Author Topic: Dr. Death Steve Williams R.I.P.  (Read 2452 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Dr. Death Steve Williams R.I.P.
« on: December 30, 2009, 06:11:25 PM »
credit: http://www.pwinsider.com/article/43972/steve-dr-death-williams-passes-away.html?p=1

STEVE 'DR. DEATH' WILLIAMS PASSES AWAY
By Mike Johnson on 2009-12-30 13:07:59

PWInsider.com is extremely sad to report that former UWF and All Japan Triple Crown champion Steve "Dr. Death" Williams lost his battle with cancer last night, passing away at the age of 49.
We will have more details as we receive them and would like to pass our deepest condolences out to the family, friends and fans of one hell of a great athlete.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Re: Dr. Death Steve Williams R.I.P.
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 06:45:50 PM »
R.I.P. Dr. Death. Great wrestler.

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 07:32:47 PM »
Amen. See you later big guy. :'(

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 04:44:26 AM »
One of my favorite wrestlers. RIP.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 08:30:44 PM »
It was nice to see WWE pay tribute to him tonight.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 10:38:07 PM »
RIP

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 09:16:37 AM »
It was nice to see WWE pay tribute to him tonight.
I'm very surprised they did that considering they didn't do it for Test when he died and Test was with the company at one time. Dr.Death wasn't.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 11:38:33 AM »
I'm very surprised they did that considering they didn't do it for Test when he died and Test was with the company at one time. Dr.Death wasn't.

"Dr. D" did some work for the fed, but not much:

He signed with WWF sometime around 1998, and participated in that ridiculous "Brawl for All" competition. I think Bart Gunn was the one to knock him out.
Shortly after - IIRC - Williams also worked a very brief angle partnered with Jim Ross during one of Vince’s several unsuccessful attempts to turn JR heel.

Lance Storm wrote about working a couple of WWE house shows with Williams in 2002, although the good doctor wasn’t even with the company at the time.

Finally, I believe Steve worked a brief stint in OVW training WWF/E developmental talent.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 11:54:57 AM »

"Dr. D" did some work for the fed, but not much:

He signed with WWF sometime around 1998, and participated in that ridiculous "Brawl for All" competition. I think Bart Gunn was the one to knock him out.
Shortly after - IIRC - Williams also worked a very brief angle partnered with Jim Ross during one of Vince’s several unsuccessful attempts to turn JR heel.

Lance Storm wrote about working a couple of WWE house shows with Williams in 2002, although the good doctor wasn’t even with the company at the time.

Finally, I believe Steve worked a brief stint in OVW training WWF/E developmental talent.

Your right....I remember J.R. bringing him in to do some temp work from the USWA promotion. He and J.R. were best friends in real life and J.R. is up for a contract renual so that may explain the tribute. Vince's way of buttering up old J.R. so to speak.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 12:04:38 PM »
I like J.R. a lot.
I believe he's on a year to year contract basis with WWE.
It sounds like his restaurant and other business ventures must be doing pretty well.

He willingly stepped down from his upper-level executive duties with Vince a few years back.
Although, I suspect his health issues were also a determining factor in that decision.

Nonetheless, when the day finally comes that Ross is unable to work on the road, he shouldn't be hurting financially.
A lot of wrestlers who have it great now would do well to learn from this man.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 04:54:09 AM »
I like J.R. a lot.
I believe he's on a year to year contract basis with WWE.
It sounds like his restaurant and other business ventures must be doing pretty well.

He willingly stepped down from his upper-level executive duties with Vince a few years back.
Although, I suspect his health issues were also a determining factor in that decision.

Nonetheless, when the day finally comes that Ross is unable to work on the road, he shouldn't be hurting financially.
A lot of wrestlers who have it great now would do well to learn from this man.

I agree with you there. Ross has been around for a long time and he knows the wrestling business. He is the best play by play announcer there is IMO. Financially he has major coin. Former Vice president of talent relations, commentator, owns a resturant, BBQ sauce products on the market. He is very well off.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2010, 08:19:33 AM »
I believe he also held some type of VP position with Turner prior to young buck Bischoff jumping aboard the WCW ship.

Ross really has his head on straight.
He knows a lot more, has accomplished a lot more, and has earned a lot more $$ than I think a lot of folks realize.

And he's achieved it all by doing what he loves!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2010, 10:01:45 AM »
I believe he also held some type of VP position with Turner prior to young buck Bischoff jumping aboard the WCW ship.

Ross really has his head on straight.
He knows a lot more, has accomplished a lot more, and has earned a lot more $$ than I think a lot of folks realize.

And he's achieved it all by doing what he loves!
Spot on.