Author Topic: Arenas and Crittenton draw guns on each other!!  (Read 864 times)

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
Arenas and Crittenton draw guns on each other!!
« on: January 01, 2010, 11:47:21 AM »
This would not have happened between Smoltz and Glavine. ;D  I mean, getting in a locker room brawl with a teammate is a constant with pro sports, but pulling guns on each other?  that's what happens when your athletes are more worried about being disrespected than they are being alive.  Gotta show'em what ya got!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/basketball/nba/01/01/wizards.guns.ap/index.html

NEW YORK (AP) -- Washington Wizards teammates Gilbert Arenas and Javaris Crittenton drew guns on each other during a Christmas Eve locker room argument over a gambling debt, according to The New York Post.

Citing an anonymous source, the newspaper reports in Friday's edition that the standoff was sparked when Crittenton became angry at Arenas for refusing to make good on a gambling debt. That prompted Arenas to draw on Crittenton, who then also grabbed for a gun, league security sources tell the Post.

Asked by the Post about the confrontation, Arenas denied pulling a gun on Crittenton.

"This is unprecedented in the history of sports," Billy Hunter, executive director of the Player's Association, tells the Post. "I've never heard of players pulling guns on each other in a locker room."

The Wizards said on the night of Dec. 24 that Arenas had stored unloaded firearms in a container in his locker at the arena and that the NBA was looking into the situation. On Tuesday, Washington, D.C. police said they were investigating a report that weapons were found inside a locker room at the Verizon Center.

Now, the federal government is also involved. Ben Friedman, a spokesman for the US Attorney's Office in DC, tells the Post "we're working with the Metropolitan Police Department on the investigation."

Copyright 2010 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/basketball/nba/01/01/wizards.guns.ap/index.html#ixzz0bOM2SmLr
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: Arenas and Crittenton draw guns on each other!!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 03:41:36 PM »
Speechless.....This might be the best sports headline news off all time!

The NBA absolutely sucks. They may as well have the league based out of Europe because American sports fans are really starting to tune out. The product is pretty average these days, in my opinion. College basketball rules!

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 04:21:49 PM »
Speechless.....This might be the best sports headline news off all time!

The NBA absolutely sucks. They may as well have the league based out of Europe because American sports fans are really starting to tune out. The product is pretty average these days, in my opinion. College basketball rules!

david stern turned it into a star based league, with no emphasis on team play.  The last fun team to watch was the showtime era Lakers.  Now its just a one on one game with an occasional big man and three pointers heaved up.

College sucks too, because all the good players leave after one year for the pros.  There're no compelling story lines or rivalries in the NCAA because of this.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 09:14:14 PM »
david stern turned it into a star based league, with no emphasis on team play.  The last fun team to watch was the showtime era Lakers.  Now its just a one on one game with an occasional big man and three pointers heaved up.

College sucks too, because all the good players leave after one year for the pros.  There're no compelling story lines or rivalries in the NCAA because of this.

I loved watching the Knicks/Bulls rivalry along with the Bulls/Pistons in the late 80's, early 90's. The Jordan rules, Bill Laimbeer acting like a bitch.....those were the days.

College basketball is still fun to watch even though the best players leave after one year to jump to the pros. I remember back when Larry Johnson of UNLV held a press conference to announce that he was coming back to play for his senior college season. This was fresh off a national championship the year before, so that was almost unheard of at the time. (1991?)

I think the whole thing started when Stephon Marbury left after his freshman season at Georgia Tech. That opened the flood gates. It's a shame but the money is too tempting to pass up for this kids that were once in the ghetto. Before that, Allen Iverson left after his sophomore season at G'Town. He was the first player under John Thompson to leave school early for the NBA and not graduate. Thompson gave up coaching shortly after that because he saw how the college game was evolving with all of the one year and gone players.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 03:06:21 PM »
Arenas is a strange dude.  I HATE the NBA, so I actually find it comical when this type of stuff happens.

Love college hoops.....