Author Topic: What exactly is high maintenance?  (Read 2501 times)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
What exactly is high maintenance?
« on: January 04, 2010, 03:59:24 PM »
When people say women are high maintenance.  Is it refering to looks or personality or both?  Please explain this to me. 

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
Re: What exactly is high maintenance?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 04:00:30 PM »
i think it's personality.

kinda like you have to call her everyday and such

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 04:01:50 PM »
When people say women are high maintenance.  Is it refering to looks or personality or both?  Please explain this to me. 

both , personality more so .

example I know a girl who got married , fiance' bought her a 1.5 karat diamond sent him back because it wasn't 3 karats , it a takes a TON of work to keep them happy not as much return on your part of the investment

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 04:03:06 PM »
high maintenance in the case of my last girlfriend = borderline personality disorder....oh what fun ;D

bench

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 04:04:55 PM »
who isnt "high maintenance" when you have to live with someone 24/7 365 days a year and share everything he/she has on her mind.
The funny is, if you actually overlook this part and dont communicate, this is how you endanger your relationship.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 04:08:04 PM »
i think it's personality.

kinda like you have to call her everyday and such
Oh, I broke up with one of these girls.  I thought it was my fault for being stubborn but she must have just been high maint. 

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 04:21:12 PM »

It means the person (guys can be high maintenance too) requires a lot of your attention (and often money as well).  You have to call them a lot, see them a lot, send love notes, flowers, etc. or they will feel neglected and look elsewhere.  You must take them out frequently, spend more time with them than you otherwise would with someone else.  In short, the person is demanding of your time and attention, this often translates into demanding of your money as well: dates cost money, trips/gifts cost money, running errands for her costs money, the finer things in life cost money.  If you don't have the inclination to romance someone this way forget about dating the HM wo/man!  :-\

Even if you win his/her heart the HM factor does not go away; it may even become more acute.  Beware!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 04:33:19 PM »
It means the person (guys can be high maintenance too) requires a lot of your attention (and often money as well).  You have to call them a lot, see them a lot, send love notes, flowers, etc. or they will feel neglected and look elsewhere.  You must take them out frequently, spend more time with them than you otherwise would with someone else.  In short, the person is demanding of your time and attention, this often translates into demanding of your money as well: dates cost money, trips/gifts cost money, running errands for her costs money, the finer things in life cost money.  If you don't have the inclination to romance someone this way forget about dating the HM wo/man!  :-\

Even if you win his/her heart the HM factor does not go away; it may even become more acute.  Beware!
No thanks, I'll opt for prostitution.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 05:30:45 PM »

paris hilton

E
E

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2010, 05:36:05 PM »

X2

High maintenance = spend money on me

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 05:36:55 PM »
i would point out that there is a difference between truly enjoying talking with and spending timee with your significant other, and being "high maintanance"

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 06:50:43 PM »
X2

High maintenance = spend money on me

No.  It could just mean spend a lot of your attention on me.   For many guys attention = money but that doesn’t have to be the case.  Attention could = time.

Remember, too, that there are many different personality types out there and different chemistry between individuals.  Some guys actually like being very attentive to the person they are courting.  Some people like this attention and some people don’t. 

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2010, 07:03:10 PM »
No.  It could just mean spend a lot of your attention on me.   For many guys attention = money but that doesn’t have to be the case.  Attention could = time.

Remember, too, that there are many different personality types out there and different chemistry between individuals.  Some guys actually like being very attentive to the person they are courting.  Some people like this attention and some people don’t. 

Right.  and being that time= money, i stand by my post  ;D

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2010, 07:32:12 PM »

The same as with kids: they suck lots of time, energy, patience and money

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2010, 07:41:26 PM »
someone who has to keep up a certain appearance/image,ALWAYS dressing nice, someone who goes for the more expensive things......

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2010, 09:33:38 PM »
high maintenance = constant reassurance

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2010, 09:42:32 PM »
Omarosa had stated that "high maintenance" is when you (the woman) can't afford the lifestyle she "requires" or wants. So others must do it for you. Basically a female who lives beyond their means, but requires expemsive things.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2010, 10:55:20 PM »
Imo less to do with money than with monopolizing your time and requiring constant attention.  In mythology it refers to a highly horny woman who requires sex several times a day.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2010, 11:16:28 PM »
Holds you to a standard to which she doesn't hold herself. She can act any way she wants, but you have to act according to her specifications.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2010, 05:55:39 AM »
Imo less to do with money than with monopolizing your time and requiring constant attention.  In mythology it refers to a highly horny woman who requires sex several times a day.
Constantly depressed people with a low self esteem is more like it.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2010, 05:59:22 AM »
Constantly depressed people with a low self esteem is more like it.

I don't need to see the slaughterhouse to enjoy a burger.

hmontaq

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2010, 01:04:40 PM »
money, more money, and emotionaly needy
Getbig =Reality Show

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2010, 02:51:02 PM »
last gf

nothing ever tasted good...could have been jacques pepin as the cook, did not matter

No movie was ever enjoyable...could have been Titanic

etc, etc

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2010, 03:02:39 PM »
last gf

nothing ever tasted good...could have been jacques pepin as the cook, did not matter

No movie was ever enjoyable...could have been Titanic

etc, etc

I think I dated her.  :'(