Author Topic: why is evan centaponi so scared to compete?  (Read 9017 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: why is evan centaponi so scared to compete?
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2009, 03:46:41 PM »
He has nothing to prove.      Scared of what?   He won his first pro show. 
Given his first pro win. DJ And Ruhl looked better. For most, the guess is that if Wolf, Phil, Dex, Green, chances are he would have picked another show. Or that he sits out the Mr. O, usually if someone qaulifies for the Mr . O and sits out the rest of the season, they preparing for the Mr O, to bring the package.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2009, 06:08:38 PM »
Given his first pro win. DJ And Ruhl looked better. For most, the guess is that if Wolf, Phil, Dex, Green, chances are he would have picked another show. Or that he sits out the Mr. O, usually if someone qaulifies for the Mr . O and sits out the rest of the season, they preparing for the Mr O, to bring the package.
X2

mogulgangi

• Getbig IV
  • fitness celebrity
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2009, 06:53:22 PM »
im starting to realize that evan isnt really "athlete" per se, and i dont really mean dispespect towards that statement...

i can recall reading that all he did during high school was be chubby and just work out. add a good person and potentially very mellow..you just never really can ignite the adrenaline/competitve hormones in the body...

hes never had to compete during his middle school years and high school years to be a better athlete/more popular/or get more chicks/try to win a scholy......

i can conclude this to what BLOCK has been saying

i dont mean any disprectec, i just dont know if he knows how to be hungry...if i had won the ny pro...i would want nuttin else but to be in the arnold classic...

who knows..maybe he fucks up this year..and now hes comin into the arnold next year a loser.....

u gotta run with this momentum....

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2009, 07:02:02 PM »
evan,

if you are reading this i want to say that you will NEVER be as cool/awe inspiring as your uncle

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2009, 07:18:35 PM »
Evan isn't starting his pro career much different than Phil Heath, who was very careful not to enter the big shows too soon.  Now that he's won the NY Pro though, the next show to step up to is the Arnold.  I was hoping to see a few of these young guys in the Arnold line-up.  Someone should remind them that many pros looked their best early in their career (Levrone, Wheeler, Cutler, etc), so don't waste this time sitting out. 

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2009, 07:28:27 PM »
Evan isn't starting his pro career much different than Phil Heath, who was very careful not to enter the big shows too soon.  Now that he's won the NY Pro though, the next show to step up to is the Arnold.  I was hoping to see a few of these young guys in the Arnold line-up.  Someone should remind them that many pros looked their best early in their career (Levrone, Wheeler, Cutler, etc), so don't waste this time sitting out. 
Phil did the Colorado pro that had Darrem Charles, a very good DJ, David Henry,among others, which was promoted by Shawn Ray and the NY Pro, which had the same competitor. Back in 2006 the NY Pro was decent, not like today, which is shitty. The Colorado and the NY Pro back then, were one of the bigger, smaller shows. They had high profile names in them. Phil  won them both, plus Phil has a higher caliber physique.
Plus Phil jumped right in after winning his pro card. There are no similarities in terms of careers

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2009, 07:50:36 PM »
Phil did the Colorado pro that had Darrem Charles, a very good DJ, David Henry,among others, which was promoted by Shawn Ray and the NY Pro, which had the same competitor. Back in 2006 the NY Pro was decent, not like today, which is shitty. The Colorado and the NY Pro back then, were one of the bigger, smaller shows. They had high profile names in them. Phil  won them both, plus Phil has a higher caliber physique.
Plus Phil jumped right in after winning his pro card. There are no similarities in terms of careers

Phil beat scrubs in 06 at the Colorado & NY Pro.  He picked those shows because he knew he could win them.  The next year, he entered the AC and placed 5th.  I'm not saying that Evan is as good as Phil, just pointing out that there are many guys being very selective about starting their pro career, and in the case of Brandon Curry, still hasn't started.  

