Author Topic: Judge Napolitano : Rights Vs Goods!  (Read 4001 times)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
Judge Napolitano : Rights Vs Goods!
« on: December 29, 2009, 10:55:33 AM »
C

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Judge Napolitano : Rights Vs Goods!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 11:08:36 AM »

I saw that clip. 

The leftists cant grasp this in their desire to have everything declared a right.  Right to health care, right to food, right to housing, right to my cash, etc.   

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 12:02:30 PM »
he is spot on, healthcare is not a right, it costs, just like a pair of shoes. and if you want a pair of shoes you get a freakin job and you pay for the shoes, you want healthcare get off your dead asses , go to work and pay for it, instead of waiting on others to pay for it for you. i dont see how a grown male can call himself a man that refuses to work for anything he wants
this is exactly right, you have a RIGHT to work, you do not have a RIGHT to expect others to work to support you....

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 12:02:59 PM »
I do realise that his argument is too simplistic, but how in that rant does he not realise that he's advocating turning needy people away from hospitals?

Yeah, that doesn't go against humanity..
follow the arrows

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 12:07:06 PM »
I do realise that his argument is too simplistic, but how in that rant does he not realise that he's advocating turning needy people away from hospitals?

Yeah, that doesn't go against humanity..

Again - this is so over your head you dont realize it. 

Do you have a right to a house?  A right to food?  A right to a car?

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 12:10:20 PM »
Again - this is so over your head you dont realize it. 

Do you have a right to a house?  A right to food?  A right to a car?

hey shit head, do you realise how many people are unable to afford healthcare even though they work multiple jobs?

I do know I'm not the most informed person on this, but then again I posed a simple question. You're acting like a straight dick.
follow the arrows

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 12:14:09 PM »
hey shit head, do you realise how many people are unable to afford healthcare even though they work multiple jobs?

I do know I'm not the most informed person on this, but then again I posed a simple question. You're acting like a straight dick.

I bust my ass but cant afford a decent house in Westchester County, N.Y..  Should the government take money out of your paycheck so that I can have a house where I want?   

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 12:20:07 PM »
thats why people USED  to migrate to america, because of the chance to EARN wages, now people migrate here knowing they will get handouts, and if they dont their is a victim role they can play and intern get special treatment, or the people that are already here that refuse to work and EARN wages know that they will be taken care of, and they are so used to it now that they think its a god givin right
u're taking a small segment of the population to represent a far larger statistic: are you saying that of all the tens of millions of people currently uninsured are illegals?

I bust my ass but cant afford a decent house in Westchester County, N.Y..  Should the government take money out of your paycheck so that I can have a house where I want?   

I honestly don't see the parallel. Wants and needs.
follow the arrows

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 12:25:44 PM »
u're taking a small segment of the population to represent a far larger statistic: are you saying that of all the tens of millions of people currently uninsured are illegals?

I honestly don't see the parallel. Wants and needs.

Shelter isnt a need?  What about food?  Should that be a right too? 

Should the govt buy me a gun since I have a second amendment right to gun ownership? 

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 12:25:52 PM »
no i am saying that if someone in america who is legal wants it and is realy able to work to get a dam job and pay for it, and that illegals shouldnt be able to  get jobs and be deported cause they drive down the wages which is why americans are working 2 and 3 jobs and still cant afford healthcare
I don't think anybody can disagree with that. Wages need to go up so people can afford healthcare, and the illegal problem is definitely connected to all of this. Then again, who ever talks about the real problems?
follow the arrows

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 12:27:30 PM »
He makes a compelling argument, but like Haider says, ...it's an all too simplistic one.
Take the altruistic humanitarian aspects out of it and simply look at the pragmatic and selfish look at it.

As a Canadian, the concept of people living in a prosperous civilized society and not having healthcare is anethema to me, but aside from that... forget altruism, and look at practicality.

Many of the same people screaming about universal healthcare and the prospect of sharing the costs, have never had a fire in their home, but they are paying for fire departments to put out fires in the homes of their neighbours. Why is that? ...so that when their neighbours house catches fire, ...it doesn't spread to their own.

