Author Topic: I wonder  (Read 2419 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
I wonder
« on: December 29, 2009, 04:46:09 PM »
I wonder what would have been the percentage of people for full body scans and total information awareness by the government in 1999?  seems to be about 90+ percent now... 

that was easy.... and done with less lives lost in the last 10 years than lives lost in any given year from the fucking flu... wow, just wow....

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Re: I wonder
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 05:05:57 PM »
What types of things do you feel we should implement to make airline travel safer?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 06:24:33 PM »
just basic shit.  Look, any ass can muster up a decent bomb and go into a dense population and kill a bunch of people.  Do I hope they don't? yea.  am I willing to allow the government detailed info right down to the size of my huge nutsack to prevent it?  no...  nobody said living free would be free of danger....  will they misuse all this info?  yup....  If your willing to be scanned naked and give other private details they'll have no problem demanding just about anything they want down the road and I guess you won't have much ground to bitch huh?

Hugo - the issue is whether an additional inconvenience at the airport is worth saving the lives of fellow citizens and perhaps the economy and nation. 

Its not as if we already dont endure a series of invasive things at the airport so I dont see this as being a watershed moment. 

Also Hugo - I find it very odd that you are taking such a strong stand on this yet have been relatively silent on   many other issues that to me are of far more invasive nature, i e  requiring citizens to purcxhase health insurance from private companies.   To me at least, that is far worse than this screening issue. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 06:35:25 PM »
sorry, you're breaking up.  can't hear anything :)

No im not, you cant be selctive about these things. 

I dont understand why civil libertarians on the left have no problem with the govt doing terrible things on the economic side as far as our freedoms go in commerce. 

I refer to the personal mandate in the HCR, EPA mandates, MPG mandates, etc. 

To me, what I see being done on the economic front is far worse than this.  Its not as if we are free at the airport now and this screen thing is something shocking to the concsious. 

I dont like this screening thing, it sucks.  My only reason for maybe supporting it is that the govt is so totally negligent and incompetent that I see this as maybe a last ditch stop gap from my death as a result of some lazy ass govt worker not doing his job. 

I'm sorry, I am not willing to die due to govt negligence incompetence and pc garbage in the name of some esoteric right to privacy that we dont enjoy now as it is.   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 06:47:39 PM »
No im not, you cant be selctive about these things. 
yes I can ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 06:50:42 PM »
yes I can ::)

Fine, then you are being intellectually dishonest. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 06:59:13 PM »
Fine, then you are being intellectually dishonest. 
oh brother ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 07:04:23 PM »
oh brother ::)

No oh brother - stop being a holier than thou bullshit artist. 

Tell me why I should accept all sorts of economic restrictions and abuses by the Federal Govt in the form of taxes, regulation, mandates, fines, etc, yet get all worked up over this?

Either you favor freedom or you dont.  If you want civil freedoms, fine, I am with you, but dont give me this liberal leftist garbage about economic freedoms being no big deal and the govt having a right to mess with my finances in ways far worsae than this screening issue. 

You are FOS is you think this screening issue is no worse than me having a personal mandate to purxhase health insurance and reporting the same on my tax return.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 07:36:48 PM »
Hugo - watch this. 

You cant ignore this side of freedom or liberty. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 07:52:11 PM »
Hugo - watch this. 

You cant ignore this side of freedom or liberty. 

ok but doesnt have shit to do with this thread.  want to make a new point, start a new thread.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 07:57:32 PM »
The point is that the govt is doing far worse to you on the economic front yet many on the left go along with it silently. 

I agree that the screening thing is awful.  However, I rarely if ever see anyone on the left EVEr speak up about the economic liberties were are losing at a far greater rate. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 08:05:24 PM »
Flying isn't a right, it's a privledge.

Airlines could wake up tomorrow and say "full, naked searches, or you don't fly".

they're businesses with their own rules.  if you don't like it, take a greyhound.  I dont understand all the outrage about different search standards.  I wish EVERY airline did was ISR does, profiling, searching, and kicking people off flights if anything is fishy.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2009, 11:19:05 PM »
 ::)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2009, 11:22:34 PM »
Flying isn't a right, it's a privledge.

Airlines could wake up tomorrow and say "full, naked searches, or you don't fly".

they're businesses with their own rules.  if you don't like it, take a greyhound.  I dont understand all the outrage about different search standards.  I wish EVERY airline did was ISR does, profiling, searching, and kicking people off flights if anything is fishy.
As far as I am aware, the government takes care of airport/flight security, so its not like its up to the airlines in the first place.
follow the arrows

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2009, 05:07:35 AM »
As far as I am aware, the government takes care of airport/flight security, so its not like its up to the airlines in the first place.

I still have not seen a decent justification as to why I am my my family should play russian roulette due to govt incompetence.  The way I see this screening thing is to possibly prevent or be a one last stop gap against govt negligence, incompetence, and derelection of duty.   

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 11:50:45 AM »
just basic shit.  Look, any ass can muster up a decent bomb and go into a dense population and kill a bunch of people.  Do I hope they don't? yea.  am I willing to allow the government detailed info right down to the size of my huge nutsack to prevent it?  no...  nobody said living free would be free of danger....  will they misuse all this info?  yup....  If your willing to be scanned naked and give other private details they'll have no problem demanding just about anything they want down the road and I guess you won't have much ground to bitch huh?

You're speaking too much sense about freedom Mr. Hugo. 

Men in all black with ski masks armed with heavily modified weaponry will be smashing through your doors in 3...2..1.   ;D

This shit is all feel good nonsense...let me try to speak some common sense.  Criminals will ALWAYS have a way around the system, this x-ray bullshit is just that, bullshit!  This is just designed to make you FEEL safer.  Nevermind the freedom aspects of this conversation, too many of you are thinking that this will actually help.  Think that way and then tell me if you think this system will really help. 

This shit is just to get you conditioned for outside of an airport etc.  If you don't think this is just an easy test grounds then you are fooling yourselves.