Author Topic: Senator Lieberman calls for ‘preemptive’ attack on Yemen  (Read 1919 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Senator Lieberman calls for ‘preemptive’ attack on Yemen
« on: December 27, 2009, 08:06:05 PM »
Tough call here.  I think we should root out and kill any group in any country which is supporting terrorism.  However, doing so will require borrowing hundreds of billions of dollars to fund the bases and military personnel (who are also at risk).  Are we cool with more debt?  If so, should it be a large scale or small scale involvement?  history says no such thing as small-scale anymore.

Speaking on Fox News Sunday, Senator Joeseph Lieberman (I-CT), who leads the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, has a vision of "tomorrow's war."

"Somebody in our government said to me in Sana’a, the capital of Yemen, Iraq was yesterday’s war," Lieberman explained. "Afghanistan is today’s war. If we don’t act preemptively, Yemen will be tomorrow’s war. That’s the danger we face."

Senator Arlen Specter (D-PA), also appearing on the program, seemed to agree, calling an attack against Yemen "something we should consider."

"Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan -- the Army officer who killed 13 people in a shooting rampage at Fort Hood in November -- was linked to Anwar al-Awlaki, a radical Muslim cleric now based in Yemen," The Hill noted.

Unnamed administration officials told US media in the aftermath of the thwarted attack that their suspect had confessed to traveling to Yemen and receiving training by Al-Qaeda.

Lieberman's saber rattling against Yemen is "likely to be echoed in the days ahead as a growing number of neoconservative and conservative foreign policy voices have used the attempted airline attack to call into question the tactics Obama has applied to curb terrorism," Sam Stein added.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: Senator Lieberman calls for ‘preemptive’ attack on Yemen
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 08:22:28 PM »
I think Somalia is next terrorist hot spot, not Yemen. The govt. of Yemen seems to be doing an OK job with their control of extremists and information gathering compared to some of the other shitheads in the Middle East. They're not fans of AQ and treat them as such.

Enough of these stupid wars. More small scale, black ops stuff.

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 10:39:18 PM »
geeze - you guys never learn  ::)

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 10:46:09 PM »
Tough call here.  I think we should root out and kill any group in any country which is supporting terrorism.  However, doing so will require borrowing hundreds of billions of dollars to fund the bases and military personnel (who are also at risk).  Are we cool with more debt?  If so, should it be a large scale or small scale involvement?  history says no such thing as small-scale anymore.

Speaking on Fox News Sunday, Senator Joeseph Lieberman (I-CT), who leads the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, has a vision of "tomorrow's war."

"Somebody in our government said to me in Sana’a, the capital of Yemen, Iraq was yesterday’s war," Lieberman explained. "Afghanistan is today’s war. If we don’t act preemptively, Yemen will be tomorrow’s war. That’s the danger we face."

Senator Arlen Specter (D-PA), also appearing on the program, seemed to agree, calling an attack against Yemen "something we should consider."

"Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan -- the Army officer who killed 13 people in a shooting rampage at Fort Hood in November -- was linked to Anwar al-Awlaki, a radical Muslim cleric now based in Yemen," The Hill noted.

Unnamed administration officials told US media in the aftermath of the thwarted attack that their suspect had confessed to traveling to Yemen and receiving training by Al-Qaeda.

Lieberman's saber rattling against Yemen is "likely to be echoed in the days ahead as a growing number of neoconservative and conservative foreign policy voices have used the attempted airline attack to call into question the tactics Obama has applied to curb terrorism," Sam Stein added.

Then why don't you take your tough guy ass over there............sign up and go fight if you believe in war and the war on terrorism so much.   ::)  It's easy to sit back behind a computer talking tough regarding terrorism and war.........brandishing handguns.........yadda yadda. 

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 12:01:19 PM »
To the two fucktards who posted above me--

Do you think he would be tougher if he sat at home and did nothing while blaming America for all the worlds problems-- maybe he should not support any action ever be taken by the military, unless he was willing to enlist?  What if he was 75 years old, or handicapped, or was pregnant or was already a veteran-- would he be a pussy then?

Would he be a pussy if he enlisted only after America was attacked again and then , only if one of his relatives was killed?

Are you guys anti rape and child molestation? Why don't you go out and try to stop it from happening!?! Your all tough talk behind a computer!

