Author Topic: Ronnie Coleman 1999 photoshoot - simply amazing  (Read 26554 times)

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
Re: Ronnie Coleman 1999 photoshoot - simply amazing
« Reply #100 on: January 03, 2010, 01:09:30 AM »
Hulkster just called in sick to work retired

fixed..

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #101 on: January 03, 2010, 04:05:33 AM »

What was this comparison supposed to prove?

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #102 on: January 03, 2010, 06:36:11 AM »
Ronnie = freak

Dorian = too much x-factor for anyone.....

close, but prize goes to Dorian

Come on, how can you give the nod to Dorian over Ronnie? Ronnie was amazing, and had the genetics too. Dorians arms sucked.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #103 on: January 03, 2010, 07:04:20 AM »
so did his quads.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #104 on: January 03, 2010, 07:05:33 AM »

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2010, 07:08:54 AM »
compared to Ronnie's quads they sucked..but ronnie's quads are among the greatest ever. the lack of cuts from the front kills dorian's quads when you compare them to ronnie's.

btw, the really is no comparison to this vid compared to the famous 93 shots, its like night and day:

ronnie is lightyears ahead.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2010, 07:09:21 AM »
  No, they are not sharpened and Ronnie looks awesome. However, he does enjoy better lightning in these shots than Dorian had for most of his.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

The more you increase the contrast the more cuts and separation are visible yes. If you turn the contrast right up it starts to look black and white.

So really we have to bear in mind all classic Dorian pics at his best are black and white, where cuts and separation are exaggerated the most.

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #107 on: January 03, 2010, 10:03:44 AM »
compared to Ronnie's quads they sucked..but ronnie's quads are among the greatest ever. the lack of cuts from the front kills dorian's quads when you compare them to ronnie's.

btw, the really is no comparison to this vid compared to the famous 93 shots, its like night and day:

ronnie is lightyears ahead.

No Hulkster, only in your delusional, blind and ignorant world is Ronnie "light years" ahead or is it "not even close."  It's one thing to prefer Ronnie--he arguably is the GOAT. But strong arguments can also be made about Dorian.  Your stupidity and obsessive bias shows more and more with each of your posts.  You are more obsessed with your dislike for Yates than your admiration of Coleman.....it really isn't healthy. 

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #108 on: January 03, 2010, 10:49:10 AM »
bwahahaha

someone is pissed that there hero doesn't measure up to the standard set by ronnie.

cry me a river. :P
Flower Boy Ran Away

suckmymuscle

« Reply #109 on: January 03, 2010, 11:15:17 AM »
The more you increase the contrast the more cuts and separation are visible yes. If you turn the contrast right up it starts to look black and white.

The 99' Olympia pics have been sharpened, but not the 2001 ASC pics. And yes, increasing contrast increases the visibility of the lines that mark separations and striations.

So really we have to bear in mind all classic Dorian pics at his best are black and white, where cuts and separation are exaggerated the most.

No, black&white photography does not increase the visibility of the lines that mark separations and striations as much as actually artificially sharpeneing a picture by manipulating contrast. And colors allow you to see more of the muscles overral than when they are in black&white, although I agree with you that black&white photography enhances separations more than when the muscles are seen in color.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #110 on: January 03, 2010, 11:31:13 AM »
I suppose the nuthuggers are going to say this vid has been altered and sharpened too? LOL

http://www.truveo.com/Ronnie-Coleman-1999-Mr-Olympia-Part-Two/id/1160132027

::)

the pathetic excuses continue..

Flower Boy Ran Away

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
« Reply #111 on: January 03, 2010, 11:40:46 AM »

The 99' Olympia pics have been sharpened, but not the 2001 ASC pics. And yes, increasing contrast increases the visibility of the lines that mark separations and striations.

