Author Topic: KETO PROBLEM  (Read 3180 times)

lesaucer

KETO PROBLEM
« on: January 06, 2010, 11:31:39 PM »
alright so i wanna give this anabolic diet a try.
the cheese and sausage i have is written 1-2g carbs per portion.
so if i eat an omelet with 5 sausage in it, thats 10g of carbs!!! WTF, why is there carbs in that? 

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: KETO PROBLEM
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 11:39:54 PM »
alright so i wanna give this anabolic diet a try.
the cheese and sausage i have is written 1-2g carbs per portion.
so if i eat an omelet with 5 sausage in it, thats 10g of carbs!!! WTF, why is there carbs in that? 
they are just trace carbs.  Don't stress over them too much.  Or look for other sausages with lower carbs, but yeah worrying is a lot worse for you than injesting 5 extra grams of carbs. 

lesaucer

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 11:45:35 PM »
ok so do i have to count those trace carbs in my daily carbs comsuption or i just ignore it ? because if i count i exceed the 30g max carbs rule required for keto  >:(

lesaucer

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 11:47:09 PM »
gonna check tomorrow for other sausage at the grocerie

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 11:50:00 PM »
ok so do i have to count those trace carbs in my daily carbs comsuption or i just ignore it ? because if i count i exceed the 30g max carbs rule required for keto  >:(
Hmm good question.  Personally I have done the keto diet and didn't worry about those and I was able to lose weight rapidly.  Why don't you try it for a week or 2 and if you lose weight then you are gold.  (I imagine you will) More importantly don't cheat at all, I mean even using ketchup can send you right out of ketosis!  

Also, counting the sausage carbs you said it exceeds your 30.  But by how much?  For a active bodybuilder 35-45 grams I don't think will hurt things too much.  Its just when you cheat even "just a little tast" is when things fall apart IMO.  

lesaucer

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 12:08:53 AM »
alright thanks no i wont exceed the 30 i lied  :-*  i get pretty close to it but it shouldnt be a problem. i dont have to lose alot of weight, im already pretty lean at around 11-12% i just wanna get to 7-8% and try different diets before hitting the sauce for first time. can you imagine the extreme weight gain going to happen when i go from a 2700 cal keto diet at 8%bf training HIT style to a 5.5k cal high carbs+prot low fats first cycle popping human dbol+test with creatine, volume training :o :o :o   fulllllblown baby  8) i think im going to take pics of the progress and share with getbiggers after

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 05:14:29 PM »
alright thanks no i wont exceed the 30 i lied  :-*  i get pretty close to it but it shouldnt be a problem. i dont have to lose alot of weight, im already pretty lean at around 11-12% i just wanna get to 7-8% and try different diets before hitting the sauce for first time. can you imagine the extreme weight gain going to happen when i go from a 2700 cal keto diet at 8%bf training HIT style to a 5.5k cal high carbs+prot low fats first cycle popping human dbol+test with creatine, volume training :o :o :o   fulllllblown baby  8) i think im going to take pics of the progress and share with getbiggers after
:o

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 06:18:47 AM »
They add breadcrumbs as filler.  Eat bacon instead.

R.A.M.

• Getbig IV
  • BOOM!! Take a Look at this hunk of Man.
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 07:42:34 AM »
I've been on the anabolic diet since June of last year and I like it. I had to bump my carbs up to about 50-60 grams a day though. I know you cannot exceed 100 grams a day.

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 10:10:14 AM »
Not sure what page its on in the anabolic diet, but it lays out the percentages for macronutrients...  Stick to that and don't worry necessarily about the precise number of carbs you have.  If less than 10% of your calories are coming from carbs, and over 60% are coming from fat, you're not going to have a problem staying in ketosis.

The high level of fat in the diet is actually more important to remaining in ketosis than the the amount of carbs you eat.  Also keep in mind that on days you workout hard, you can easily ingest an extra 15-20 grams of carbs without worrying about it.

Anytime you're worried that a meal might have a few extra carbs than you want (when trying to remain in ketosis), take 200mg of Alpha Lipoic Acid - works wonders. Also take it during your carb-ups and the first day you're trying to get back into ketosis - you'll get back much quicker.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 10:13:47 AM »
you dont need to worry about trace carbs found in meats, eggs, nuts, cheeses, and vegetables. 

sausage is very fatty. 5 sausages probably has quite a bit of fat. that is completely unnecessary and will just slow down fat loss. on a low carb diet you need a little bit more essential fats and a little bit more protein, but you do not need to consume significant quantities of fat. they just take the place of body fat, slowing down your progress.

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 06:45:25 AM »
tbombz doesn't understand how ketosis works.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 06:52:26 AM »
tbombz doesn't understand how ketosis works.
i understand quite well actually. what you dont understand is that "ketosis" (a state in which the brain is using ketones and not glucose) is nothing magical. whether or not the brain uses 20grams of glucose per day is very insignificant, and going in and out of "ketosis" has no bearing at all on fat loss/muscle retention.  you should look at ketosis as something that may happen durin an effective diet, as ketones are a by product of bodyfat metabolism. if your burning body fat, your producing ketones... whether or not your brain is utlizing ketones or glucose.  whats the benefit of a low carb/keto diet? well, hypothetically, lower glucose intake results in lower insulin and also lower glycogen, which leads to increased fat metabolism. but there is absolutely no need to eat fat in order to decrease insulin or deplete glycogen. beyond some basic essential fatty acid requirements, there is no need and no benefit to added dietary fat in a bodybuilding diet (only so far as body composition is concerned)

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 10:03:20 AM »
The original question was with regard to The Anabolic Diet by DOCTOR Mauro Di Pasquale.  And tbombz, if you were to read his book or any of his teachings, you'd realize that everything you just said about ketosis is retarded.  There's a reason he recommends up to 60% of your calories coming from fat during the low-carb phases of his cyclical diets.