Gino30

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2009, 08:03:35 PM »
who cares

Dude's already got a fat pregnant look.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2009, 09:20:57 PM »
Phil beat scrubs in 06 at the Colorado & NY Pro.  He picked those shows because he knew he could win them.  The next year, he entered the AC and placed 5th.  I'm not saying that Evan is as good as Phil, just pointing out that there are many guys being very selective about starting their pro career, and in the case of Brandon Curry, still hasn't started.  
I wouldn't call a then great Darrem Charles, DJ, and David Henry "scrubs"...when I made my post I was looking at the Flex mag I had of the contest, and they looked in prime shape. In fact, the wins for both shows could have gone either way to Phil or Darrem, just like when Vic won the GNC over Darrem, it could have gone either way.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2009, 09:27:17 PM »
What a retarded thread. Evan has shown that his strategy is working. Won his first pro show. How many pros ever win a show? Maybe it's better to compete a lot and never win.  ???

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2009, 09:37:34 PM »
What a retarded thread. Evan has shown that his strategy is working. Won his first pro show. How many pros ever win a show? Maybe it's better to compete a lot and never win.  ???
I understand a win is a win, but he was given that show. Who knows what back door dealings were done with Universal and Steve W.  DJ and Ruhl looked way better. Even though Shawn Ray only won two shows  I believe, he competed in a ton of Mr. Olympia's, yet he is one of the all time greats. Vince Taylor competed in a ton of shows and won them as well, and he has the record for most wins, and is all time great. I don't see Evan of the future being a all time great, based upon what he is doing or the physique. To shy away from Wolf, Greene, Heath, Martinez, Cutler, Jackson,etc...to me makes it seem like he is scared, to be successful you can't be scared. You take the bull by the horns, you don't after the calf or the cow and say you killed a bull.
I wouldn't say his strategy works, If he implements the strategy and there is a pattern, then we can say it works. 

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2009, 09:50:04 PM »
I understand a win is a win, but he was given that show. Who knows what back door dealings were done with Universal and Steve W.  DJ and Ruhl looked way better. Even though Shawn Ray only won two shows  I believe, he competed in a ton of Mr. Olympia's, yet he is one of the all time greats. Vince Taylor competed in a ton of shows and won them as well, and he has the record for most wins, and is all time great. I don't see Evan of the future being a all time great, based upon what he is doing or the physique. To shy away from Wolf, Greene, Heath, Martinez, Cutler, Jackson,etc...to me makes it seem like he is scared, to be successful you can't be scared. You take the bull by the horns, you don't after the calf or the cow and say you killed a bull.
I wouldn't say his strategy works, If he implements the strategy and there is a pattern, then we can say it works. 

So far it's working.

If he isn't very good right now, like you say, then maybe taking his time is in his best interest. Especially if he doesn't want to be just an also-ran. Being in prep mode doesn't allow anyone to make big changes. Or maybe some can but most would agree that competing a lot will make the body rebel much quicker. Why do you think Ronnie only did the O most years? Same with Yates. Because of fear? Or because the O title was more important than just doing lots of shows.

Would Shawn Ray trade all those Olympia showings for just one Sandow? What do you think?

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2009, 10:04:28 PM »
So far it's working.

If he isn't very good right now, like you say, then maybe taking his time is in his best interest. Especially if he doesn't want to be just an also-ran. Being in prep mode doesn't allow anyone to make big changes. Or maybe some can but most would agree that competing a lot will make the body rebel much quicker. Why do you think Ronnie only did the O most years? Same with Yates. Because of fear? Or because the O title was more important than just doing lots of shows.

