Author Topic: Attn. All Resident Soothsayers: U.S. Still Has World's Top Economy....  (Read 2765 times)

lax

• Getbig IV
The U.S. remains the world's biggest economy, with expected 2010 gross domestic product of $13.2 trillion to China's $3 trillion. The European Union ranks second at $12.9 trillion

The World Economic Forum ranks the United States as the planet's most competitive and innovative economy. China, described as an 'emerging giant', is still 30th.

The U.S. is still the world's largest manufacturer, and we spend more on research and development than any other nation.

Americans needn't be as gloomy as they are about the nation's position. However, to keep it, we need to get our act together. If we don't, we will lose our lead and negative poll respondents will be correct in their dour positions.

Generation nothingness members here can sure learn a thing or two from this.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Attn. All Resident Soothsayers: U.S. Still Has World's Top Economy....
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 05:02:49 AM »
CHINA GDP growing at 7% annually as ours stalls.  Our dollar has lost half its value against euro in last 10 years.

We're still #1, but we better get our asses in gear - another 10 years of this slide and the other nations can catch up.

DeltsaForce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 05:05:43 AM »
We shit on every other nation in the world.

They can shout and scream, call us names, but they are all our bitches.

Bend over for Sam.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 05:18:58 AM »
CHINA GDP growing at 7% annually as ours stalls.  Our dollar has lost half its value against euro in last 10 years.

We're still #1, but we better get our asses in gear - another 10 years of this slide and the other nations can catch up.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 05:22:19 AM »
with all due respect lax but as a member of generation nothingness may i say that i really don't care.

btw, i'm not trying to say that to be crude or a asshole...fact of the matter is that i have a big tv, video games and designer jean...and i'm about to have sex with a tight 19 year old (female) this weekend

that is all that matters

plus, didn't Keanes or some other WASP economist say that the economy has a way of adjusting it self anyway.  the american economy is like Wolverine; it always seems to recuperate itself no matter how much damage is made

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 05:24:59 AM »
with all due respect lax but as a member of generation nothingness may i say that i really don't care.

btw, i'm not trying to say that to be crude or a asshole...fact of the matter is that i have a big tv, video games and designer jean...and i'm about to have sex with a tight 19 year old (female) this weekend

that is all that matters

plus, didn't Keanes or some other WASP economist say that the economy has a way of adjusting it self anyway.  the american economy is like Wolverine; it always seems to recuperate itself no matter how much damage is made

well
even tho you don't care
at least you understand

body88

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 06:28:41 AM »
CHINA GDP growing at 7% annually as ours stalls.  Our dollar has lost half its value against euro in last 10 years.

10 years is an eternity (and your not factoring in setbacks to our competitors).  

Look at the auto industry (I know it's fucked up but there is some growth), Ford's made up huge ground on Toyota over the last few years and will likely surpass them as the number 1 automotive company in the world by 2013. America has smartened up and is starting (trying) to revamp the industries that will be the key to creating more jobs and decreasing our dependence on products from the likes of China and Japan. Ford is proof positive that we can turn this thing around.  If they can do it, in that industry....we can fix the economy.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 06:49:42 AM »
10 years is an eternity (and your not factoring in setbacks to our competitors).  Look at the auto industry (I know it's fucked up but there is some growth), Ford's made up huge ground on Toyota over the last few years and will likely surpass them as the number 1 automotive company in the world by 2013. America has smartened up and is starting (trying) to revamp the industries that will be the key to creating more jobs and decreasing our dependence on products from the likes of China and Japan. Ford is proof positive that we can turn this thing around.  If they can do it, in that industry....we can fix the economy.

they never do that here

body88

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 07:05:43 AM »
they never do that here