No, black&white photography does not increase the visibility of the lines that mark separations and striations as much as actually artificially sharpeneing a picture by manipulating contrast. And colors allow you to see more of the muscles overral than when they are in black&white, although I agree with you that black&white photography enhances separations more than when the muscles are seen in color.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

That's cool you didn't totally shoot me down. So you concede that b/w enhances separation and detail etc, but feel a 5-10% darkened colour photo does the same thing to a greater extent?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #112 on: January 03, 2010, 06:28:56 PM »
No Hulkster, only in your delusional, blind and ignorant world is Ronnie "light years" ahead or is it "not even close."  It's one thing to prefer Ronnie--he arguably is the GOAT. But strong arguments can also be made about Dorian.  Your stupidity and obsessive bias shows more and more with each of your posts.  You are more obsessed with your dislike for Yates than your admiration of Coleman.....it really isn't healthy. 
Agreed. The thing is, Hulkster truely looks at those two vids, and in his mind he really believes there is no comparison. I mean he truely is that delusional.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #113 on: January 03, 2010, 06:38:50 PM »
there is no comparison.. :P

ronnie 99>>> dorian 93

and don't even start with post tear 95. thats even worse.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #114 on: January 03, 2010, 09:03:04 PM »
Hullkster... Sigh...
This is arguably Dorians worst pose.
And it's technically near flawless. Slightly bigger arms and I'd say it's flawless.

;D

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #115 on: January 03, 2010, 09:10:45 PM »
Hulkster, there is NO way Ronnie would blow him out of the water... it would be as close as you can possibly get.

And yeah Hulkster.. your beloved Shawn Ray.. No threat.

Hes turned to the side from Shawn.. and hes still dwarfing him.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2010, 05:26:03 AM »
All Dorians black and white pictures are the best, due to the fact he's in phenomenal shape in more importantly, perhaps, there is a considerable introduction of "noise" in the form of grainyness that is existent throughout the picture.  Hint:  if the background is grainy, that noise is projected onto the physique aswell.  You're looking through a "filter".  Dump noise on vince goodrum and things are going to get more granite-like.

I will now polish a turd to prove the point.  Actually, I will prove you cannot polish a complete turd.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2010, 11:37:05 AM »
All Dorians black and white pictures are the best, due to the fact he's in phenomenal shape in more importantly, perhaps, there is a considerable introduction of "noise" in the form of grainyness that is existent throughout the picture.  Hint:  if the background is grainy, that noise is projected onto the physique aswell.  You're looking through a "filter".  Dump noise on vince goodrum and things are going to get more granite-like.

I will now polish a turd to prove the point.  Actually, I will prove you cannot polish a complete turd.

black and white pics definitely enhance a physique.

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
  • Women fall all over me and Pumpster is FUGLY.
« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2010, 04:54:39 PM »
black and white pics definitely enhance a physique.

Who cares? Any pic of Yates is far more impressive than anything the waterlogged 8 time Mr. Olympia ever produced on camera.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #119 on: January 04, 2010, 05:10:45 PM »
Flower Boy Ran Away

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #120 on: January 04, 2010, 05:20:28 PM »
Who cares?

people with enough brain cells to realize that pics can enhance a physique, which leads me to wonder what you're doing posting in this thread? In all seriousness, you even look like someone who is missing a few chromosomes. :-\

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
« Reply #121 on: January 04, 2010, 05:38:48 PM »
people with enough brain cells to realize that pics can enhance a physique, which leads me to wonder what you're doing posting in this thread? In all seriousness, you even look like someone who is missing a few chromosomes. :-\

This guy is just jealous because he looks like an ugly suicide bomber while many women fall at my feet. Women just laugh at semen brains 'cause he looks and acts like a twat all the time. Building that fitness instructor physique did him the world of good when it comes to pulling women. LOL

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #122 on: January 04, 2010, 05:42:09 PM »
This guy is just jealous because he looks like an ugly suicide bomber while many women fall at my feet. Women just laugh at semen brains 'cause he looks and acts like a twat all the time. Building that fitness instructor physique did him the world of good when it comes to pulling women. LOL

let's see this pic of me where I look like an "ugly suicide bomber" lol

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
« Reply #123 on: January 04, 2010, 05:49:53 PM »
let's see this pic of me where I look like an "ugly suicide bomber" lol

I'm not a queer like your old friend Pumpster who holds on to guy's pics for decades but I remember your face resembled this cloth head minger:

Anyway, back to the main subject. That video was shot professionally backstage at 1999 Olympia. Had the 93 vid been shot professionally it would be 100 times more impressive than the 99 vid.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #124 on: January 04, 2010, 05:57:46 PM »
I'm not a queer like your old friend Pumpster who holds on to guy's pics for decades but I remember your face resembled this cloth head minger:

hahaha, I look nothing like that. Btw I'm Cuban