The logic you idiots apply to national security is so juvenile its comedic.

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 05:32:51 PM »
To the two fucktards who posted above me--

Do you think he would be tougher if he sat at home and did nothing while blaming America for all the worlds problems-- maybe he should not support any action ever be taken by the military, unless he was willing to enlist?  What if he was 75 years old, or handicapped, or was pregnant or was already a veteran-- would he be a pussy then?

Would he be a pussy if he enlisted only after America was attacked again and then , only if one of his relatives was killed?

Are you guys anti rape and child molestation? Why don't you go out and try to stop it from happening!?! Your all tough talk behind a computer!

The logic you idiots apply to national security is so juvenile its comedic.

just put all the muslim countries on the hit list - that way you'll be sure to get them all  ;)

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 07:42:12 AM »
YOu guys are going to kill me for this...Rachel Maddow owned Lieberman for his "preemptive" strike on Yemen.  We have been bombing Yemen for a while now.  Look the episode up.  I watched it last night, then turned it after she was done with that segment.  I swear!!!   ;D

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 07:47:43 AM »
That was done by the Yemen AF. Oh and mcdipshit...haven't u said repeatedly that Iraq isn't a real war and we're all pussies. Yeah....
L

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 07:49:46 AM »
That was done by the Yemen AF. Oh and mcdipshit...haven't u said repeatedly that Iraq isn't a real war and we're all pussies. Yeah....

Intel was supplied by our intelligence though.

Don't hate me, I'm just repeating some talking points.   ;D

You blow anything up yet?  Got any video of you guys training at the range?  That would be really cool to see. 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 08:15:07 AM »

Tough call?

Is it a tough call to whether or not to start a war against another country? Start another invasion?

I think it's pretty much a no brainer.

It's a big fcuking no.

No matter how much Lieberman try to use terms like "preemptive" attack or "small scale involvement" - it's still war.

And aside from the moral aspect of it - you know the whole thing about it actually being wrong waging war against another country - it's just counterproductive.

Expensive, both monetary and in lives.
As empty as paradise

the_steevo_uk

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 08:26:31 AM »
This is a big fucking no no...Putting American troops on the Arabian peninsular is going to piss off the entire muslim world (yes even more than they already are). Trust me you put troops there, theyre going to be coming home in body bags in big numbers. The logistics of getting to Yemen are far easier than say Iraq and 1000 times easier than afghanistan. Every nasty fucker from Turkey to Algeria is going to want in. Let the Saudis deal with this, it's their back yard, and trust me they do not want a new Islamic opposition anymore than we do...plus they'll bring the hammer down hard without it looking bad on the US. If it escalates into an Iran-Saudi confrontation (which it has the potential to do) then the US should step in, but not before. You're too stretched on too many fronts.

having said that a few black op's might not hurt.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 11:49:58 AM »
Intel was supplied by our intelligence though.

Don't hate me, I'm just repeating some talking points.   ;D

You blow anything up yet?  Got any video of you guys training at the range?  That would be really cool to see. 

Never...

Actually we blew a 500lbs for fox last Sunday...they had  abucnh of shit they found and piled it on top. They annouce controled dets over a loud speaker we call the "big giant voice"....anyway there was about a 10 minute gap between the warning and the explosion. The damm thing blew a buddy of mine out of the shower...other dudes were sleeping and were slammed out of bed...I thought we got nuked. Fox thought it was great....big friggen mushroom cloud. A few nights ago out helicopters found some assholes digging an IED team in and called on our engineers. They found em and wasted one dude with a .50 Cal. We got pics. Very surprised look on his face...got him in the chest...bad night to be a shitbag. He got paid 20 bucks to dig the thing in. Some of this stuff will be on Fox so I will keep u posted. They will be live here on New Years eve.

L

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2009, 12:47:36 PM »
Stay safe while you're over there. I need you to come back stateside in one piece, so I can have the pleasure of kicking your tush myself.  :D
w

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2009, 05:36:13 PM »
I have no issue with black ops if we're going after terrorists - outright war would be a mistake.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2009, 08:30:31 PM »
hahahahahahha

Yemeni crude oil exports decreased to $1.5 billion during the fiscal period from January –October of 2009, compared with $4.2 billion during the same period of 2008, a decrease of $2.7 billion, the Central Bank of Yemen reported.