Of course, everyone is perfect except for America  ::) The truth is that your average American has it better than 98% of the worlds population and that's why immigrants are still coming in droves.  You can still live the American dream if you work hard and provide a product or service that people want.  Shit, the local joint where I grab a pizza from time to time is prime example of this.  This guy came to the states 20 years ago...he didn't know the language or have much money.  He worked his ass off, learned our culture and built a successful business.  His daughters are college educated and he lives in a nice home right outside Boston.  If he was still in Calabria he'd be poor, living in his town of 200, out in the mountains.  hard work is what it takes and half these critics are lazy pieces of shit with no drive.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 07:24:03 AM »
Of course, everyone is perfect except for America  ::) The truth is that your average American has it better than 98% of the worlds population and that's why immigrants are still coming in droves.  You can still live the American dream if you work hard and provide a product or service that people want.  Shit, the local joint where I grab a pizza from time to time is prime example of this.  This guy came to the states 20 years ago...he didn't know the language or have much money.  He worked his ass off, learned our culture and built a successful business.  His daughters are college educated and he lives in a nice home right outside Boston.  If he was still in Calabria he'd be poor, living in his town of 200, out in the mountains.  hard work is what it takes and half these critics are lazy pieces of shit with no drive.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2009, 10:49:58 AM »
The U.S. remains the world's biggest economy, with expected 2010 gross domestic product of $13.2 trillion to China's $3 trillion. The European Union ranks second at $12.9 trillion

The World Economic Forum ranks the United States as the planet's most competitive and innovative economy. China, described as an 'emerging giant', is still 30th.

The U.S. is still the world's largest manufacturer, and we spend more on research and development than any other nation.

Americans needn't be as gloomy as they are about the nation's position. However, to keep it, we need to get our act together. If we don't, we will lose our lead and negative poll respondents will be correct in their dour positions.

Generation nothingness members here can sure learn a thing or two from this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2009, 01:54:26 PM »
buy silver

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
A

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2009, 02:03:21 AM »
Hi Bunker Hunt!  ;D

right idea, wrong time

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2009, 02:17:35 AM »
I find that a lot of Canadians are critical of the USA when Canada would be invaded for its resources immediately if not for US support.  I also find a lot of Americans are critical of the USA.  ???  Go live in some shithole third world country for a while and then tell me how bad the USA is!
Bodybuilding Pro.com

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2009, 02:28:14 AM »
I find that a lot of Canadians are critical of the USA when Canada would be invaded for its resources immediately if not for US support.  I also find a lot of Americans are critical of the USA.  ???  Go live in some shithole third world country for a while and then tell me how bad the USA is!

You're a better American than most and seem to know a lot aboot what's going on in the world, eh?

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2009, 03:44:47 AM »
If chinese release their dollar, dollar will fall and major catastrophy will come to america and world.

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2009, 03:49:44 AM »
USA economy is like a patient in terminal phase, live only with dollar perfusion.
asstropin

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2009, 03:51:13 AM »
USA economy is like a patient in terminal phase, live only with dollar perfusion.
And chinese has the 20% of that. Its a question of time.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2009, 04:49:52 AM »

I try to understand this
I feel it is those who are unhappy/not successful

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2009, 04:51:09 AM »
If chinese release their dollar, dollar will fall and major catastrophy will come to america and world.

you'd best just concentrate on hardening up that baby-soft body of yours
chief

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2009, 04:53:03 AM »
I try to understand this
I feel it is those who are unhappy/not successful
Um, Moose. He just said 'critical.' Now, critical can either be negative or positive - you know that, right?   ;)

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2009, 04:53:11 AM »

Why didn't you write this in German...?

Oh..

bc we hadda bury thousands of our servicemen in France

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2009, 04:55:20 AM »
Um, Moose. He just said 'critical.' Now, critical can either be negative or positive - you know that, right?   ;)

sadly, and this apparently includes you
most here fail to recall my original post and point.

It all comes back to our current leadership status
it could erode
of course
but the US is like Johnnynoname said
we have super healing powers

its okay
everyone always envies those who lead

I was a leader in my industry at one time
no longer

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2009, 04:58:09 AM »
sadly, and this apparently includes you
most here fail to recall my original post and point.

It all comes back to our current leadership status
it could erode
of course
but the US is like Johnnynoname said
we have super healing powers

its okay
everyone always envies those who lead

I was a leader in my industry at one time
no longer
LOL. That's some good rambling. USA! USA! USA!