Author Topic: Beckham plays for AC Milan? (no homo)  (Read 2558 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Beckham plays for AC Milan? (no homo)
« on: January 07, 2010, 07:00:53 AM »

Since when?  I thought he played for an American team and that this was supposed to be some great PR thing for American soccer. 

Figo

• Getbig V
Re: Beckham plays for AC Milan? (no homo)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 07:04:51 AM »
2nd loan stint at milan, still a galaxy player.

He needs to play at a big european club now, to get playing time and exposure, so he gets a place in Englands WC2010 squad in June.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 07:18:17 AM »

He needs to play at a big european club now, to get playing time and exposure, so he gets a place in Englands WC2010 squad in June.

Yep - Capello wants him playing in Europe if he stands any chance of playing in his fourth World Cup Finals.

Personally I think Capello will pick him for the squad anyway - Beckhams a stong personality and he loves the big occasions. The other players in the England squad look up to him now.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 07:29:27 AM »

Ah, cool.  Thanks for the explanation. 

I'm trying to get into this shit and actually watched some English Premier League and Italian Serie action the other day.  Good stuff.  Oh, and I picked up FIFA '08 for PS3, too, which has helped a bit. 

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 07:45:39 AM »
Yep - Capello wants him playing in Europe if he stands any chance of playing in his fourth World Cup Finals.

Personally I think Capello will pick him for the squad anyway - Beckhams a stong personality and he loves the big occasions. The other players in the England squad look up to him now.

Becks is a role model. Still the best crosser of the ball from the right, and the free-kicks...

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 08:20:50 AM »
Since when?  I thought he played for an American team and that this was supposed to be some great PR thing for American soccer. 
Since almost two years ago. Where have you been???

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 09:23:11 AM »
Since almost two years ago. Where have you been???

All I saw on the news was when he and his family moved to L.A. a few years ago...didn't know he was playing other places, too.

I'm moving back to Milan in March, though, and it looks like he'll still be there then. 

marty31672

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 09:23:56 AM »
soccer is boring theres too little scoring

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 10:51:57 AM »
Ah, cool.  Thanks for the explanation. 

I'm trying to get into this shit and actually watched some English Premier League and Italian Serie action the other day.  Good stuff.  Oh, and I picked up FIFA '08 for PS3, too, which has helped a bit. 

EPL is the best league , do not wast time on the Italian crap.  Watch teams like Aston Villa, Spurs, Everton, Man U.
K

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 10:53:37 AM »
Where can i watch this thing called soccer here in America????

ksa_triceps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 10:54:18 AM »
EPL is the best league , do not wast time on the Italian crap.  Watch teams like Aston Villa, Spurs, Everton, Man U.

Now i understand why you called the 405 decline guy an "arse"hole  ;D

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 11:59:49 AM »

Thanks for the tip.  But since I'm living part-time in Italy, I think I have to know a little about the league, otherwise the locals won't love me anymore. hehe

soccer is boring theres too little scoring

That was always my take, too, but I do like *playing* the game, even though I'm not very good.  When you watch a match, though, there's really a lot of action...lots of little individual battles that can be fun to watch. 

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 01:16:50 PM »
soccer, to the newcomer, is boring and looks like a bunch of twinks running around after a ball, kicking it away, and running after it again, lots of acting, and over-groomed, and over-paid men.

BUT! its a beautiful game, and if you grow up with it, or start really watching, the skill, passion, athleticism, speed(depending on the teams/what game) of the sport are unbelievable. you become addicted.

thats why its the biggest sport in the world.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2010, 03:10:54 PM »
Beckham is a pimp!
S

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2010, 05:53:09 PM »
Good post, Figo, spot on.  I live here in Australia, but am English and it is quite clear that getting over all the fakery is the primary difficulty to getting into the game.   Most sports here are entirely physical and have a lot more honesty.   

Still, the English game was far more honest, prior to the injection of a lot of foreign talent who, sadly, are the reason the EPL is now just another theatre of playacting (still the best league, entertainment wise, of course).

Who can forget the days of watching Jurgen Klinsmann, Rivaldo and the other supercheats.  The game still protects the blatant cheaters, unfortunately.  A bit more vigilence on that side of things, and people who do not understand the game wouldn't be so turned off.  As it stands it is definitely an embarassment to newcomers. 

Hopefully, one day, they will move to a system whereby outright cheating is atleast presented with fines/bans.  Countries like the US are a tough nut to crack but I don't see them being into it on a majority level until all the pansy shit gets stamped out.

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2010, 11:20:55 PM »

apart from the EPL, I watch La Liga with either Real Madrid or Barcelona playing only :) I love their flexibility in their formations and tactics.
I am a mini beast

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2010, 11:23:13 PM »
Good post, Figo, spot on.  I live here in Australia, but am English and it is quite clear that getting over all the fakery is the primary difficulty to getting into the game.   Most sports here are entirely physical and have a lot more honesty.   

Still, the English game was far more honest, prior to the injection of a lot of foreign talent who, sadly, are the reason the EPL is now just another theatre of playacting (still the best league, entertainment wise, of course).

Who can forget the days of watching Jurgen Klinsmann, Rivaldo and the other supercheats.  The game still protects the blatant cheaters, unfortunately.  A bit more vigilence on that side of things, and people who do not understand the game wouldn't be so turned off.  As it stands it is definitely an embarassment to newcomers. 

Hopefully, one day, they will move to a system whereby outright cheating is atleast presented with fines/bans.  Countries like the US are a tough nut to crack but I don't see them being into it on a majority level until all the pansy shit gets stamped out.

Just do what hockey did and enforce unsportsmanlike conducts on those who dive/act.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2010, 11:46:07 PM »
thats the thing you gotta respect bout rugby and hockey(ice), the guys dont fake it(well, sometimes they pretend to bleed in english rugby ;)), they knock each other out, get sent off for a few minutes, allowed back in!

After the match, all forgotten.

European continental/mediterraneans, spain, italy, portugal, france diving is part of the game, kids actually learn this stuff from watching their heroes, no jokes, and its sort of accepted...

In england, germany, scandinavia, holland the guys are more hardcore, but when they play in a foreign league, they adapt...

Compare a Lampard//terry/rooney/ferdinand to a Nani/Fabregas/Cristiano/Drogba(started playing in france). the 1st will play missing a limb, the 2nd will drop if you look at them too intensely. If Fabregas had to bleed, he would have such a meltdown/nervous breakdown...

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2010, 11:48:08 PM »
horrible player ,,just horrible
fallen angel

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2010, 11:50:19 PM »
Arsene is there for Cesc... he likes his kids

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2010, 11:51:32 PM »
horrible player ,,just horrible

who?

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2010, 11:53:09 PM »
back ham

horrible player
fallen angel

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2010, 12:02:54 AM »
not an attractive player, but a great crosser of the ball... works hard. There are many better free kick takers, but he's dependable.

was never a fan of his at Man U, overhyped I thought, but especially at 34 now, I respect his consistency.

just dont let him take pens...

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2010, 06:38:55 AM »
not an attractive player, but a great crosser of the ball... works hard. There are many better free kick takers, but he's dependable.

was never a fan of his at Man U, overhyped I thought, but especially at 34 now, I respect his consistency.

just dont let him take pens...

x2
I am a mini beast

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2010, 07:01:34 AM »
All I saw on the news was when he and his family moved to L.A. a few years ago...didn't know he was playing other places, too.

I'm moving back to Milan in March, though, and it looks like he'll still be there then.  

COOL ,SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD LIFE,,,,BELLA VITA