Author Topic: Have a question about Golds Venice and Max Muscle (the one down the street)  (Read 3509 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
When I was there last week I noticed that...

1. There are no pics on the Olympia wall of Dexter Jackson....WHY?

2. The Max Muscle down the street from Golds say's "Under new ownership, the store is NOW fully stocked".

Was it not "fully stocked" before?

If this deleted from the powers that be, I will keep repeating the thread.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Seriously, no one can answer this. The Max Muscle used to be owned by Cutler buddy (can't remember his name).

marty31672

• Getbig IV
did dexter jackson win the olympia? (sorry havent followed the olympia since 2003  :-X)

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
actually, here is a question for you JME

are moves like the kettlebell snatch and the kettlebell clean and press initiated from a "swing" or from more of a "high pull"?
Again, we are talking about the initiation of each of those moves cuz i know that the "high pull" is a part of the snatch (more specifically, the sequence right before the "punch up")

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
actually, here is a question for you JME

are moves like the kettlebell snatch and the kettlebell clean and press initiated from a "swing" or from more of a "high pull"?
Again, we are talking about the initiation of each of those moves cuz i know that the "high pull" is a part of the snatch (more specifically, the sequence right before the "punch up")

We don't do movements with kettlebells like that. We do things like swings and get ups. Kettlebells are over rated.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
We don't do movements with kettlebells like that. We do things like swings and get ups. Kettlebells are over rated.

your point is well taken but i just wanted a answer from a fellow fitness professional (not in terms of what you use/not use with clients)

i don't use Bosu balls with my clients but i can still tell you how to do a squat on one

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
Seriously, no one can answer this. The Max Muscle used to be owned by Cutler buddy (can't remember his name).

I dont know about who owns the Max Muscle now, but I do know that it wasnt making any $$$, for a long time, and Dave basicaly kept it open more as a labor of love...he was making his $$ via other means, such as AMI contract, etc.

It was a tough sell, as the supplement store around the corner on Main street, had just about every supplement you could think of, at blowout prices, and they were always far more polite then Dave ever was. A shame...but the truth nonetheless.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
That Max Muscle was co owned by Dave and Jay Cutler. Jay is a shrewd businessman. If it was lagging he would have gotten rid of it quickly.

Years ago Flex Wheeler had a stake in the store (long before Jay and Dave).

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I would like to hear some cool kettleball stories about these silly objects flying out of sweaty hands and maiming people.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
brick and mortar supp stores are a dying business killed off by the interwebs

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
i just assumed all brick/mortars sold steroids too, keeping themselves economically viable? ???

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
Seriously, no one can answer this. The Max Muscle used to be owned by Cutler SCHMOE (can't remember his name).
Fixed.

- Block!
?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."

How come no one can make that store profitable?

Maybe they should sell pit bulls or other thug dogs to the good citizens of Compton. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
How come no one can make that store profitable?

Maybe they should sell pit bulls or other thug dogs to the good citizens of Compton. 

I would have to assume because there are 50 other supplement stores around the corner.

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
I would have to assume because there are 50 other supplement stores around the corner.

Its because there is one store right around the corner, who's name I cant remember at the moment, which is one of the best Supplement stores in the country. It was kind of funny...over the years a lot of the pros would B.S. with Dave and hang out in the store, but they would pick up there supps around the corner....Dave tried to specialize more in the clothing, and lifestyle DvDs then he did in supps.

ronrico

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
The store around the corner is Urban Fitness,I think.

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
The store around the corner is Urban Fitness,I think.

Yes that is the name...Cant believe I forgot it, considering how many times I have been in there. Supposedly it is named that becuase Samir Bannout owned a clothing store nearby with the name "Urban" in it. I don't think that the store exists anymore.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft

No...it's because there are numerous supp stores right online, which has taken a substancial chunk out of walk-in stores...just another sign of the times.

jayfromeurope

• Getbig III
No...it's because there are numerous supp stores right online, which has taken a substancial chunk out of walk-in stores...just another sign of the times.

Hi, its bodybuilding.com the leader ? how much order a day ?

Thanks
J

Topskin69

• Getbig IV

Chick your friendship with Dave aside, even you can admit that Urban Fitness blew Max Muscle away....Unless you were looking for overpriced t-shirts, or pants that look like slightly toned down Zubaz....

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
Chick your friendship with Dave aside, even you can admit that Urban Fitness blew Max Muscle away....Unless you were looking for overpriced t-shirts, or pants that look like slightly toned down Zubaz....

Urban fitness has the one thing that Max Muscle could use...visability.  When the "glory days" of BB were going strong...everyone from every corner of the planet that came to Venice Beach for BB, went to three places: Golds, Max Muscle, Firehouse...but times have changed, as I said..

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
Hi, its bodybuilding.com the leader ? how much order a day ?

Thanks

Yes, BB.com leads the pack when it comes to online supp purchases...I'd have to look it up as to how many orders/ day.

jayfromeurope

• Getbig III
Yes, BB.com leads the pack when it comes to online supp purchases...I'd have to look it up as to how many orders/ day.
Ok thank you.
J

HeartofSteel

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
As far as Dexter's Image non-existent in Gold's Venice, I would sure as hell like to know myself. I along with a very good friend of mine said the very same thing..."Where's Dexter?"
You gotta have HeartofSteel

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
Urban fitness has the one thing that Max Muscle could use...visability.  When the "glory days" of BB were going strong...everyone from every corner of the planet that came to Venice Beach for BB, went to three places: Golds, Max Muscle, Firehouse...but times have changed, as I said..

So what is Dave up to these days then?