Author Topic: The best argument by Repub i've seen in a long time...  (Read 3222 times)

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
The best argument by Repub i've seen in a long time...
« on: January 07, 2010, 09:52:56 AM »
Here is a clip from Chris Matthews Hardball last night.  Ron Christie did a great job of outlining the points behind the Republicans stance.  Doesn't mean i agree that he shouldn't be tried in a federal court, but it was an articulate response and he came out looking the best of all 3 speakers.  Perhaps he should stop advising and run? He was articulate, didn't shout or get upset and spoke calmly, confidently and without hesitation.  More of what the GOP needs. 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036697/#34734972

Couldn't find the youtube of it but it's the GOP not innocent in terror fight section.
Abandon every hope...

James

Re: The best argument by Repub i've seen in a long time...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 10:44:29 AM »
Chris Matthews is a joke.

&feature=related[/youtube]

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 11:06:37 AM »
Chris Matthews is a joke.

&feature=related[/youtube]

Of course you post nothing of substance yet again James.  Wow you really are a gimmick troll
Abandon every hope...

James

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 11:21:06 AM »
You can not have an objective discussion with anything involving Mathews.

The only person last year who was promoting Obama more than Mathews was Oprah.

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 11:22:09 AM »
I am a troll, because I say that Mathews is a joke ?

You can not have an objective discussion with anything involving Mathews.

The only person last year who was promoting Obama more than Mathews was Oprah.

Quiet down troll.  Go back to your one and done posts no one cares what you think. 
Abandon every hope...

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 11:24:57 AM »
He is 100% correct.Mathews wants to bottom for Obama.The idiot gets tigles up his leg when he hears Obama speak.Perhaps if he wiped the spittle from his mouth he wouldnt be getting his ass kicked by Beck everyday.

James

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 11:25:05 AM »
Quiet down troll.  Go back to your one and done posts no one cares what you think.  

How is that "hope and change" working out for you ?

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 11:27:39 AM »

Pretty good thanks.  We've finally got some movement on a greener agenda.  I couldn't be happier. 

Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 11:28:02 AM »

Leg Tingle is a joke. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 11:28:37 AM »
Pretty good thanks.  We've finally got some movement on a greener agenda.  I couldn't be happier. 

WWWTTTFFF? ? ?

Are you serious KC? 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 11:28:44 AM »
He is 100% correct.Mathews wants to bottom for Obama.The idiot gets tigles up his leg when he hears Obama speak.Perhaps if he wiped the spittle from his mouth he wouldnt be getting his ass kicked by Beck everyday.

Billy this isn't about Chris Matthews it was posted about Ron Christie and the discussion i linked to above.  If you want to bash CM go start a thread doing so otherwise post something regarding the topic or don't post at all.  
Abandon every hope...

James

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 11:31:59 AM »
As mentioned earlier, Mathews is a joke, and anything involving him is not worthy of a serious discussion

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 11:33:14 AM »
As mentioned earlier, Mathews is a joke, and anything involving him is not worthy of a serious discussion

Still trolling along i see. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2010, 11:35:15 AM »
Still trolling along i see. 

KC - I give you xcredit - seriously.  AT LEAST YOU DEBATE A TOPIC.

I still want to know - are you happy with this admn?

As far as the post topic - the guest in the clip presented a few different arguments - which one did you find persuasive? 

James

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2010, 11:35:29 AM »
Pretty good thanks.  We've finally got some movement on a greener agenda.  I couldn't be happier.  

yeah, it got moved to the Dumpster  :o

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2010, 11:36:38 AM »
WWWTTTFFF? ? ?

Are you serious KC? 

Yes 333.  The green agenda is something i've been on board with for a long time and i welcome new legislation to allow a 'real' cost to be paid for certain forms of energy.  For too long people have been sheltered to the effects of their actions.  My only hope is the legislation that passes will not be a shrill document like the current healthcare bill.  I only hope it goes far enough and is fair enough to allow Americans to make certain choices for themselves.  
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2010, 11:41:07 AM »
Yes 333.  The green agenda is something i've been on board with for a long time and i welcome new legislation to allow a 'real' cost to be paid for certain forms of energy.  For too long people have been sheltered to the effects of their actions.  My only hope is the legislation that passes will not be a shrill document like the current healthcare bill.  I only hope it goes far enough and is fair enough to allow Americans to make certain choices for themselves.  

I am on board for the green agenda so long as it does not cost more taxes, does not cost the taxpayer more $$$, and saves people $$$ in their energy bills along with not authoritarian type laws and regs.

If the greenies can put that forward and show me that, sign me up. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2010, 11:48:28 AM »
KC - I give you xcredit - seriously.  AT LEAST YOU DEBATE A TOPIC.

I still want to know - are you happy with this admn?

As far as the post topic - the guest in the clip presented a few different arguments - which one did you find persuasive? 

Well his argument on why this trial could be held in a military tribunal and why richard reid wasn't.  He stated clearly the legislation that would allow it to happen and why richard reid was tried in a federal court.   Obama wants to make a political move out of this, by bringing it to federal court he gets to prove to the people he is serious on terrorism.  If this were to go to a tribunal i believe it would be out of sight, out of mind for most in the public.

