Author Topic: class of 1983 at columbia (nobody remembers obama) hmmmmm  (Read 2162 times)

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
class of 1983 at columbia (nobody remembers obama) hmmmmm
« on: December 28, 2009, 05:35:09 AM »
NOBODY REMEMBERS OBAMA AT COLUMBIA

Looking for evidence of Obama’s past, Fox News contacted 400 Columbia University students from the period when Obama claims to have been there, but none remembered him.Wayne Allyn Root was, like Obama, a political science

major at Columbia who also graduated in 1983.

In 2008, Root says of Obama, “I don’t know a single person at Columbia that knew him, and they all know me.I don’t have a classmate who ever knew Barack Obama at Columbia

. Ever! Nobody recalls him. I’m not exaggerating, I’m not kidding.”
Root adds that he was also, like Obama, “Class of ‘83 political science, pre-law” and says, “You don’t get more exact or closer than that. Never met him in my life, don’t know anyone who ever met him.

At the class reunion, our 20th reunion five years ago, who was asked to be the speaker of the class? Me.
No one ever heard of Barack! And five years ago, nobody even knew who he was. The guy who writes the class notes, who’s kind of the, as we say in New York, the macha who knows everybody, has yet to find a person, a human who ever met him. Is that not strange?
It’s very strange.” Obama’s photograph does not appear in the school’s yearbook and Obama consistently declines requests to talk about his years at Columbia, provide school records, or provide the name of any former classmates or friends while at Columbia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Allyn_Root#column-one
NOTE: Root graduated as Valedictorian from his high school, Thornton-Donovan School , then graduated from Columbia University in 1983 as a Political Science major (in the same class as President Barack Obama WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE BEEN IN)
Is this yet another LIE being exposed?????????

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: class of 1983 at columbia (nobody remembers obama) hmmmmm
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 05:37:26 AM »
"Obama’s photograph does not appear in the school’s yearbook "

See, it is very odd inconsistencies like this that add up.  Doesn't prove a thing, but a guy unique as obama isn't easily forgotten.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 05:38:20 AM »
Body - dont bother - the knee padders will be silent on this.  

I have tried over and over with these no-nothings and they refuse to accept the fact that they were duped, suckered, and voted for a man with no record, no credentials, nothing.  

Now the rest of us have to endure this tyrannical nightmare all because these idiots wanted to hope & change.  

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 05:40:25 AM »
i am sure they will be, i just wanted to post these for people that may have started reading after the dates that you posted similar stuff, i started reading this board after that time so i had no idea you posted about obamas books

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 05:42:32 AM »

See, it is very odd inconsistencies like this that add up.  Doesn't prove a thing, but a guy unique as obama isn't easily forgotten.

The same thing happened with the Harvard Law Review. 

240 - I was on law review and EVERYONE has to usually publish an article to get there.  Oddly enough, he never published a damn thing and the other editors said he was NEVER there. 

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 05:45:46 AM »
yea i read that article too and quotes from many people that were at harvard during the time he was supposedly there

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 05:47:09 AM »
yea i read that article too and quotes from many people that were at harvard during the time he was supposedly there

Also - as an alleged constitutional law profressor, you usually have to publish works and academic articles.  What did Obama ever publish? 

Answer?

NOTHING. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 05:48:27 AM »
"The same thing happened with the Harvard Law Review.  
240 - I was on law review and EVERYONE has to usually publish an article to get there.  Oddly enough, he never published a damn thing and the other editors said he was NEVER there.  "

That's seriously interesting.  Imagine going to two major universities and being a star, and not leaving a footprint.

The response, from a debate standpoint, would be:
"Oh, so now the state of hawaii and both universities are in on this conspiracy"?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 05:52:03 AM »
"The same thing happened with the Harvard Law Review.  
240 - I was on law review and EVERYONE has to usually publish an article to get there.  Oddly enough, he never published a damn thing and the other editors said he was NEVER there.  "

That's seriously interesting.  Imagine going to two major universities and being a star, and not leaving a footprint.

The response, from a debate standpoint, would be:
"Oh, so now the state of hawaii and both universities are in on this conspiracy"?

No, its just that his entire resume is a falsified farce and the perfect example of puffery if one ever existed. 

People like yourself bought into the hype and sham and only now are beginning to realize you were duped. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 05:54:09 AM »
For the 198th time, I voted for Barr :)

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2009, 05:57:03 AM »
well its proven that the dem party will buy anybody they can, i am sure senators in ha. would conseal his records for some money, hell look at 13 states in the country, they accepted bribes. and i am sure a dean of a university is a cheap bribe!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2009, 05:58:57 AM »
most interesting part of the story is that FOX news interviewed 400 columbia grads for this story. 

