Author Topic: Check these kids out  (Read 2716 times)

Skeeter

Check these kids out
« on: January 09, 2010, 08:13:13 PM »
Thought they were pretty good. I think they have more videos on youtube.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Check these kids out
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 08:58:01 PM »
Holy Shit!
When I saw the ring in the beginning, I thought this was just going to be more kids pretending to fight (badly) on an oversized bed mattress.
They have better moves than a lot of indy workers.

I’d like to know who’s training them.
A lot of them look no older than junior high.
They’ve even got down the finer bits of selling finesse.
Did you see the hurricanranna on the lawn?
My favorite was the bump the one kid took into the pine tree - nature's thumb-tacks. ;D

How did you come across this vid?
Thanks for posting it.
Hell, post more if you find them.
If wrestling’s still around in the not so distant future, more than one of the kids in this video will be in the big leagues.

G.O.A.T.

• Getbig II
  • TEAM LESNAR
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 09:35:49 PM »
That was pretty impressive.
TEAM LESNAR

Skeeter

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 09:34:07 AM »
Here's their website
http://www.iyhwa.com/

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 05:07:56 AM »
Backyard wrestling is very violent. They had a special documentary a few years ago on a bunch of kids in Texas that were backyard wrestling. One of them died after sustaining an incredible amount of punishment. They basically want to be noticed by the big leagues but guys like Vince McMahon are not interested in a bunch of kids killing themselves. It was quite interesting.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 06:19:56 AM »
Kids carelessly whacking each other with fluorescent light bulbs & cheese graders is stupid, and that’s the image that has become associated with the term backyard wrestling.

The kids above look like they actually know what they’re doing.
I suspect they’ve had some type of “formal” training.
They look too good for me to believe that wrestling is something they “just picked up on” by watching TV.
Even with hours upon hours of study, you still need someone to work with you.

I’d like to see their pace in a few years – after their metabolism slows down a bit, and they carry a little more weight (hopefully some muscle), and they step inside a harder ring working with opponents who are not quite as skilled as they are.

That’ll be the test.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 04:54:11 AM »
Kids carelessly whacking each other with fluorescent light bulbs & cheese graders is stupid, and that’s the image that has become associated with the term backyard wrestling.

The kids above look like they actually know what they’re doing.
I suspect they’ve had some type of “formal” training.
They look too good for me to believe that wrestling is something they “just picked up on” by watching TV.
Even with hours upon hours of study, you still need someone to work with you.

I’d like to see their pace in a few years – after their metabolism slows down a bit, and they carry a little more weight (hopefully some muscle), and they step inside a harder ring working with opponents who are not quite as skilled as they are.

That’ll be the test.

I wonder where they got that wrestling ring?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 01:55:01 PM »
I wonder where they got that wrestling ring?

They may have gotten an old boxing ring from a YMCA, or maybe somebody’s dad is an asshole indy promoter.
Hell, you can buy professional rings on the Internet (http://www.highspots.com/wrestling-rings.asp?id=180).

Regardless, they made some modifications.
Looks like maybe fewer steel support beams/bars under the mat, which would cause a much bouncier surface – although some rings just naturally become like that once they get so old & from so much wear/tear.

It also appears that they used a different padding. Most rings I’ve seen use the old blue “gym mats” with canvas over top of that.
Whatever they’ve got under there looks a lot softer and thicker.

And it’s hard to see in the video, but the topmost surface doesn’t appear to be canvas. I could be wrong, but it looks kind of glossy.
And from the way it puckers, it doesn’t look like it’s fastened down very well – too loose. Why, I don’t know.

Either way, these kids can still work bumps as evidenced in the ones they took on the grass.
Lawns are harder than even boxing rings.