I am happy in some respects, others not so much.  Obama did over promise i don't think anyone doubted that.  But what he's done is under deliver.  He was given a pretty tough economic time to work with and i think he felt like it wasn't quite so serious.  He underestimated just how much of an issue joblessness would be and over stated dramatically just how successful a stimulus would be.  I agree with the stimulus being needed but he tried to play old style politics in a time of economic hardship and paid the price.  By that i mean there were a lot of back handers to contributors and certain states for certain programs etc that really is an old style of doing things and when things are strong no body really cares to notice, when it's a struggle then people take notice.  

In a strong fiscal year with good employment etc healthcare would have passed without the same backlash and probably with a public option, but right now people want jobs and financial security.  They want action on that front first and that i think that is his biggest mistake of the first year.  Not changing himself and trying to push through something that has proven to be wholly unpopular with both sides.  
Abandon every hope...

James

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2010, 11:49:54 AM »

Damn,  you are more of an Idiot than I originally thought.

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2010, 11:54:39 AM »
I am on board for the green agenda so long as it does not cost more taxes, does not cost the taxpayer more $$$, and saves people $$$ in their energy bills along with not authoritarian type laws and regs.

If the greenies can put that forward and show me that, sign me up. 

Cap and Trade is suppose to help offset the costs for business so the prices don't rise too much for the consumer, but currently there will be an upfront cost that must be paid.  This is to foster the industry and allow for faster and better development of cleaner burning technology.   

My main issue with cap and trade is that is can be abused without regulation.  Say you have a company that is above the cap limit, what is to stop them having a 'green' company that is essentially an extension of them just not in a legal sense, which then 'gifts' carbon credits to the polluting company to offset them going over the cap.  I think there are other examples that could be used to so cap and trade will still need some oversight to stop stuff like this happening.   

Would you be open to a higher cost of say coal based energy to fund both nuclear and other cleaner technology? Because that is really the only way to fund this right now.  The govt doesn't have the capital itself.
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2010, 11:55:10 AM »
Well his argument on why this trial could be held in a military tribunal and why richard reid wasn't.  He stated clearly the legislation that would allow it to happen and why richard reid was tried in a federal court.   Obama wants to make a political move out of this, by bringing it to federal court he gets to prove to the people he is serious on terrorism.  If this were to go to a tribunal i believe it would be out of sight, out of mind for most in the public.

I am happy in some respects, others not so much.  Obama did over promise i don't think anyone doubted that.  But what he's done is under deliver.  He was given a pretty tough economic time to work with and i think he felt like it wasn't quite so serious.  He underestimated just how much of an issue joblessness would be and over stated dramatically just how successful a stimulus would be.  I agree with the stimulus being needed but he tried to play old style politics in a time of economic hardship and paid the price.  By that i mean there were a lot of back handers to contributors and certain states for certain programs etc that really is an old style of doing things and when things are strong no body really cares to notice, when it's a struggle then people take notice.  

In a strong fiscal year with good employment etc healthcare would have passed without the same backlash and probably with a public option, but right now people want jobs and financial security.  They want action on that front first and that i think that is his biggest mistake of the first year.  Not changing himself and trying to push through something that has proven to be wholly unpopular with both sides.  

Fair enough.  

I dont mind jousting with you since you present arguments to discuss.    Others?  Not so much.  

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2010, 11:57:47 AM »
Fair enough.  

I dont mind jousting with you since you present arguments to discuss.    Others?  Not so much.  

And same to you my friend. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2010, 11:58:42 AM »
Cap and Trade is suppose to help offset the costs for business so the prices don't rise too much for the consumer, but currently there will be an upfront cost that must be paid.  This is to foster the industry and allow for faster and better development of cleaner burning technology.   

My main issue with cap and trade is that is can be abused without regulation.  Say you have a company that is above the cap limit, what is to stop them having a 'green' company that is essentially an extension of them just not in a legal sense, which then 'gifts' carbon credits to the polluting company to offset them going over the cap.  I think there are other examples that could be used to so cap and trade will still need some oversight to stop stuff like this happening.   

Would you be open to a higher cost of say coal based energy to fund both nuclear and other cleaner technology? Because that is really the only way to fund this right now.  The govt doesn't have the capital itself.

My main concern and hope is that taxpayers, homeowners, etc have more money in their pocket at the end of the day to spend on what they deem fit.  

If you can show me how green agenda will cost me less at the end of the day so I will have more $ $ to spend on my desires , etc, Sign me up.  

If you can show me that switching to something cleaner will cost the same and not result in more $$ out of my pocket, show me I am open to it.  

What I dont like are promises of a brighter future with nothing to back it up other than hope and dreams.  

James

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2010, 12:14:47 PM »
My main concern and hope is that taxpayers, homeowners, etc have more money in their pocket at the end of the day to spend on what they deem fit.  

If you can show me how green agenda will cost me less at the end of the day so I will have more $ $ to spend on my desires , etc, Sign me up.  

If you can show me that switching to something cleaner will cost the same and not result in more $$ out of my pocket, show me I am open to it.  

What I dont like are promises of a brighter future with nothing to back it up other than hope and dreams.  

He cant 333,  and that is the problem.

Cap and Tax will do just the opposite.

It a a scheme, and nothing more, and the same people who fell for the "Hope and Change", are mostly the same people who are for this crap.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2010, 12:16:17 PM »

He cant 333,  and that is the problem.

Cap and Tax will do just the opposite.

It a a scheme, and nothing more, and the same people who fell for the "Hope and Change", are mostly the same people who are for this crap.

Oh I know that James.  That is the problem with the Green Movement.  They are not honest with people as to the true out of pocket cost to the consumers for this stuff.