I know you "think" you're smarter than established doctors who have written countless books, but well, you're not!

AVBG

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2010, 10:09:50 AM »
Your understanding of it is good tbombZz

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 04:21:14 PM »
The original question was with regard to The Anabolic Diet by DOCTOR Mauro Di Pasquale.  And tbombz, if you were to read his book or any of his teachings, you'd realize that everything you just said about ketosis is retarded.  There's a reason he recommends up to 60% of your calories coming from fat during the low-carb phases of his cyclical diets.

I know you "think" you're smarter than established doctors who have written countless books, but well, you're not!

i will only respond with this :

fat loss is about energy defecit. not about insulin levels, glycogen content of muscle, or fat intake.

AVBG, i know, thanks. =)

AVBG

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2010, 07:09:10 PM »
Credit where it's due Tbombz, how's your training going are you any closer to competing?

lesaucer

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2010, 07:42:07 PM »
i will only respond with this :

fat loss is about energy defecit. not about insulin levels, glycogen content of muscle, or fat intake.

AVBG, i know, thanks. =)

so do you think ketosis diet (anabolic diet) as any benefit compared to a normal diet eating carbs and everything you want as long as youre in caloric deficit and getting enough protein or do you think its a big pain in the ass for nothing (TALKING ABOUT NATURALS NOT JUICED) also tell me what you think is the best on the sauce

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2010, 09:17:54 AM »
so do you think ketosis diet (anabolic diet) as any benefit compared to a normal diet eating carbs and everything you want as long as youre in caloric deficit and getting enough protein or do you think its a big pain in the ass for nothing (TALKING ABOUT NATURALS NOT JUICED) also tell me what you think is the best on the sauce

if protein and calories are equal in two diets, then the results of the diets are going to be very similar...any differences will be minute.

eat whatever youd like to, take in adequate protein, make sure total calories taken in are below total calories put out...and then your going to lose fat and retain muscle.  and whether or not your calories come from carbs or fats is irelevant... although i would say youd be better off with more carbs than fats since carbs support anabolism, glycogen levels, thyrooid levels, decrease cortisol, are potent vasodialators... etc etc..

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2010, 09:48:16 AM »
Once again, the original question was about Dr. Mauro di Pasquale's book.  If you choose to disagree with the author of the book, then don't chyme in when people ask about what the "doctor" recommended.

I'm all with you too about energy expenditure.  However, test it out on yourself - 3 different diets - all 2,500 calories a day. 

1st: 60% carbs, 30% protein, 10% fat.
2nd: 60% fat, 30% protein, 10% carbs.
3rd: 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% carbs.

Any guess as to which one will produce the fastest fat loss results? 

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2010, 11:29:47 AM »
Once again, the original question was about Dr. Mauro di Pasquale's book.  If you choose to disagree with the author of the book, then don't chyme in when people ask about what the "doctor" recommended.

I'm all with you too about energy expenditure.  However, test it out on yourself - 3 different diets - all 2,500 calories a day. 

1st: 60% carbs, 30% protein, 10% fat.
2nd: 60% fat, 30% protein, 10% carbs.
3rd: 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% carbs.

Any guess as to which one will produce the fastest fat loss results? 

they will all result in almost identical results. the 60% carb group might have a bit more fullness, strength, and a bit less bodyfat though.

Azn Muscle

• Getbig III
  • Team Nasser Forum at www.FavorMob.com/hugenasser
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2010, 10:23:39 PM »
I am curious to anyone that has success with the Anabolic Diet?

Tbombz the Anabolic Diet though similar to a Ketosis diet, is not a Ketosis diet, and this is emphasized by the author of the diet.  Its a 5 day low carb + 2 day high carb cyclical diet.

I am just curious because I get down to about 10-12% bodyfat, and for some reason I can't get down to 7-8% without losing a lotta mass.  I think I am probably doin something wrong, but I am pretty carb sensitive so I was thinkin of giving this diet a try. 

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2010, 10:32:03 PM »

Tbombz the Anabolic Diet though similar to a Ketosis diet, is not a Ketosis diet, and this is emphasized by the author of the diet.  Its a 5 day low carb + 2 day high carb cyclical diet.

I am just curious because I get down to about 10-12% bodyfat, and for some reason I can't get down to 7-8% without losing a lotta mass.  I think I am probably doin something wrong, but I am pretty carb sensitive so I was thinkin of giving this diet a try. 
This would be torture for me constantly going in and out of Ketosis.  If you are gonna mess with Keto at all I would suggest just do keto period.  The first 3 days are horrendus, I suggest very large amounts of protein and fats on these days, then things mellow out.  Just avoid ANY cheating at all costs.  If you don't want to do keto then just go low cal. 

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2010, 06:33:24 PM »

ive done the anabolic diet as prescribed for quite some time and it worked good. its not the best diet though.

Azn Muscle

• Getbig III
  • Team Nasser Forum at www.FavorMob.com/hugenasser
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2010, 07:12:17 PM »
ive done the anabolic diet as prescribed for quite some time and it worked good. its not the best diet though.

In your experience, what do you think is the best diet for fat loss?

For Naturals that is.  Just a straight Ketosis diet?  I would think you'd lose a lotta size though without the refeeds?

I have never done a straight Keto diet, but am looking more this way because I have more of a endomorph body type and though I can get down to a pretty low %, every time I go down into single digits I lose a lotta size.