Author Topic: A Cool Dorian Video  (Read 70227 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: A Cool Dorian Video
« Reply #225 on: January 14, 2010, 09:50:09 AM »
not really looking for answers. I already know why 01 ASC Ronnie would beat 93 and 95 Mr. Olympia Dorian. ;)

just trying to understand your reasoning since it contradicts the opinion of bodybuilding experts.

Peter McGough and Shawn Perine both acknowledge that a 10 lbs heavier Dorian wouldn't beat 01 ASC Ronnie. They make it explicitly clear the only version that could touch Ronnie would be his 93 pre-contest form, which outweighs Ronnie by 20 lbs. Why do you think that is?

anyone with a brain can see your claim about Dorian having better conditioning and balance is wrong b/c if this were true, then Dorian wouldn't need to outweigh Ronnie by 20 lbs in order to compete. It doesn't make sense that a bodybuilder with better conditioning and balance would ALSO need to carry 20 lbs more to touch 01 ASC Ronnie.

so either Peter McGough and Shawn Perine are both wrong (which discredits anything they say) or you're wrong (far more likely).

not really looking for answers. I already know why 01 ASC Ronnie would beat 93 and 95 Mr. Olympia Dorian. ;)

no you don't that's speculation on your part nothing more

just trying to understand your reasoning since it contradicts the opinion of bodybuilding experts.

Peter McGough and Shawn Perine both acknowledge that a 10 lbs heavier Dorian wouldn't beat 01 ASC Ronnie. They make it explicitly clear the only version that could touch Ronnie would be his 93 pre-contest form, which outweighs Ronnie by 20 lbs. Why do you think that is?

They never once claimed he wouldn't beat him that's you once again coming to your own conclusions and what's ironic about your posts is you flat out denied McGough as an expert but now he is when it suits your purposes ? hypocrite much kid?  ;)

Another expert who you dismissed ( Dorian ) said if he were to compete against Ronnie he would choose his 1995 Olympia showing lets not forget that expert  ;) the experts agree Dorian has the edge in conditioning & balance , what's left? posing , presentation and muscular bulk against a 247 pound Ronnie , seeing you're fond of drawing conclusions I'll let you draw who has the advantage in those  ;D

anyone with a brain can see your claim about Dorian having better conditioning and balance is wrong b/c if this were true, then Dorian wouldn't need to outweigh Ronnie by 20 lbs in order to compete. It doesn't make sense that a bodybuilder with better conditioning and balance would ALSO need to carry 20 lbs more to touch 01 ASC Ronnie.

so either Peter McGough and Shawn Perine are both wrong (which discredits anything they say) or you're wrong (far more likely).

Dorian doesn't need to outweigh Ronnie to beat him , Dorian Yates who is an IFBB judge said specific to the topic he is better balanced & better conditioned than Ronnie but you don't want to talk about that , you're to busy trying to create anything , McGough has said Dorian's conditioning is better than Ronnie , Kevin Horton said Dorian's conditioning is unmatched to this day I mean you and Hulkster are in denial

You're so desperate for anything you're looking for any angle to discredit the experts and pass your opinion off as fact , you're exposed as ignorant , biased and stupid

Dorian said he would choose 1995 does that mean he's right and McGough & Perine and wrong? NO it's an opinion on a subjective topic , you're trying to pass off opinions on a subjective topic as right or wrong more weak logic on your behalf , desperation is leading you to commit to weak positions

I think Ronnie 2001/2003 would give Dorian a fuck-of-a-run for his money 1993/1995/93 precontest but ultimately Dorian has advantages in balance & proportion , density & dryness , posing & presentation and muscular bulk ( depending on the year )

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #226 on: January 14, 2010, 09:52:53 AM »
i said german gran prix dick head. not the english g.p.  hulkster owned again.

Hahahahahaha great post ! what a fucking jackass

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #227 on: January 14, 2010, 10:35:07 AM »
no you don't that's speculation on your part nothing more

wrong, I'm using objective visual criteria which is infallible. I also have over 15 quotes from bodybuilding experts including the IFBB owner, an IFBB official, pro bodybuilders, bodybuilding promoters and magazine writers, which corroborate my argument that Ronnie at his best is unbeatable. ;)

They never once claimed he wouldn't beat him that's you once again coming to your own conclusions and what's ironic about your posts is you flat out denied McGough as an expert but now he is when it suits your purposes ? hypocrite much kid?

<yawn>

Peter McGough

"While I’m on record as saying that the best physique I ever saw was Ronnie’s at the 2001 Arnold, he was never drier or harder than Dorian. In fact now that – 14 years after it happened – I recently for the first time saw the video of Dorian posing before the 1993 Olympia I have cause to rethink."

Shawn Perine Ironage Dec 11, 2004

“As much as I love Haney and my IA champs, I think Ronnie circa '98 or at the 2001 Arnold is pretty much untouchable. Except by Dorian Yates 6 weeks out from the '93 O as photographed by our own KMH. Both men, on those specific occasions carried so much dry muscle mass in good proportion and with good lines that it's almost unfair to compare them to others.”

