Author Topic: Ron Paul "They're Terrorists Because We're Occupiers"  (Read 3356 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Ron Paul "They're Terrorists Because We're Occupiers"
« on: January 02, 2010, 10:41:20 AM »

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Re: Ron Paul "They're Terrorists Because We're Occupiers"
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 10:54:40 AM »
We weren't occupiers on 09/10.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 02:05:37 PM »
We weren't occupiers on 09/10.

we had troops in Saudi Arabia prior to 9-11 which is where Bin Laden most the the "alleged" highjackers were from
btw - I think we'd have been better off invading Saudi Arabia than Iraq. 

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 02:24:16 PM »
we had troops in Saudi Arabia prior to 9-11 which is where Bin Laden most the the "alleged" highjackers were from
btw - I think we'd have been better off invading Saudi Arabia than Iraq. 

We can't do that, we need them to sell us oil and then turn around and buy our debt with the dollars we send them.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 02:51:59 PM »
it's a little more complicated than that lol...

Exactly!

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 02:58:40 PM »
I think we'd have been better off invading Saudi Arabia than Iraq. 

I've often thought the same thing.  I wasn't thrilled with us invading Iraq.  The Saudi's, IMO, blur the line between ally and enemy.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 03:15:06 PM »
I like Ron Paul, but that is such a simplistic view of the situation and his foreign policy views are a big reason he is unelectable as Pres.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 05:13:59 PM »
I like Ron Paul, but that is such a simplistic view of the situation and his foreign policy views are a big reason he is unelectable as Pres.

I love Doctor Paul too, and yes, that is a simplistic answer, but our government's constant need to view itself as the world police is certainly part of the problem. The previous excuse for a president doused the fire with gasoline by invading Iraq. That's why I support what's going on in Iran right now--it's nice to see other countries realize and respond to their issues without needing our troops to iron out all of their wrinkles.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2010, 05:37:25 PM »
Exactly!
But Paul isn't completely off with his comments.  And if the interview alloted the time, I'm sure he would expand on it.  It goes into Foreign policy, covert actions through many decades, blowback, and many other things.  It's more complicated than that, but you can't blame Paul for not getting it all right in the middle of a bullshit attack from that moron Stein in an interview with limited time.  The interview would have to just be about that to just get the basics laid out.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2010, 07:08:49 PM »
But Paul isn't completely off with his comments.  And if the interview alloted the time, I'm sure he would expand on it.  It goes into Foreign policy, covert actions through many decades, blowback, and many other things.  It's more complicated than that, but you can't blame Paul for not getting it all right in the middle of a bullshit attack from that moron Stein in an interview with limited time.  The interview would have to just be about that to just get the basics laid out.

Then he could've just said that he feels the US is and has been contributing to the problem and not made a ridiculous oversimplification.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2010, 01:39:24 PM »
But Paul isn't completely off with his comments.  And if the interview alloted the time, I'm sure he would expand on it.  It goes into Foreign policy, covert actions through many decades, blowback, and many other things.  It's more complicated than that, but you can't blame Paul for not getting it all right in the middle of a bullshit attack from that moron Stein in an interview with limited time.  The interview would have to just be about that to just get the basics laid out.

This ^

It's interesting listening to individuals like Stein and Giuliani being that they are in purposeful denial of this fact.

The National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States stated that American foreign policy was one of the main reasons for the 9/11 attacks.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2010, 01:49:38 PM »

Then he could've just said that he feels the US is and has been contributing to the problem and not made a ridiculous oversimplification.

He has, several times in other interviews. He's talked about it to death but many don't seem to be listening pr refuse to believe.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2010, 01:52:10 PM »
naaa, they really just hate us because we're free :D

classic.  I'm still laughing almost a decade later....

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2010, 02:08:39 PM »
naaa, they really just hate us because we're free :D

classic.  I'm still laughing almost a decade later....

Remember when Rudy jizzed his pants grandstanding his outrage over this during the debates with Ron.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2010, 03:06:36 PM »
Remember when Rudy jizzed his pants grandstanding his outrage over this during the debates with Ron.

yup

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2010, 04:19:49 PM »
He has, several times in other interviews. He's talked about it to death but many don't seem to be listening pr refuse to believe.

And that's fine, but Hugo posted 2 other vids of him talking about it and in one of the vids he again just made the claim that it was because we were over there that it caused the problem and left it at that.  That's just a completely unfair assessment.

I'm sure that our activities over there are used by terrorist recruiters.  I think we all agree that supporting Israel angers these groups to no end.  But, to suggest that terrorism will cease if we just leave is bullshit. 

First, it doesn't account for the fact that these are just bad people willing to kill their own as well as anybody else they deem deserves it.
Second, the terrorists use any excuse handy at the time.  Pick one - It's because of Gitmo, it's because the West did something during Ramadan, it's because a cartoonist drew a picture, it's because you don't follow the teachings of Allah.
Third, we're not realistically going to give up support for Israel even if we do withdrawl.
Fourth, even if we ignore the first three and accept AQ that it's because of our involvement, where does that end?  Do they now get to tell us whether or not we can interact with Saudi Arabia?  Kuwait?  Oman?

I'm sure that our actions and policies contribute.  But, suggesting that it's the only factor or one that's easily solved through a simple withdrawl is just a gross oversimplification.

Now, if RP has been speaking about all the other factors and I've just been seeing a biased glimpse then so be it.  More power to him.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2010, 04:21:32 PM »
Jesus christ skip, that's all you got from those vids ::)  Cherry pick it baby, yea... ::)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2010, 04:32:08 PM »
Jesus christ skip, that's all you got from those vids ::)  Cherry pick it baby, yea... ::)

It was the OP who threw out the RP statement in the thread title and I simply responded.  If you want to discuss the plane attack, or the motivations behind it, then by all means, knock yourself out.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2010, 04:34:59 PM »
wth are you talking about?  I'm talking about the vids I posted and your response cherry picking what you wanted to hear. ::)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2010, 04:41:33 PM »
wth are you talking about?  I'm talking about the vids I posted and your response cherry picking what you wanted to hear. ::)

I'm not aware that I cherry picked what I wanted to hear.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2010, 04:48:39 PM »

I'm not aware that I cherry picked what I wanted to hear.
you clearly picked one factor of what he said rather than address all the points as a whole.  what the fuck do you call that if not cherry picking?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2010, 04:52:31 PM »
you clearly picked one factor of what he said rather than address all the points as a whole.  what the fuck do you call that if not cherry picking?

I thought you had posted those videos in response to my response on this thread.  I'm not sure what you want me to comment on regarding RP.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2010, 05:37:46 PM »
lol.... wow!!!