Author Topic: Mr. Olympia 1997 (Top Six)!!..  (Read 10043 times)

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Re: Mr. Olympia 1997 (Top Six)!!..
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2010, 03:41:14 AM »
and by the way you cant base your opinion on some audience opinions because at mr. olympia 1996 for example and according to flex magazine some audience booed yates victory and someone here wrote that he attended that show with his father and according to his father nasser was the clear winner and according to him ray was the clear winner,.. so if you ask any audience of any contest you will hear many different opinions!.. this is the nature of bb!!..

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2010, 03:42:27 AM »
I remember someone in the audience posted on a message board that they were there and Dorian's hardness when there was light years ahead of anyone else. Then they told one of the judges that and he replied 'You should see the hardness difference from the third row!'

I have seen a few Grand Prix's from 1996 with not so great lighting, just the camara right on them and Dorian wins easily. So much harder, it was really over when he turned around it wasn't even a competition. Sorry Sherief Dorian had flaws but the hardness was too much IMO.

I agree, the conditioning and the muscle density were Dorian's passport to succes even way past his prime. I think a '95 and a '96 Nasser would have beat a '97 Dorian. But the '95 Dorian was unbeatable, just too much for everyone. And he still retained a great condition in '96 though the torn bicep was obvious by then.  But as Nasser was growing bigger he was looking smoother, specially from the back and he couldn't hit his side poses in a way that didn't made him look relatively thin considering his weight. Dorian always maintained his ability to be thick and granite-like.

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2010, 03:46:10 AM »
Nasser looked fucking awesome at the 94 NOC he lost too much definition from there as he got bigger. But i guess what does he have to do to try and beat Dorian.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2010, 03:46:33 AM »
Nasser looks like a retard facially, but he had a helluva physique back then.

nasser, lee and paul... have three weaker backs ever made the O posedown?

Dillet's back wasn't bad actually, the poor guy just could'nt hit a back pose (or any other pose as a matter of fact) to save his life. Had he been able to pose correctly, he would have been in the top three on more than one occasion.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2010, 04:02:19 AM »
strange that you said before you believed that nasser should have won!!.. your opinions are not always constant, arent they? :-X

I've never said Nasser deserved to win 97, not once. Only thing I said was that I can see why some people think he should've won cause he looked better from the front (but not overall). I have no problem with Dorian winning the contest.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2010, 04:12:12 AM »
for me his totally torn arm cant be considered just a flaw!!.. it clearly looks like a deformed part in MANY poses and from more than one angle!!.. this should have marked him down!!.. how to be mr. olympia with a deformed part?!.. dorian also had other torn parts on that day but were not as noticeable as his left arm.. now where is the symmetry between his right and his left?!.. where is the proportion between his arms and his torso?!.. or between his arms and his legs?!.. if what matters is hardness only so Andreas Munzer should have been mr. olympia every time he competed at this show!!..

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2010, 04:12:49 AM »

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2010, 08:28:07 AM »
in the first series of pics on the last one you can see the synthol in Nassar's calves plain as day
L

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2010, 08:33:34 AM »
I do know that Dorian ran from Nasser in the posedowns

suckmymuscle

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2010, 09:08:35 AM »
I do know that Dorian ran from Nasser in the posedowns

Be more succint. How so?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2010, 09:22:03 AM »

Lee priest kills nasser from the front...

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2010, 09:25:26 AM »
Lee priest kills nasser from the front...

If you can spot him, yes he does.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2010, 09:31:05 AM »
In some poses I think man he shouldn't have won and then others it's clear why he did

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2010, 09:39:42 AM »
Dorian is owning in the 97 pics...more than I realized. 
Check out this video of the 96 prejudging starting around 4:50 to see how Dorian easily won that year.  He loses the FDB pose, but wins everything else.

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2010, 09:47:39 AM »
Which competitor from that posedown went on to a colorful career of  mantie sales and message board hijinks?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2010, 09:47:49 AM »
Dorian is owning in the 97 pics...more than I realized. 
Check out this video of the 96 prejudging starting around 4:50 to see how Dorian easily won that year.  He loses the FDB pose, but wins everything else.

Dorian clearly won 1996 , 97 you could haggle about but 96 not so

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2010, 09:51:45 AM »
97 is arguable, but I still think Dorian deserved it.  He destroyed Nasser from the back, was arguably better or equal in every other pose except the FDB, and was overall much, much harder and denser.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2010, 11:32:53 AM »
  Be more succint. How so?

SUCKMYMUSCLE
Nasser would go over to Dorians side of the stage to compare and every time, Dorian would move else where (Actually I only know for certain that this happened in 96, but I would imagine so in 97 as well)

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2010, 11:42:52 AM »
Nasser would go over to Dorians side of the stage to compare and every time, Dorian would move else where (Actually I only know for certain that this happened in 96, but I would imagine so in 97 as well)
not running from nasser, just walking from side to side of the stage hitting shots. notice nasser following like a puppy, getting owned.

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2010, 12:06:22 PM »
IF this is real, it is one of the saddest things I have ever read.  Lol, he criticizes people for "hiding like roaches" and then the next sentence says "I am on the board as well, but under a different name than my own..."  :-\

Who knew people take this shit so seriously....I mean secret messages with strategies being sent  ::)

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2010, 01:10:19 PM »
levrone stomping that line up...

bench

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2010, 03:33:26 PM »

it happened 2 times in 1996 and in every time nasser was looking to the audience as if saying "look, he doesnt want to be compared with me".. flex magazine mentioned this and according to it when dorian was asked why he was avoiding nasser in the posedown he answered "i didnt see him"...

actually and all jokes aside i dont think dorian was really escaping nasser because he was not that stupid to do so in front of thousands of ppl but i am sure he was feeling somehow "small" beside him which was a strange feeling for dorian.. sure he was hoping that nasser didnt come close to him ;D..

we all know that in certain poses dorian was killing nasser and in other poses nasser was killing him.. they were close to each other in very few poses so to compare them it was somehow complicated!!.. but in 97 with a deformed part dorian really didnt deserve to beat nasser especially the rest of him was not close to his best..

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2010, 03:43:18 PM »
incredible line up they had back in those days.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2010, 05:07:56 PM »
it happened 2 times in 1996 and in every time nasser was looking to the audience as if saying "look, he doesnt want to be compared with me".. flex magazine mentioned this and according to it when dorian was asked why he was avoiding nasser in the posedown he answered "i didnt see him"...

actually and all jokes aside i dont think dorian was really escaping nasser because he was not that stupid to do so in front of thousands of ppl but i am sure he was feeling somehow "small" beside him which was a strange feeling for dorian.. sure he was hoping that nasser didnt come close to him ;D..

we all know that in certain poses dorian was killing nasser and in other poses nasser was killing him.. they were close to each other in very few poses so to compare them it was somehow complicated!!.. but in 97 with a deformed part dorian really didnt deserve to beat nasser especially the rest of him was not close to his best..

here is how it happened ;D ;D ;D