They are quietly getting behind the birther movement ;)

Also interesting are the EXACT same tactics used to pre-emptively smear the CT in its infancy.  I haven't seen this since, oh, 2002...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2009, 06:02:59 AM »
most interesting part of the story is that FOX news interviewed 400 columbia grads for this story. 

They are quietly getting behind the birther movement ;)

Also interesting are the EXACT same tactics used to pre-emptively smear the CT in its infancy.  I haven't seen this since, oh, 2002...

Im not trying to advance the birther issue, but there are other issues that simply dont match up with common sense.  For example - who paiud for Obama's tuition for 7 years? 

Additionally, Obama was sold as some brilliant academic, when he is not, never was, and never will be. 

They had to sell the lie to push forward someone with no record whatsoever.   

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2009, 06:04:35 AM »
if indeed these things are true, how is it a smear campaign rather than just good journalism and reporting of factual evidence, so far there is nothing to show that they are not true, obama is spending millions to hide every single thing he can. when in history has a president spent millions to hide his public records , school records so on and so forth?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2009, 06:08:43 AM »
i saw the same people, tactics, labels employed the moment this birther CT arrived.  I'm talking a 3 week campaign on all the media outlets.  We all saw it.  They presented the CT as loony and mocked those who believed. 

We saw this exact tactic before ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 06:12:09 AM »
i saw the same people, tactics, labels employed the moment this birther CT arrived.  I'm talking a 3 week campaign on all the media outlets.  We all saw it.  They presented the CT as loony and mocked those who believed. 

We saw this exact tactic before ;)

240 - can you please explain this to me? 
________________________ ______________

Obama's records that are not released.

1. Occidental College records -- Not released
2. Columbia College records -- Not released
3. Columbia Thesis paper -- 'not available'
4. Harvard College records -- Not released
5. Selective Service Registration -- Not released
6. Medical records -- Not released
7. Illinois State Senate schedule -- 'not available'
8. Law practice client list -- Not released
9. Certified Copy of original Birth certificate - - Not released
10. Embossed, signed paper Certification of Live Birth -- Not released
11. Harvard Law Review articles published -- None
12. University of Chicago scholarly articles -- None
13. Your Record of baptism-- Not released or 'not available'
14. Your Illinois State Senate records--'not available'

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2009, 06:14:34 AM »
and why spend endlessly to keep them hidden?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2009, 06:21:20 AM »
So we see articles saying he was quiet and unknown at columbia, then blossomed at harvard.

33, your response?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2009, 07:01:07 AM »
1.  I will post the article that exposes the farce that Mons posted. 

2.  Read below.  I was on Law Review myself and know exactly how it works.  The fact is that EVERYONE ON LAW REVIEW HAS TO PUBLISH - PERIOD.

Monday, June 23, 2008

Why didn't Obama publish anything in the law journal he edited?

"Obama kept Law Review balanced," according to the title of an article by Jeffrey Ressner and Ben Smith on the Politico website. By that, they mean that during his one-year term as president of the Harvard Law Review, Barack Obama gave final approval to the publication of articles by law professors, and shorter "notes" by student authors, that reflected a wide range of differing viewpoints.

That is tantamount to saying that he did his job acceptably well. It's mildly interesting, but not nearly as interesting as an Obama mystery that Ressner and Smith mention — and then leave completely unresolved!

[NOTE: Many weeks after I wrote this post, Smith and Ressner have published a new article entitled Exclusive: Obama's lost law review article, reporting that Obama actually did write an unsigned "case comment" for the HLR in which he analyzed an Illinois Supreme Court case which held that a fetus has no tort rights to sue its mother for money damages for injuries sustained due to the mother's alleged negligence. More details here. — Beldar, Fri Aug 22, 2008 @ 8:30pm.]

Every law review attempts to foster its own credibility by developing and maintaining a reputation for objectivity and open-mindedness. Even though the teaching faculties at law schools like Harvard, Yale, Stanford, and Columbia are overwhelmingly liberal in their own political persuasions, and even though they tend to espouse legal philosophies that reflect their politics, their respective schools' law journals, which are actually student-edited and -run, continue to publish articles written from other and contrary points of view — and to do so with at least enough regularity as to encourage such writers to continue submit their work for review and possible publication.

In my own days as a member and then an editor of the Texas Law Review (1978-1980), I was among the few political conservatives on the staff or editorial board. Some of the fiercest, sharpest, and most principled political arguments I've ever participated in took place there. But making persuasive arguments was what counted among this crew, both when we editors were informally arguing among ourselves over whether Jimmy Carter ought to use military force to free the U.S. Embassy captives in Tehran and when we were formally discussing whether to publish a particular professor's manuscript.

