Author Topic: 8 Americans killed in Afghanistan by Suicide Bomber at Forward Operating Base  (Read 2222 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
US Citizens Killed In Afghanistan [8 US Civilians Killed!]
BBCNews ^ | December 30, 2009

Posted on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 2:42:55 PM by Steelfish

US Citizens Killed In Afghanistan

Eight Americans have been killed in a suicide bomb attack in south-eastern Afghanistan, US officials say.

The suicide bomber was wearing an explosive vest as he carried out the attack at a forward operating base in Khost province, CNN reported.

Details about the attack are still emerging and it was not clear how many people had been injured.

One unnamed US official was quoted by Reuters news agency as saying that all of those killed were civilians.

(Excerpt) Read more at news.bbc.co.uk ...

________________________ ________________________ ____

GAREBARE & HH6  - STAY SAFE GUYS!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
US Citizens Killed In Afghanistan [8 US Civilians Killed!]
BBCNews ^ | December 30, 2009

Posted on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 2:42:55 PM by Steelfish

US Citizens Killed In Afghanistan

Eight Americans have been killed in a suicide bomb attack in south-eastern Afghanistan, US officials say.

The suicide bomber was wearing an explosive vest as he carried out the attack at a forward operating base in Khost province, CNN reported.

Details about the attack are still emerging and it was not clear how many people had been injured.

One unnamed US official was quoted by Reuters news agency as saying that all of those killed were civilians.

(Excerpt) Read more at news.bbc.co.uk ...

________________________ ________________________ ____

GAREBARE & HH6  - STAY SAFE GUYS!

Phew! Garebear was last logged on exactly 1 hour and 15 mins ago. {sigh} What a relief!
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Phew! Garebear was last logged on exactly 1 hour and 15 mins ago. {sigh} What a relief!

Huffpost said 3 of the dead were canadian soildiers

Dont know if its true or not. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Our stuff said it was all CIA folks...either way major issue allowing this guy through. I don't know who runs security on that FOB or whether we own it or we're tenets and the ANA provide security.
L

24KT

• Getbig V
 >:(  Will you please speak English? I'm no jarhead. Trying to figure out your acronyms makes my brain hurt.  :P

I know what CIA, FBI, NATO, JAG (which took me forever to realize you weren't talking about me) are, but what is FOB & ANA?
w

Skip8282

• Getbig V
>:(  Will you please speak English? I'm no jarhead. Trying to figure out your acronyms makes my brain hurt.  :P

I know what CIA, FBI, NATO, JAG (which took me forever to realize you weren't talking about me) are, but what is FOB & ANA?

FOB = Forward Operating Base
ANA = Afghan National Army
JB160IQS = Jag's Bullshit 160 Intelligence Quotient Score

24KT

• Getbig V

FOB = Forward Operating Base
ANA = Afghan National Army

thanks  :)

JB160IQS = Jag's Bullshit 160 Intelligence Quotient Score

LOL  ;D
w

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
My orders when I left the States said that I was supposed to go to Khost, the place of that bombing.

When I got to Kabul, they stopped the first 50 IRR (Individual Ready Reserves - people called back to the Army after being out a while) and told us we had new orders to stay in Kabul. Kabul is no cakewalk, and people do die here all the time, but I like my chances a lot better here.

Things could have turned out a lot different.

JAG can also stand for Judge Advocate General, which is the legal Corps of the military - as in, "You're wife wants to divorce you while you're deployed? Better go talk to JAG."
G

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
5 Canadians died in Kandahar

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2009/12/31/afghanistan-deaths.html

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them."

24KT

• Getbig V
Huffpost said 3 of the dead were canadian soildiers

Dont know if its true or not. 

Yes it's true. We lost 5 Canadians. It was our largest death toll in a single day in Afghanistan in over 2.5 years.
One of the dead was a recently engaged reporter from the Calgary Herald. She was in Afghanistan since Dec 11th on a 6 week assignment covering the work our soldiers are doing over there.

w

Skip8282

• Getbig V
My orders when I left the States said that I was supposed to go to Khost, the place of that bombing.

When I got to Kabul, they stopped the first 50 IRR (Individual Ready Reserves - people called back to the Army after being out a while) and told us we had new orders to stay in Kabul. Kabul is no cakewalk, and people do die here all the time, but I like my chances a lot better here.

Things could have turned out a lot different.

JAG can also stand for Judge Advocate General, which is the legal Corps of the military - as in, "You're wife wants to divorce you while you're deployed? Better go talk to JAG."

How much longer do you have left to go?

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.

How much longer do you have left to go?
I'm supposed to leave around March 15. That should be about 75 days.

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
G

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Shoot Straight & Stay Safe bro

Skip8282

• Getbig V

Happy New Year, Gare.  Stay safe.