Author Topic: Schiff on Dodd dropping out: Blumenthal another Dodd-like liberal hack.  (Read 2252 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
msn and fox haven't been mentioning schiff with the other contenders, unless I've missed something.

what are teh early numbers looking like?  I guess it'll be a few days before we see any.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
msn and fox haven't been mentioning schiff with the other contenders, unless I've missed something.

what are teh early numbers looking like?  I guess it'll be a few days before we see any.

The last thing the MSM wants is someone like Schiff in there. 

They want a squishy RINO moderate phoney like Simmons or Linda McMahon since they know Schiff would be like a steamroller in the Senate and embarass the marxists one by one. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
but i thought fox would like him.  are they showing him any love?  I've been skimming news and no mention of him with the other.  ???

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
but i thought fox would like him.  are they showing him any love?  I've been skimming news and no mention of him with the other.  ???

Schiff is like the cop who shoes up to end the drug party. 

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
The people of this country need to take their government back...pull way back on the reigns.  The traditional 2 party system sucks.  I want the liberal democrats out but I don't trust all the republicans either.  We need fiscal conservatives who will puts some limits on the power and excessive spending of our government.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
The people of this country need to take their government back...pull way back on the reigns.  The traditional 2 party system sucks.  I want the liberal democrats out but I don't trust all the republicans either.  We need fiscal conservatives who will puts some limits on the power and excessive spending of our government.

We need term limits at a minimum.  People like this Blumenthal joke are exactly why we are in the mess we are.  He is nothing more than another political hack and will be more of the same and a Dodd clone.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Schiff = another shill. I'm thinking of voting for the other guy out of spite.

Guy can't even manage his own finances and yet you want to entrust him with the country's. No thanks.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Schiff = another shill. I'm thinking of voting for the other guy out of spite.

Guy can't even manage his own finances and yet you want to entrust him with the country's. No thanks.

That has been debunked so many times over already BF. 

If you want Dodd part 2 - vote for Blumenthal.   

Fury

• Getbig V
His Euro Pacific Capital fell between 40-80% in 2008.  :D

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: Schiff on Dodd dropping out: Blumenthal another Dodd-like liberal hack.
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 01:14:07 PM »
His Euro Pacific Capital fell between 40-80% in 2008.  :D

Welcome to 2010.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2010, 01:17:14 PM »
Schiff firm: Shedlock exaggerates our clients' losses
Andrew Schiff, Peter Schiff's brother, responds to the Shedlock piece. He notes Shedlock is trying to attract clients. He says Shedlock exaggerates the losses of clients of Euro Pacific Capital, Schiff's broker-dealer firm. (Not a hedge fund.) But he doesn't refute anything Shedlock said. The Schiffs say the dollar is overvalued, just as the housing market was three years ago, and will fall. Bottom line: Even prescient people, such as Peter Schiff and Nouriel Roubini, who both called the housing bubble, are not omniscient. But you knew that. (Or should have.)

Jay,
It is disappointing that you would choose to raise the profile on Mr. Shedlock’s attack on our firm. In particular, his posting on Market Oracle is primarily an attempt to attract business to his own firm (Sitka Capital Management), by bashing a much larger and better known firm. However, the strategies employed by the two firms are completely different and make a direct comparison useless.

While it is true, that our accounts have suffered badly in 2008, a fact that we have never disputed or ran from, his estimates for the size our of typical client losses are exaggerated and unfair. We have thousands of clients, and since all of our accounts are run individually, holding up the performance of one client is not representative of our firm as a whole. In choosing to characterize our performance he considers only that time frame which he knows was the worst period for our clients. The biggest impediment to our performance in 2008 has been the rally in the dollar, which we did not predict. However, we believe that the rally is as illogical as it is transitory. We still believe that for many fundamental reasons the dollar will fall dramatically. Shedlocks’ criticism is similar to jabs peter got in 2005 when housing market experts were ridiculing him for making gloomy predictions about home prices which at that point were still strong. It didn’t mean that he was wrong then about a housing bubble.

Also, as a broker dealer (not a Registered Investment Advisor as Mr. Shedlock’s firm), it would be illegal for us to publish or to otherwise make claims as to past or expected investment performance. Mr. Shedlock knows this, but sees a chance to gain credibility as a result of our lack of response to his challenge.

I would ask that you mention that commercial interest rather than journalistic objectivity informs Mr. Shedlock’s posting. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2010, 01:41:37 PM »
Welcome to 2010.

And? Try making a point for once.

It's barely 2010. For someone that likes harping on things that happened nearly a decade ago it's funny that you're writing off something that's barely a year old.  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2010, 01:46:36 PM »
how did schiff's company Euro capital do in 2008 and 2009?  Exact numbers (or %)please.

this new guy blumenthal, connecticut Atty General is REFUSING TO ANSWER if he supported TARP or not.  Total d-bag. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2010, 01:53:29 PM »
how did schiff's company Euro capital do in 2008 and 2009?  Exact numbers (or %)please.

this new guy blumenthal, connecticut Atty General is REFUSING TO ANSWER if he supported TARP or not.  Total d-bag. 

He also said Dodd did nothing wrong with countrywide or any of the other garbage.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2010, 02:10:28 PM »
haha he knows what he's doing... trying to get the Dodd endorsement.

I'd happily send $25 to Schiff.  What phase of the process is he at?  Officially a candidate?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2010, 08:18:27 PM »
And? Try making a point for once.

It's barely 2010. For someone that likes harping on things that happened nearly a decade ago it's funny that you're writing off something that's barely a year old.  ::)

What it means, my argumentative friend, is that Euro clients did well in 2009. One of his free stock picks was up 1700%. Since central banks and governments continue their asinine economic/money creation plans, his clients will probably do really well in 2010 as well.