Universal Healthcare is really no different. I don't want to be catching deadly tuberculosis or other preventable and treatable deadly communicable diseases, because someone didn't have access to healthcare.

The people who scream about not wanting to pay for someone elses healthcare don't seem to fathom that that is EXACTLY what they are doing right now, ...except they are paying through the nose.

It's the same with the police. People share the cost for law enforcement. They pay for police to lock up criminals and put away bad guys. Whether they've needed the police themselves is irrelevant. you pay to have the bad guys locked up, so they'll be off the streets and not breaking into your homes. If one does, the police are there for when you need them. Until you do... they are there for your neighbours. It's no different.

As a concept, I am firmly on the side of universal healthcare. How your country goes about implementing it... well that's another story. Your system as it stands is unsustainable and is a train wreck waiting to happen.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 12:28:42 PM »
I don't think anybody can disagree with that. Wages need to go up so people can afford healthcare, and the illegal problem is definitely connected to all of this. Then again, who ever talks about the real problems?

Wrong 1000%.   Health care is so expensive mostly due to govt intervention in the first place.  

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2009, 12:32:01 PM »
Wrong 1000%.   Health care is so expensive mostly due to govt intervention in the first place.  

I think insurance company greed has a lot more to do with it.  ;)
w

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2009, 12:32:17 PM »
Shelter isnt a need?  What about food?  Should that be a right too? 

Should the govt buy me a gun since I have a second amendment right to gun ownership? 

shelter is a need, not a decent house in Westchester County, N.Y  ;)

I'm just saying there's alwasy going to be a small segment of the population that is going to need help. I don't care about the right/goods debate; denying people hospital visitation seems unusually cruel and inhumane.
follow the arrows

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2009, 12:32:50 PM »
Health care is not a right but money for war is? Not one of you complained about going to war in Iraq, Afghan, And now talk of Yemen for national security.  That is all well and good but what exactly is there to defend if more people are dying in America through lack of insurance than any 'terrorist' threat ever?  

You're all for going to kill OBL (i am too) but that takes priority over citizens of America dying every year in greater numbers than anything he's ever done to us? Really? This is your logic? Lets spend money killing foreigners and let Americans die rather than spend money on Americans to live.  
Abandon every hope...

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2009, 12:36:59 PM »
Health care is not a right but money for war is? Not one of you complained about going to war in Iraq, Afghan, And now talk of Yemen for national security.  That is all well and good but what exactly is there to defend if more people are dying in America through lack of insurance than any 'terrorist' threat ever?  

You're all for going to kill OBL (i am too) but that takes priority over citizens of America dying every year in greater numbers than anything he's ever done to us? Really? This is your logic? Lets spend money killing foreigners and let Americans die rather than spend money on Americans to live. 

It would seem to be 'The American Way'  :-\

The challenge is that when your only tool is a hammer, ...everything starts looking like a nail.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2009, 12:39:17 PM »
He makes a compelling argument, but like Haider says, ...it's an all too simplistic one.
Take the altruistic humanitarian aspects out of it and simply look at the pragmatic and selfish look at it.

As a Canadian, the concept of people living in a prosperous civilized society and not having healthcare is anethema to me, but aside from that... forget altruism, and look at practicality.

Many of the same people screaming about universal healthcare and the prospect of sharing the costs, have never had a fire in their home, but they are paying for fire departments to put out fires in the homes of their neighbours. Why is that? ...so that when their neighbours house catches fire, ...it doesn't spread to their own.

Universal Healthcare is really no different. I don't want to be catching deadly tuberculosis or other preventable and treatable deadly communicable diseases, because someone didn't have access to healthcare.

The people who scream about not wanting to pay for someone elses healthcare don't seem to fathom that that is EXACTLY what they are doing right now, ...except they are paying through the nose.

