledges and to a gym. There is a huge growing number of self taught people getting into lifting weights and getting healthy. They dont need any PT. Just need to READ. And they teach there kids or relatives how to do it the right way too. It's viral.

PTs will become more and more useless. Getting fit and lean is becoming an easy and very widespread hobby.
Most people are not exercise or bodybuilding enthusiasts like us here... they just want to get fit and better looking, putting the least amount of mental effort into it as possible. I can especially understand this approach for really busy people.
follow the arrows

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2009, 03:50:39 PM »
Boom.

WOW you must be FUCKIN HUGE

I beat you scare people when you walk in gyms with your superior intelligent coupled with your elite genetics

uberman09 is the beast of getbig 8)

peroni

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2009, 04:07:00 PM »

You can do it but it takes time and a sincere interest not just in making money, but learning all the time as well as a sincere interest in your clients.

I've done well for many years now, but being a Golds gym trainer is not going to get you paid. You need to go out on your own and build a reputation, never stop learning, etc etc. I own a gym so of course, that helps...

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2009, 04:11:06 PM »
For me, having a passion for what I do is #1. I'm only going to give what worked for, but Peroni is right! You have to work at it.

Steve Namat

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • IFBB PRO www.stevenamat.com
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2009, 06:11:22 PM »
If I get enough positive responses I will start posting tomorrow.
Let's start it! I'm curious.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2009, 06:31:31 PM »
Pull the trigger coach!

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2009, 07:03:36 PM »
I'd be interested in hearing what Coach has to say. Maybe I'm missing something but I never understood why he gets so much shit here. The only thing I can think of is that it's because he's a Republican/Conservative and believes in God and isn't ashamed to admit it. And why should he? Half the country are Conservatives and the vast majority believe in God.

But maybe it's something else. He is a successful PT and I'd like to know how he built his business. It sure beats punching a clock and having to wear a neck tie.

BTW, Obama is now about 8 miles from where I live. Already taxes are going up and unemployment is rising. But I'm sure he means well. And that's all that really matters. They give Nobel prizes now for good intentions.