As for Ressner's and Smith's other reporting: That Obama was polite; that he chatted up the law professors he worked with; that he made them feel like he was improving their writing with his editing; and that he was on the lookout for rising young talents: These are all job requirements for any law review editor, at any law review, in any given year. Perhaps Ressner and Smith think that what's merely competent is actually quite exceptional. They certainly go on to show that they're clueless about the role of law reviews in legal scholarship generally:

In Obama's time, as it is today, the Harvard Law Review was one of the most important and distinguished legal publications in the world. Founded in 1887, it is the rare self-supporting legal publication compiled and edited completely by students, typically those attending their second or third year at the prestigious school.

No, guys, that's not rare. It's universal. That's the way it is at law schools all around the United States, and that's the way it's been at least since the early 20th Century. Having its most prestigious and important professional journals controlled and edited by students is something nearly unique to the legal profession. (My blogospheric friend Prof. Stephen Bainbridge is among more than a few law professors who've publicly suggested that this system is not just irritating, but nuts. And he may be right, but it nevertheless still is the current system.)

There is at least one respect, however, in which what Barack Obama participated in at Harvard must have been very different from what I and others had experienced at Texas some years earlier. Ressner and Smith report that Obama "beat out 18 other contenders" to become president of the Harvard Law Review. Those would have been classmates of his, all of them about to enter their third and final years of law school. And that's a remarkably large number of competitors for the top slot — more people, in fact, than we had on our entire editorial board at Texas (even though Harvard and Texas are similarly sized and comparatively very large law schools).

What Ressner and Smith describe at Harvard — and I've read other, similar descriptions of the HLR and of Obama's election as its first black president — make me believe its editorial board selection was remarkably, overtly political as compared to most other law journals. How could it be otherwise, when it apparently depended on a vote among all of one's direct (same-year) peers and competitors who together made up the journal's membership?

At Texas, by contrast, second year students applied in writing to the outgoing editorial board (which was composed of graduating third-year students) for whatever board slot or slots they sought. The outgoing board then made its selections with, as in all other things, the editor-in-chief (the job title used by most law reviews instead of "president") having the final say. At least in my year, there was remarkably little that was contentious in the process. The outgoing book review editor, for example, correctly perceived in me a kindred spirit who would be well suited to matching up newly publish legal books with prominent faculty authors around the country, and suggested I apply to fill his slot. (We actively solicited book reviewers, in contrast to articles, which generally were submitted to us, unsolicited, by law professors.) Several other of my classmates who were particularly good at mentoring were likewise nudged toward applying for positions as "note editors" who'd be working with the following class' new members. Our managing editor, in turn, was encouraged to apply for that slot by the outgoing board based on her drill-sergeant effectiveness.

There was an ample basis for the outgoing editors to make these evaluations: Besides the applications, the second-year students had been doing "scut work" at the direction of the editors — including huge amounts of "cite-checking" (source verification) and galleys proof-reading — throughout the previous year. Most importantly of all, however, second-year members were required, upon penalty of being kicked off the Review, to produce, on deadline, a publishable quality "student note." At Texas and most other top 20 law journals, such student notes tend to be not much different, either in scope or length or even quality, from the articles submitted by aspiring young law professors hoping to publish to promote their tenure prospects. We'd moved away from the earlier practice of having students write shorter, more limited "case-notes" that typically focused on a single new judicial decision, and instead encouraged more ambitious writing that would genuinely add something creative and new to the legal literature.

It was quite typical at Texas (and, I think, at most other major law reviews) that each new editor-in-chief, in fact, would be the student who, as a second-year member, had produced and published the very best student note. In the class ahead of me, my own class, and the class behind me at Texas, there was a wide-spread consensus on whose notes were the best. It is inconceivable to me that any of the three of them would have been selected to be editor-in-chief if they hadn't written a publishable note at all. And indeed, the quality of their respective notes became the source of the each new editor-in-chief's credibility as first among equals, final decision-maker, and the only editor permitted to use a blue pencil for his copy-editing (which no other editor would dare erase or alter without close consultation).

In fact, there were three ways to become a member of the Texas Law Review in the first place: Those who'd been in the top five percent of their first-year class were automatically offered membership at the beginning of their second year. (Some who "graded on" this way nevertheless declined membership, typically because they weren't willing to commit to writing a publishable-quality note or to run the risk of failing to produce one on time.) A roughly equal number of other slots went to the winners of a grueling research-and-writing competition for second-year students. And rarely but occasionally, a student would earn an invitation by writing and submitting, all on his own, a publishable-quality student note.