It's the same with the police. People share the cost for law enforcement. They pay for police to lock up criminals and put away bad guys. Whether they've needed the police themselves is irrelevant. you pay to have the bad guys locked up, so they'll be off the streets and not breaking into your homes. If one does, the police are there for when you need them. Until you do... they are there for your neighbours. It's no different.

As a concept, I am firmly on the side of universal healthcare. How your country goes about implementing it... well that's another story. Your system as it stands is unsustainable and is a train wreck waiting to happen.

Your analogy is dead wrong Jag.  

You dont have a right to the fireman showing up to your house to put out the fire.  If your house goes on fire, and the fireman dont do anything, you cant sue the govt for negligence.  

Our rights descend from the Constitution and natural rights from God.  Our rights is one of negative liberties in that it is what the govt  CANT do to you, not what it has to do on your behalf.  

Only people completely ignorant of our legal system, history, founding documents believe health care is a right.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2009, 12:40:43 PM »

Under the constitution, the govt has the power to raise money for national defense, not health care.  Show me where in the constitution you have an individual right to others paying for your health care. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2009, 12:41:49 PM »
Under the constitution, the govt has the power to raise money for national defense, not health care.  Show me where in the constitution you have an individual right to others paying for your health care. 

Show me where a constitution can not be amended or changed to fit the will of the people?
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2009, 12:46:52 PM »
Show me where a constitution can not be amended or changed to fit the will of the people?

Fine go get 2/3 of both chambers and 75% of the state legislatures if you want a constitutional right to health care. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2009, 12:48:00 PM »
yes i would like to see in the constitution , the declaration of indepenance or the bill of rights here in AMERICA where is proclaims healthcare a right..

Ah but you did not read what i said did you?  I said show me where it can not be amended.  

Besides it could well be said that 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' are heath care related.  If you are sick and can not afford health care you die so there goes life a basic right which could have been extended had you had health care.  You aren't exactly happy are you if you die or are sick and unable to get health care to treat what ails you.  It's all interpretation.  As in the right to bear arms.  I could say well it's my right to have actual bear arms couldn't i? I mean it's an interpretation.
Abandon every hope...

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2009, 12:53:26 PM »
Ah but you did not read what i said did you?  I said show me where it can not be amended.  

Besides it could well be said that 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' are heath care related.  If you are sick and can not afford health care you die so there goes life a basic right which could have been extended had you had health care.  You aren't exactly happy are you if you die or are sick and unable to get health care to treat what ails you.  It's all interpretation.  As in the right to bear arms.  I could say well it's my right to have actual bear arms couldn't i? I mean it's an interpretation.

Oh I think the grizzly might have an issue there, ...and I don't think PETA would be all too happy either.  :P
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2009, 12:55:24 PM »
it says in the bible he who shall not work shall not eat,  same applies if you dont want to work for things why should you get if for free? as much as some of you hate it, AMERICA, the consitution, bill of rights , and the founding fathers all came about around the christian system of beliefs as much as some of you wish it wasnt or dont like it that is how it is.

Oh crap... here we go again.   ::)

I can't stand these johnny come lately's to this board who want to throw in old rehashed over arguments.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2009, 12:59:22 PM »
Oh crap... here we go again.   ::)

I can't stand these johnny come lately's to this board who want to throw in old rehashed over arguments.

The founders set up a system that grants FREEDOM & LIBERTY to the citizens from govt abuse.  The thought was that if the govt can grant you rights, it can also take them away.  

Hence, we have a system specifically devised to control and check the govt from abuse.  

Of course ofver time we have turned that concept on his head drastically, but that is and was the intention.  

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2009, 01:00:16 PM »
well k.c. at some point common sense has to dictate interpritation and it is at that point the people with common sense are seperated from those who dont

How about spell check? Can we separate the people on these boards who use it, from those who don't?
I swear you guys are giving me a headache from trying to figure out some of the mess you write.

<rant>ENGLISH MUTHA**CKER, LEARN IT!!! </rant>
ps: ...and learn to quote while you're at it.  ;)
w