Would Shawn Ray trade all those Olympia showings for just one Sandow? What do you think?
The O title was more important, but then you are dealing with diff caliber of competitor. Ronnie use to chug along do a lot of contests. Beating Flex here and there. And we saw what happened whe Ronnie did the GNC so close to the Mr. O.
SHawn Ray would of course trade on those for one Sandow, but that was the reason why he conpeted, to win. And he firmly believed he could win, and in most people's view he did win 1994. To me, he does have the heart of a champion, he was willing to grind it out against the big boys, whereas Evan seems scared...
When I got two MD mags that detailed Evan's arm workout, I was thinking, okay, he's going be another great one, in the mode that they were pushing Mutant (forgot dude's name- short black guy with the huge legs, he had to retire due to health reasons). Now, I think Evan is hype, and even Frank McGrath is hype, but he seems to be more "nose to the grindstone", and marketable. 
Evan to comes in along line of hyped guys, Chris Combs (?), Federov, Wolf (to some degree), Aaron Maddron, Eric Fromm, Van Amsterdam, Omar Deckard, that big black dude with the wide waist and huge legs, and others.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2009, 10:23:39 PM »
Evan should go for the arnold in 2011... big deal if that means he has had 19-20 months between shows.... yates had from oct 1988 to may 1990 off and he improved greatly.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2009, 11:28:34 PM »
Evan should go for the arnold in 2011... big deal if that means he has had 19-20 months between shows.... yates had from oct 1988 to may 1990 off and he improved greatly.
Apple's and oranges, Dorian trained his ass off and was a future Mr O winner, Evan guestposes does more guestposings than competitions....and he ain't a future Mr. O winner (unless nobody shows up) especially if he continues this path.

MadCroc29

• Getbig II
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2009, 11:30:19 PM »
so you dont think he will improve?

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2009, 11:52:52 PM »
Apple's and oranges, Dorian trained his ass off and was a future Mr O winner, Evan guestposes does more guestposings than competitions....and he ain't a future Mr. O winner (unless nobody shows up) especially if he continues this path.
evan doesn't yet have enough muscle to be a top 3 guy so what is the problem with taking the time to built it? he ain't gonna build it competing every 6 months... remember kamali?

Aerian

• Getbig IV
  • "Yumm yumm give me some"
« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2009, 12:10:47 AM »

DJ did not look better then Evan at that show.  Dj looked really "odd" in everything i have seen from him this past year.  Evan looked great and so did Ruhl but in no way did he not deserve the win.  He looked Great.
Wait for it....

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2009, 12:22:28 AM »
DJ did not look better then Evan at that show.  Dj looked really "odd" in everything i have seen from him this past year.  Evan looked great and so did Ruhl but in no way did he not deserve the win.  He looked Great.
2009 NY Pro Show, the pics Evan vs. DJ
Evan
http://www.flexonline.com/09contests/09newyork/men/evan_centopani/index.htm

DJ
http://www.flexonline.com/09contests/09newyork/men/dennis_james/index.htm

I stand corrected, both looked terrible. Which one is the bigger bag of shit? Evan looked odd as fuck, he looked better as amatuer. No wonder he won't compete, structurally flawed and lacks a back...he's all arms. Disappointing for a young gun.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2009, 01:38:07 AM »
evan's back is far from poor... he needs to add to it yes but he has nice shape to it and low lats which is half the battle.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2009, 01:46:49 AM »
Here's the deal: Blechman hates Evan because Evan won't compete and Steve is overpaying him, but since Wolf left MD, Evan is the only "up and coming" whiteboy Goldenboy Steve has left. Evan knows the clock is ticking but figures it's better to stay on the sidelines and collect his paychecks than get blown off the stage and lose his contracts. Smart kid, if you ask me...

...except for texting those dreamy bedtime photos. That's some dumbass Tiger Woods shit right there! 
BigNationRadio.com

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2009, 01:59:38 AM »
evan's back is far from poor... he needs to add to it yes but he has nice shape to it and low lats which is half the battle.

Dude that is a poor ass back, and he should already have a decent back by now...Take a look at Kai, Vic, Phil, David Henry for back...But Evan has a better back than our current Mr. O.

What Special Ed, Blechman not picking up Alvisi?

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2009, 02:01:53 AM »
Evan is afraid that if he competes too often his Uncle Mike Dusa will learn of his whereabouts. 

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2009, 05:26:11 AM »
Capriese Murray's about due for a comeback

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2009, 05:40:09 AM »
Here's the deal: Blechman hates Evan because Evan won't compete and Steve is overpaying him, but since Wolf left MD, Evan is the only "up and coming" whiteboy Goldenboy Steve has left. Evan knows the clock is ticking but figures it's better to stay on the sidelines and collect his paychecks than get blown off the stage and lose his contracts. Smart kid, if you ask me...

...except for texting those dreamy bedtime photos. That's some dumbass Tiger Woods shit right there! 

Exactly right. In this "sport" you are much worse off losing than not competing at all.