Occasionally someone would write a publishable quality note that didn't actually get published. Someone might spend six months, for example, researching and writing on a topic that seemed very timely and appropriate when the student had first proposed it at the beginning of his second year, when he or she was a brand new member; but then an unexpected court ruling or new statute might suddenly moot the topic, or change the field so dramatically that what had been written by the student no longer was particularly valuable. Indeed, to try to avoid just this sort of calamity, the topic approval process was itself very detailed, and it included a "preemption check" by other students to try to determine whether there were any such pending cases or statutes lurking in the works that needed to be considered.

Otherwise, though, at Texas and, I believe, most other major law reviews, the rule for members was (and I think still is): "Publish or perish, up or out." If you didn't produce a publishable-quality note on deadline, your name was stricken from the membership list on the masthead, you had no opportunity to become an editor, and — worst of all — you became ethically obliged to call back all those employers who'd extended you job offers in part based on a résumé credential that you were no longer entitled to claim.

No one wanted to make those telephone calls.

(My own student note is abstracted here, by the way; and yes, it, along with my grades and sparkling personality, was a key in my becoming the book review editor on the 1979-1980 TLR editorial board, getting my judicial clerkship with Judge Carolyn King of the Fifth Circuit, and then getting a job at Houston's Baker Botts.)

With which background, perhaps you can better appreciate the most peculiar thing in Ressner's and Smith's article on Obama (boldface mine):

One thing Obama did not do while with the review was publish any of his own work. Campaign spokesman Ben LaBolt said Obama didn't write any articles for the Review, though his two semesters at the helm did produce a wide range of edited case analyses and unsigned "notes" from Harvard students.

How remarkable is this for Harvard? I have no first-hand information, obviously. But among the legal celebrities whom Ressner and Smith quote in their article is Susan Estrich, who they describe as "the USC School of Law professor who served as Michael Dukakis' campaign manager in 1988 — and who broke ground as the first female president of the Harvard Law Review 14 years before Obama took the reins" (emphasis mine, brackets by Ressner and Smith):

Estrich believes that Obama must have had something published that year, even if his campaign says otherwise. "They probably don't want [to] have you [reporters] going back" to examine the Review.

Oh, pish-posh. If Obama had actually authored one of the unsigned student notes that was published, he surely would admit to it — it's another objective credential, and he and his campaign certainly brag about his supposed constitutional law expertise at the drop of a hat. Given that he never published anything while an instructor at the University of Chicago Law School later, it would be his only written evidence (besides his magna cum laude degree) of genuine academic excellence in the law. Thus, Estrich's comment leads me to believe that the Harvard Law Review, too, had a "Publish or Perish" requirement — but it's one that Obama didn't meet for reasons that are entirely unclear, and that he's now "scrupulously managing his biography" to obscure.

My bologna detector tells me there's more to the story here. So which of his former co-members or -editors will be the first to squeal on him? Or is there the Rule of Omertà among them?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2009, 07:02:47 AM »
So the guy came into his own at Harvard. Not shocking.

I'm curious as to what 333 is implying. Is he saying that Obama's Columbia degree was conjured out of thin air? Who gives a shit either way. Undergrad = insignificant.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2009, 07:12:06 AM »
So the guy came into his own at Harvard. Not shocking.

I'm curious as to what 333 is implying. Is he saying that Obama's Columbia degree was conjured out of thin air? Who gives a shit either way. Undergrad = insignificant.

What i'm saying is that his so called " editorship" of HLR was a sham, like everything else.  I was on law review and know many others who were, EVERYONE HAS TO PUBLISH AN ACADEMIC WORK. 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2009, 07:14:22 AM »

I don't know if you're factually correct 240.

He's mentioned even on the College alumni website.

http://www.college.columbia.edu/cct/jan_feb09/alumni_corner

And this College magazine is from back in JANUARY 2005 - before he started his campaign. But perhaps he's a "Manchurian Candidate" ::)

http://www.college.columbia.edu/cct_archive/jan05/cover.php
As empty as paradise

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2009, 07:14:37 AM »
Obama even paid off the bookstore attendant.  incredible.  Does his treachery know no bounds?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2009, 07:16:09 AM »
"And this College magazine is from back in JANUARY 2005 - before he started his campaign. "

The person who gives the intro speech at the political conventions is usually considered the front-runner (or one of the top 2) for the next presidential election.  Rudy gave the one for the repubs that year.

i'm not quite on the birther bandwagon, but I do think he was running in 04.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2009, 07:17:48 AM »
Obama even paid off the bookstore attendant.  incredible.  Does his treachery know no bounds?

No one is saying he didnt go there, its just odd that no one ever rememkbers him there, not the professors, not the students, no one. 

Hugo's clip is probably true.