Author Topic: Video: 9ff TR 1000 reaches 391.7 km/h at Papenburg test track - Wow!  (Read 3177 times)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
 :o

ksa_triceps

• Getbig IV
Re: Video: 9ff TR 1000 reaches 391.7 km/h at Papenburg test track - Wow!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 12:21:58 AM »

This is far more brutal. Listen to the turbos! and it did 393.92 km/h  :o

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 12:35:32 AM »

This is far more brutal. Listen to the turbos! and it did 393.92 km/h  :o

Yep, seen that video, awesome run.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 12:42:25 AM »
I like the Porsche, nothing beat German engineering. Plus that 9ff looks any ordinary 911 Turbo, and I like the fact that you can see the Racelogic driftbox readout. Not something at the end stating it was 246 mph...i want to see the readout.

Gino30

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 01:22:21 AM »
The Supra was a genius car....that was Toyotas peak right there....a brilliant car all things considered.....

ksa_triceps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 01:36:00 AM »
I like the Porsche, nothing beat German engineering. Plus that 9ff looks any ordinary 911 Turbo, and I like the fact that you can see the Racelogic driftbox readout. Not something at the end stating it was 246 mph...i want to see the readout.

http://67.228.38.42/rfvids/highway_runs/Porsche_Gemballa_Avalanche_Dubai.mp4

The new Gemballa with the Carrera GT headlights is very unique. I don't know but there's something insane about a black Porsche with a huge wing.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 01:54:18 AM »

410.00 KPH or 254.76MPH !! and this was in 1989

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 01:56:01 AM »

Come on ::) That line in some ways is so overrated, and coming from you I am surprised as someone who seems to know a thing or two about cars. American and Japanese cars are brilliant in their own ways, Vettes, Vipers, GT40, GTR's, LFA, etc...

Now if Germans can make their cars more reliable than I would agree to some extent, but until they sort out all thier electronic issues, after warranty usually thier cars are a POS you wouldn't want to keep unless you want to throw money away. There is a reason why no sane person keeps euro cars after warranty. I sure don't, lol.

No offense Parker, and correct me if I am wrong, but you come off as a bench racer who reads all the mags, info online, but have no real world experience with any of these cars, have you driven/raced, or been in any of these cars, Supras, 911 TT's, M3's, AMGs, CTS-V's, ZR-1's,  F430's, Lambos, etc???

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009, 01:56:40 AM »
Amazing! No safety barriers round the track and no roll cage/monocoque in that car though, if he had a flat tire they would be shattered to pieces  :P

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2009, 01:57:03 AM »

410.00 KPH or 254.76MPH !! and this was in 1989

That's what I'm talking about, but won't get much respect because of the german car nutthuggers here ::)

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2009, 02:11:35 AM »

Come on ::) That line in some ways is so overrated, and coming from you I am surprised as someone who seems to know a thing or two about cars. American and Japanese cars are brilliant in their own ways, Vettes, Vipers, GT40, GTR's, LFA, etc...

Now if Germans can make their cars more reliable than I would agree to some extent, but until they sort out all thier electronic issues, after warranty usually thier cars are a POS you wouldn't want to keep unless you want to throw money away. There is a reason why no sane person keeps euro cars after warranty. I sure don't, lol.

No offense Parker, and correct me if I am wrong, but you come off as a bench racer who reads all the mags, info online, but have no real world experience with any of these cars, have you driven/raced, or been in any of these cars, Supras, 911 TT's, M3's, AMGs, CTS-V's, ZR-1's,  F430's, Lambos, etc???
Thank You, you call me on it... ;D That phrase was actually used today  (yesterday 12/30) by a guy whose ML was parked in the apt garage..tongue in cheek because his ML has some problems.   
The M3's yes, I've driven the E36 and E46. Both the Z3 M coupe and the the Z 4 M coupe. Test driven the E90/92 M3.  Supras, yes but only the stock turbos. That's it for Japanese---never really was interested in the NSX, when it got those silly headlights. A 993 Carrera 4 and a 996 Carrera 2. As far as the exotics, nope no real world experience. In that regards, if you want to call a bench racer---or enthusiast then you can.

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2009, 01:30:14 PM »
Thank You, you call me on it... ;D That phrase was actually used today  (yesterday 12/30) by a guy whose ML was parked in the apt garage..tongue in cheek because his ML has some problems.   
The M3's yes, I've driven the E36 and E46. Both the Z3 M coupe and the the Z 4 M coupe. Test driven the E90/92 M3.  Supras, yes but only the stock turbos. That's it for Japanese---never really was interested in the NSX, when it got those silly headlights. A 993 Carrera 4 and a 996 Carrera 2. As far as the exotics, nope no real world experience. In that regards, if you want to call a bench racer---or enthusiast then you can.

Looks like mostly german car experience then. Go drive an NSX, RX-7, and the new 370Z and it'll change your perception. I never liked the NSX either, but I do respect it. For a car that was built in 90/91 even in todays standards and IMO the driving experience rivals and beats both E46 and E92 M3s, and I have owned both and currently the latter. The only other car I would say put a smile on my face as much as the NSX compared to the M3's would be GT3's and of course Ferraris and Superleggeras, but those are approx. quarter million cars and a decade plus newer, but I don't have long term experience with them, only brief short drives.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2009, 02:02:17 PM »
Looks like mostly german car experience then. Go drive an NSX, RX-7, and the new 370Z and it'll change your perception. I never liked the NSX either, but I do respect it. For a car that was built in 90/91 even in todays standards and IMO the driving experience rivals and beats both E46 and E92 M3s, and I have owned both and currently the latter. The only other car I would say put a smile on my face as much as the NSX compared to the M3's would be GT3's and of course Ferraris and Superleggeras, but those are approx. quarter million cars and a decade plus newer, but I don't have long term experience with them, only brief short drives.
There is a Nissan dealership right near me, and I have been looking at a 370z in black...beautiful car...haven't gone in for a test drive... Been a BMW fan since I had learned how to drive in my dad's old Volvo, it had a inline 6, and BMW at the time was the only car company in my ignorance at the time that had production I6's. So, I've always had a thing for I6's.

As far as the exotics are concerned, I don't have have any rich or baller friends, am a short bald black man with a growing beard (sure, I could charm my way into sitting a GT3, but that is about it), so for me get a drive from the dealership in one of those maybe more difficult for me than if I was a 6'0 clean shaven, white male, with a blinding smile, whose name happens to be Ryan ;D