Peter McGough and Shawn Perine both acknowledge that a 10 lbs heavier Dorian wouldn't beat 01 ASC Ronnie by making it explicitly clear the only version that could touch Ronnie would be his 93 pre-contest form, which outweighs Ronnie by 20 lbs. Why do you think that is?

either Peter McGough and Shawn Perine are both wrong (which discredits anything they say) or you're wrong (far more likely).

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #228 on: January 14, 2010, 10:43:02 AM »
the more you keep arguing, the dumber you make yourself look.

we have 2 bodybuilding experts who both claim the only way for bodybuilder X to match bodybuilder Y is to be A.

your stupid ass keeps arguing A is the same as B, C, D... ::)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #229 on: January 14, 2010, 10:51:17 AM »
it's an opinion on a subjective topic , you're trying to pass off opinions on a subjective topic as right or wrong more weak logic on your behalf , desperation is leading you to commit to weak positions

You do the same fucking thing...only when you post some hack writer's opinion....it's the word of god.

When someone else does the same exact thing...it's "taken out of context"..."not what he meant" or some other bullshit.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #230 on: January 14, 2010, 11:02:04 AM »
You do the same fucking thing...only when you post some hack writer's opinion....it's the word of god.

When someone else does the same exact thing...it's "taken out of context"..."not what he meant" or some other bullshit.

good post. This is why I proposed to ND an all or none approach to quotes in order to eliminate bias and ambiguity. He ignores quotes that contradict him yet posts quotes from the same f*cking guy when it's convenient for him. lol ::)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #231 on: January 14, 2010, 11:03:43 AM »
good post. This is why I proposed to ND an all or none approach to quotes in order to eliminate bias and ambiguity. He ignores quotes that contradict him yet posts quotes from the same f*cking guy when it's convenient for him. lol ::)

It's like debating a hamster

Seriously what is the point of debating/having a spirited discussion with someone when they dismiss every valid point you make?

there is no "give and take" with ND...he has his opinion and doesn't even consider an opposing viewpoint

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
« Reply #232 on: January 14, 2010, 11:11:26 AM »

Seriously what is the point of debating/having a spirited discussion with someone when they dismiss every valid point you make?

there is no "give and take" with ND...he has his opinion and doesn't even consider an opposing viewpoint

This is very true... ND is a sharp guy, but is far too dogmatic to be taken seriously when it comes to debates. He may as well change his title to "Dorian/IFBB Aplogist."

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #233 on: January 14, 2010, 12:33:18 PM »
wrong, I'm using objective visual criteria which is infallible. I also have over 15 quotes from bodybuilding experts including the IFBB owner, an IFBB official, pro bodybuilders, bodybuilding promoters and magazine writers, which corroborate my argument that Ronnie at his best is unbeatable. ;)

<yawn>

Peter McGough

"While I’m on record as saying that the best physique I ever saw was Ronnie’s at the 2001 Arnold, he was never drier or harder than Dorian. In fact now that – 14 years after it happened – I recently for the first time saw the video of Dorian posing before the 1993 Olympia I have cause to rethink."

Shawn Perine Ironage Dec 11, 2004

“As much as I love Haney and my IA champs, I think Ronnie circa '98 or at the 2001 Arnold is pretty much untouchable. Except by Dorian Yates 6 weeks out from the '93 O as photographed by our own KMH. Both men, on those specific occasions carried so much dry muscle mass in good proportion and with good lines that it's almost unfair to compare them to others.”

Peter McGough and Shawn Perine both acknowledge that a 10 lbs heavier Dorian wouldn't beat 01 ASC Ronnie by making it explicitly clear the only version that could touch Ronnie would be his 93 pre-contest form, which outweighs Ronnie by 20 lbs. Why do you think that is?

either Peter McGough and Shawn Perine are both wrong (which discredits anything they say) or you're wrong (far more likely).

We are NOT talking about who is unbeatable we're talking about who is better conditioned and it's not ' infallible ' it's very much fallible when you're basing your opinion on ignorance , and inaccurate means such as two very different pictures from different sources with different lighting and especially considering you never seen them in person

You're missing the point as usual , neither is wrong it's an opinion on a subjective topic , ask 10 more people and they'll say a different year again Dorian Yates said 1995 Olympia so according to your stupid logic either he's right or they're wrong  ::)

NO ONE is wrong it's an opinion on a very subjective matter , Kevin Horton said the best he's ever seen Yates look was pre-contest 1995 is he wrong? I mean get serious.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #234 on: January 14, 2010, 12:38:20 PM »

I most certainly don't do the same thing , I don't fear people's opinions on subjective topics because there is no right or wrong

You just quoted me , show me specifics don't just type some blanket statement it's ironic when Ronnie admitted Dorian would beat him I got every excuse in the book and every interpretation of what he really meant  ::) Neo here actually dismissed Ronnie as " you ever hear the guy speak? he's not the smartest guy "

What's funny is I've always maintained that just because one person says it doesn't it makes it true because in the end the judges judge contests and no one else.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #235 on: January 14, 2010, 12:41:53 PM »

You are the biggest hypocrite on hear besides Hulkster

First, I didn't disagree with Peter McGough's claim that Ronnie was never harder or drier than Dorian.

again your quote

I'm sorry but Peter McGough is an idiot if he thinks 01 ASC Ronnie never surpassed Dorian's conditioning.

ring a bell? now you like McGough's quote when it suits your purpose which is some attempt at dismissing 1995 but you didn't like it then , how about when it contradicted your claim Ronnie's best showing was 2003? opppss shall I posted more examples of your hypocrisy?

people in glass houses Neo shouldn't be throwing stones

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #236 on: January 14, 2010, 12:48:50 PM »

He has no fucking valid points , he isn't getting credit for anything because he has nothing.

what's his valid point? he came to the conclusion on whose better conditioned from a magazine scan compared to a video screen capture despite not even knowing what constitutes great conditioning or ever once seen the two in the above live and in person and forgetting Dorian doesn't look as good as he does in pictures and video , and then having the audacity to claim that the people who have are flat-out wrong and he's right?

He has NO valid points , he doesn't know how contests are judged how can on form a valid point when he doesn't even know how the game is played? he can't. I mean if you like me to continue I can because 90% of what he typed is contradictory to facts and experts

On the contrary I consider the opposing viewpoint come to the conclusion they're wrong , correct them and send them on their way in fact specific to this debate I've said for the sake of argument that Ronnie may have matched Dorian for conditioning on many occasions so your statement like his holds no water

When it comes to being fair and objective I'm so much more so than all of them combined.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #237 on: January 14, 2010, 12:52:14 PM »
This is very true... ND is a sharp guy, but is far too dogmatic to be taken seriously when it comes to debates. He may as well change his title to "Dorian/IFBB Aplogist."

Thanks for the compliment I think  ???  :P

I don't believe in fixed contests if that makes me an apologist so be it , I don't think Ronnie should have lost either but it came a lot closer than Yates ever did

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #238 on: January 14, 2010, 01:18:02 PM »
LOL so dorian looked like shit at the 96 O, the 96 english GP, but miraculously showed up in his best ever shape at the german GP contest, which was probably a few days apart from the english one?

hahahahahahah ::)

these idiots will come up with any excuse.

did his torn biceps regrow? LOL

::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #239 on: January 14, 2010, 01:23:47 PM »
LOL so dorian looked like shit at the 96 O, the 96 english GP, but miraculously showed up in his best ever shape at the german GP contest, which was probably a few days apart from the english one?

hahahahahahah ::)

these idiots will come up with any excuse.

did his torn biceps regrow? LOL

I believe this pic is from the 96 German GP  ;)

you recall this pic don't you? you melted down when you seen it  ;D

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #240 on: January 14, 2010, 01:24:06 PM »
1996 was not a good year for Mr. Yates.

its surprising you idiots are putting it out there.

but then again, given the level of stupidity, maybe its not so surprising at all.. :-\

Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #241 on: January 14, 2010, 01:24:42 PM »
1996 was not a good year for Mr. Yates.

its surprising you idiots are putting it out there.

but then again, given the level of stupidity, maybe its not so surprising at all.. :-\

See above  ;D 

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
  • Women fall all over me and Pumpster is FUGLY.
« Reply #242 on: January 14, 2010, 03:11:14 PM »
I believe this pic is from the 96 German GP  ;)

you recall this pic don't you? you melted down when you seen it  ;D

A clip from the 96 German GP is included on the Blood & Guts Deluxe DVD and I can honestly say that it beats anything Coleman ever displayed in a competition.

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #243 on: January 14, 2010, 03:37:47 PM »
Dorian looks like a fucking ROCK here....this shot simply blows me away. Coleman never came close to this.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=313977.0;attach=355065;image
Team Yates

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #244 on: January 14, 2010, 04:43:34 PM »

more thickness. better taper. two great arms. fantastic detail.

better back than yates. end of story. :P
Flower Boy Ran Away

marty31672

• Getbig IV
« Reply #245 on: January 14, 2010, 04:45:07 PM »
ronnie has more back muscle and more back detail
his back is better conditioned and has less fat on it than dorain

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
« Reply #246 on: January 14, 2010, 05:02:36 PM »
Yates pwning Coleman at the 96 German Grand Prix:

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #247 on: January 14, 2010, 05:04:23 PM »
Yates pwning Coleman at the 96 German Grand Prix:

FANTASTIC shot ! Dorian crushing Ronnie and he's not even at his best !! post more if you have them

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
« Reply #248 on: January 14, 2010, 05:23:53 PM »
FANTASTIC shot ! Dorian crushing Ronnie and he's not even at his best !! post more if you have them

The video is unreal. I just watched it again for the first time in over a year and I'm really starting to think that 96 was an even better year than 95 in terms of conditioning. Yates said himself during his seminar at the 96 English Grand Prix that he felt he was in the best condition he had ever been in. He was actually around 5lbs heavier at the German Grand Prix than he was at both the Olympia and English Grand Prix. He said he'd shed a few lbs due to the stress of travelling.

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
« Reply #249 on: January 14, 2010, 05:36:42 PM »
Dorian Yates front double biceps shot taken from the 1994 German Grand Prix DVD: