Author Topic: A Cool Dorian Video  (Read 70430 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: A Cool Dorian Video
« Reply #325 on: January 15, 2010, 11:47:46 AM »
It looks like the new caps were taken from the DVD set to the 16:9 aspect ratio. The DVD should be watched in 4:3. I'm sorry to say that delta's new screen caps have been stretched but he was probably unaware of it.

That's an interesting point.  I wonder if that's the case with Ruhl's NOC caps.
Y

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #326 on: January 15, 2010, 11:49:10 AM »
Unfortunately it only shows the posing routine and him being awarded his trophy. I will search for the results online and let you know.

Haha thanks, but don't bother. I thought you had the whole contest, which is why I asked. Delta will post it up shortly.

Cheers.

This is the only clip in YouTube from that contest

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
  • Women fall all over me and Pumpster is FUGLY.
« Reply #327 on: January 15, 2010, 12:01:06 PM »
The difference:

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #328 on: January 15, 2010, 12:19:15 PM »
Unfortunately it only shows the posing routine and him being awarded the trophy. I will search for the results online and let you know.
1996 Grand Prix Germany - IFBB

1   Dorian Yates

2   Nasser El Sonbaty

3   Kevin Levrone

4   Paul Dillett

5   Ronnie Coleman

6   Vince Taylor

7   Chris Cormier

8   Jean Pierre Fux

9   Roland Cziurlock

10   Aaron Baker

11   Charles Clairmonte

12   Lutz Wilke

13   Eusebio Serrano

14   Diego Martinez

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
« Reply #329 on: January 15, 2010, 02:38:51 PM »

I think Isreal has a better chance of making a lasting friendship with Iran, then the two of you ever stopping your bickering...lol.

:D

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #330 on: January 15, 2010, 04:32:31 PM »
God...Ronnie could NEVER compare to this! NO ONE could!

Team Yates

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #331 on: January 15, 2010, 06:04:57 PM »
that's kind of what i'm saying ape.....these screen caps always look inhuman, then you see the vid and reality sets in

this vid is reality, something the idiot nuthuggers have been trying to disprove since its inception:

http://www.truveo.com/Ronnie-Coleman-1999-Mr-Olympia-Part-Two/id/1160132027

this kills dorian, especially this 1996 version with the horrid quads and arms.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #332 on: January 15, 2010, 06:06:39 PM »
God...Ronnie could NEVER compare to this! NO ONE could!

poor dorian. its the same old story, he only wins from the knees on down:

his upper/middle back is very detailed, but his arms are shit, and his back is paper thin and lacks thickness compared to Ronnie, who's back has it ALL:

Flower Boy Ran Away

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #333 on: January 15, 2010, 06:08:31 PM »
Dorian's arms aren't just bad, they are flat out pitiful, especially in the rear double bi shot.  They just completely disappear.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #334 on: January 15, 2010, 06:10:24 PM »
Dorian's arms aren't just bad, they are flat out pitiful, especially in the rear double bi shot.  They just completely disappear.

very true. especially in 1996, the year these morons have been hyping up so much LOL ::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #335 on: January 15, 2010, 06:22:20 PM »
poor dorian. its the same old story, he only wins from the knees on down:

his upper/middle back is very detailed, but his arms are shit, and his back is paper thin and lacks thickness compared to Ronnie, who's back has it ALL:

Your delustional. Dorian's back is rediculously thick all over.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #336 on: January 15, 2010, 06:24:23 PM »
Your delustional. Dorian's back is rediculously thick all over.

compared to most bodybuilders? yes.

compared to Ronnie Coleman at peak? no.

Flower Boy Ran Away

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #337 on: January 15, 2010, 06:25:52 PM »

Yes - even compared to Ronnie at his peak. You are delusional. Not only that but his back gets bone dry, unlike Ronnie who retains a little water in his back.

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #338 on: January 15, 2010, 11:57:05 PM »
Holyshit @ those '96 Dorian pics!!!

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #339 on: January 16, 2010, 01:02:34 AM »
Hulkster, I'm new here and everything, but I've been doing a bit of reading here the past few weeks. Question for you. Have you seen Dorian and Ronnie live with your own two eyes? If so, perhaps you would look at this differently. Hand on heart, Dorian looks NOTHING in real life like the pictures you're throwing about. The pics can't even compare. I've met and spoke to every single top body builder from the 90's. I've been to 5 Olympia's and saw Dorian win in 94, 95, 96, 97 (sadly didn't see the '93 version) and saw Ronnie take it in '99. Further more, I've been to most European Grand Prix's and every single English Grand Prix since the early 90's. I've seen ALL the body builders compete you've only seen in Flex or MuscleMag. In short, I know something or two about how contests are judged. Do you know the parameters and factors that's included in judging? Do you know how it works?

As for Dorian v Ronnie. I give Ronnie FDB, MM (50/50) and perhaps ab thigh at a stretch. The rest of the poses Dorian wins. It may not look like it to you on a Flex pic that captures a single moment in time, or a video which doesn't really translate his physique well. Dorian was a freak to all who seen him live. You haven't seen him in that capacity (which is THE most important), yet I cannot understand why you claim to speak with authority in this subject you're missing the most important chapter from.

PS, I'm an Aaron Baker fan, huge fan (no homo) and yet it didn't make me blind to his shortcomings.

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #340 on: January 16, 2010, 02:15:04 AM »
Hulkster, I'm new here and everything, but I've been doing a bit of reading here the past few weeks. Question for you. Have you seen Dorian and Ronnie live with your own two eyes? If so, perhaps you would look at this differently. Hand on heart, Dorian looks NOTHING in real life like the pictures you're throwing about. The pics can't even compare. I've met and spoke to every single top body builder from the 90's. I've been to 5 Olympia's and saw Dorian win in 94, 95, 96, 97 (sadly didn't see the '93 version) and saw Ronnie take it in '99. Further more, I've been to most European Grand Prix's and every single English Grand Prix since the early 90's. I've seen ALL the body builders compete you've only seen in Flex or MuscleMag. In short, I know something or two about how contests are judged. Do you know the parameters and factors that's included in judging? Do you know how it works?

As for Dorian v Ronnie. I give Ronnie FDB, MM (50/50) and perhaps ab thigh at a stretch. The rest of the poses Dorian wins. It may not look like it to you on a Flex pic that captures a single moment in time, or a video which doesn't really translate his physique well. Dorian was a freak to all who seen him live. You haven't seen him in that capacity (which is THE most important), yet I cannot understand why you claim to speak with authority in this subject you're missing the most important chapter from.

PS, I'm an Aaron Baker fan, huge fan (no homo) and yet it didn't make me blind to his shortcomings.
James on what Criteria are you judging that perhaps Ron gets the Ab/Thigh?... :o... i would also say its clear Ron @ his best would take the MM (ether version) and the Ab/thigh would be a no brainier for Yates in any year

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #341 on: January 16, 2010, 03:10:06 AM »
Tbh, I actually agree with you, but I was trying to be objective seeing that I can't make my mind up on that one pose, hence the words 'at a stretch'. Should have been 'at a real stretch'. With Dorian's gut in'97 I would say that Ronnie 'may' have had a chance to win that particular pose. Just a chance, by no means a certainty.

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #342 on: January 16, 2010, 03:27:44 AM »
1997 may have been his worst especially in the arm department and when RELAXED his gut did appear in certain shots to not look good @ all, however when he did ACTUALLY FLEX....his ab shots were good and the below shots @ 270lbs, show Yates looking ridiculously massive and dense as hell.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #343 on: January 16, 2010, 05:50:28 AM »

DESCRIBE DORIAN YATES: A close friend. Dorian is very intelligent, a great Mr. Olympia. He had the best side-chest pose and the thickest freakiest back I have ever seen

Now mind you Ronnie said this quote in 2003  ;) how does it feel being crushed by your own hero once again? it's gotta hurt

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #344 on: January 16, 2010, 05:52:11 AM »
DESCRIBE DORIAN YATES: A close friend. Dorian is very intelligent, a great Mr. Olympia. He had the best side-chest pose and the thickest freakiest back I have ever seen

Now mind you Ronnie said this quote in 2003  ;) how does it feel being crushed by your own hero once again? it's gotta hurt
Great ND no one beats these relaxed poses.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #345 on: January 16, 2010, 07:43:13 AM »
Have you seen Dorian and Ronnie live with your own two eyes?

no.

but other getbiggers have and they say ronnie crushes him:

here is a thread from someone who has seen them both live and in person for your research:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=252142.0

enjoy

Of course directly.
And I have seen him competing directly 1994 and 1996.

And I say

Dorian is not in the league of Ronnie.
Best Ronnie was from the outer space.
No competition.

Now I want to be criticized about my opinion by the people who has seen Dorian competing directly ONLY.
Are there anyone else here?
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #346 on: January 16, 2010, 07:44:52 AM »
^

not surpisingly, seeing them both live and in person confirms exactly what the pics and videos show:

that Ronnie is way above.

the nuthuggers hate this, but thats life and they have to deal with it..
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #347 on: January 16, 2010, 07:52:53 AM »

LOL here we go again. the nuthuggers have been throwing out the excuse that dorian look great in person but shitty in pics for years now. and its just as sad now as it was then. ::)

newsflash: EVERY pro including ronnie looks way better and bigger live and in person than in pics/videos.

I know, I have met a top 15 Mr. O. pro at a seminar before and as you know, pics/vids do not do them justice.

problem is, this sorry excuse by the dorian fans doesn't hold water.

why? because Ronine ALSO looks way better in person than in pics and videos, so its no use.

he looks better in vids/pics and he IS better in person up close. end of story.
Flower Boy Ran Away

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #348 on: January 16, 2010, 08:25:36 AM »
This is the freakiest back pic of all time

Team Yates

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #349 on: January 16, 2010, 08:39:01 AM »
no.

but other getbiggers have and they say ronnie crushes him:

here is a thread from someone who has seen them both live and in person for your research:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=252142.0

enjoy

This negates what Ronnie says how? so you'll take what Getbiggers say as proof positive but when Ronnie says it he's paying lip-service Gotcha  ;)