Author Topic: What kind of diet are the Biggest Loser fatties on?  (Read 1602 times)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
What kind of diet are the Biggest Loser fatties on?
« on: January 08, 2010, 10:32:22 PM »
Because they lose like 20lbs the first week and average like 10lb each additional week.  Is is low calorie, low fat or what?   ??? 

I know they also exercise a ton as well but still, those are impressive numbers.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
Re: What kind of diet are the Biggest Loser fatties on?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 10:36:07 PM »
Being well over 50percent bodyfat, exercising for the first time in ages, eating 1000 calories or less per day and staying in the gym for 6-8 hours a day will cause the 20plus lbs weight loss numbers.

And remember that first week, i guarantee a great deal of that is water.

Its a totally unhealthy and short term resolution to weight loss, but the show gets killer ratings and thats all that matters.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 10:40:59 PM »
Being well over 50percent bodyfat, exercising for the first time in ages, eating 1000 calories or less per day and staying in the gym for 6-8 hours a day will cause the 20plus lbs weight loss numbers.

Its a totally unhealthy and short term resolution to weight loss, but the show gets killer ratings and thats all that matters.
What you say is true.  The first week probably is mostly water.  But the following weeks when they are dropping almost a 10lb avg, you gotta admit that is quite impressive. 

You say it's short term and I somewhat agree with that.  I noticed that those who were on the show who lost the weight and truly embraced the fitness lifestyle, like Allie, have done real well and kept the weight off.  Those who havn't, many of them have gained weight back. 

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 10:43:53 PM »
Id say 75% of the contestants put a significant amount of weight back on after the show.

Also because of the rapid weight loss the loose skin is incredible and thats a hyooge plastic surgery bill waiting to happen.

Like you said 10lbs a week weight loss is impressive, but u have to put it in perspective, these are beyond morbidly obese people who arent losing fat, but losing fat, water, and lots of muscle.

i definetely wouldnt recommend this type of dieting for your average joe.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 11:24:22 PM »
I am fairly sure I could lose 10lbs a week if I was 150lbs overweight.

Right now, I probably need to drop 15-20lbs to get back into my 30 inch trousers (fuck you - I'm 40 in 5 months). I estimate that this weight loss will not occur in 2 weeks.

Perhaps if you think about the weight loss in terms of % of overall bodyweight, it will put things in perspective.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 11:46:56 PM »
I thought the body would prefer to burn fat rather than muscle if available.  I know they have a good diet with plenty of protein for them.  I don't think they follow the 1 gram of protein per pound of weight.  That one dude this year would have to eat 550 grams a day which is not happening.  So I thought that losing muscle wouldn't be that drastic.

On a side note the old man that won the at home prize money was on roids.  NO way he was natural.  I'm gonna see if it is on Youtube.

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
  • penisory contact with her volvo.
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 12:13:58 AM »
I thought the body would prefer to burn fat rather than muscle if available.  I know they have a good diet with plenty of protein for them.  I don't think they follow the 1 gram of protein per pound of weight.  That one dude this year would have to eat 550 grams a day which is not happening.  So I thought that losing muscle wouldn't be that drastic.

On a side note the old man that won the at home prize money was on roids.  NO way he was natural.  I'm gonna see if it is on Youtube.

Isn't it 1gm per pound of lean body mass, not just per pound of body weight?

spinnis

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 06:44:04 AM »

keith only lost 100 pounds in 3.5 years..

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2010, 07:18:27 AM »
One snickers bar a day and one pepsi max a day will rip your ass up in a minute.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2010, 07:35:32 AM »

You are correct in that they are in the gym for a massive amount of time in a day, buts really like 5 - 6 hrs a day.  Also, they actually dont eat less than 1000 calories.  The doctor I worked with back in Arizona was neighbors with someone who had been on the show.  I want to say it was 2 - 3 'seasons' ago, one of the black or brown team.  Whats amazing is the chick from the last season who won the weight loss challenge of those peple who got voted off the show.  She didnt have as much loose skin as others.  I have wondered if NBC pays for a trainer once the season is done.  I cant imagine all of these people having that kind of money for trainers after being off of work for so long.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2010, 07:54:44 AM »
keith only lost 100 pounds in 3.5 years..

Keith had life by the balls..he even sat next to jonsey from police academy at a charity event, and had crumpets with the queen of england.

JMentis

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2010, 09:11:53 PM »
The sad part about this Biggest Loser show is that the already overweight obese are actually trying to gain more weight to "qualify" to be on the show. I know a few myself and it's sad. If you noticed every season these people are getting bigger and bigger.
JM

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 09:25:28 AM »
Basically the women are on 1200 calories and the men 1500 and they do cycle, like once a week (1500-1800).  Ratios aren't really part of it, but higher protein, lower carb and lower fat are encouraged.  They average 6 hours a day in the gym during the season.  The show portrays them getting weighed every 7 days, but sometimes there's a longer time inbetween.  Adds to the drama.  They also manipulate the scale A LOT with water.  A trainer is provided during the season, if they get voted off.  After the finale, I think they're on their own.
: