Author Topic: A Cool Dorian Video  (Read 70433 times)

BuffD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: A Cool Dorian Video
« Reply #475 on: January 17, 2010, 07:28:50 PM »
no, if the professional judges did not have a preconcieved notion of what Flex was going to look like, Ronnie would have scored better at the onset of the contest.

Flex did not live up to the hype that the judges thought he was going to look like.

its human nature. flex was expected to win, the judges knew that, and it influenced their scoring at the beginning. thankfully, they quickly realized their mistake by the nightshow. and Ronnie won. and his later rounds were a lot higher in scoring. why? because the judges realized that Flex was not as good as expected, and Ronnie was 10x better than expected..

Fanboy I was at the 98 Mr O and YES it was close.  You and your damn pics.  You haven't even ever been to a show.  It was close.  No one complained when Ronnie was announced the winner and I guarantee no one would have bitched if Flex won.  Get off Ronnies nut sack already. His physique is ugly as hell (98 and 99 it was ok).  He shouldn't have won 8 Mr O's.  Dorian's physique is also ugly as hell and he shouldn't have won 6 titles.  So this debate is just dumb.  You keep insisting politics were why Dorian won but guess what? Same goes for Ronnie. Politics are why he won 8.  IMO neither were the best Mr O ever.  You keep showing pics and calling them facts. They aren't FACTS! They are opinions.  It's an objective sport so there are no facts.  Hell you can look at the Mona Lisa and think "wow hot chick" while I may think she's nasty in the painting.  Regardless of how many agree with you I'm still not wrong when it's my opinion.  So just end this bs already.  They both were great. Neither deserved all their titles and that's that.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #476 on: January 17, 2010, 08:35:41 PM »
Fanboy I was at the 98 Mr O and YES it was close

you say it was close.

others who were there live and in person say it was not. many who were there have commented on how ronnie crushed him - search the web, comments are everywhere.

pics corroborate what they say, and show that your opinion that it was close may not be so correct.

perhaps your recollection is a bit foggy. after all, it was a long time ago.

It's an objective sport so there are no facts

but there can be poor physique assessments based on ignorance.

eg. if I say Kamali was better than dorian or ronnie that is an objective opinion.

but based on proper physique evaluation, it is clearly wrong.

Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #477 on: January 17, 2010, 08:37:47 PM »
You keep insisting politics were why Dorian won but guess what?

not all years. just 94 and 97.

and the case of the 93 muscularity round fiasco was about as blatant as you can possibly get, even though dorian deserved to win that contest.
Flower Boy Ran Away

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #478 on: January 17, 2010, 08:48:42 PM »
There is none that's just Hulkster trolling

MY GOD LOOK AT THE FEATHERING IN HIS LOWER LATS AND LOOK AT THE DETAIL IN HIS LOWER AB AREA HE WAS IN FUCKING SHAPE NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. A little puffy but I don't know that that is water- looks like he's just full full full.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #479 on: January 17, 2010, 08:54:51 PM »
You and your damn pics

I find it amusing how bitter people get when they are proven to be flat out wrong.

lol
Flower Boy Ran Away

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #480 on: January 17, 2010, 11:06:36 PM »
Where did you see Dorian and Ronnie compete again Hulkster? Remind me the live shows you attended that formed your opinion so passionate? Combined they've been on stage/active the last 20 years, you've seen ..... nothing? You're not even a fan or remotely knowledgeable. You feed off others's accounts to 'prove' yours. Face it kiddo, you're a stupid troll in every sense of the expression.

I'll spell it out clearly. Judges DON'T judge contest by looking at pictures, they judge them with body builders LIVE in front of them and there is a reason they do so. Do you know what that reason is troll? Do you understand and are aware of judging criteria troll?

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #481 on: January 17, 2010, 11:27:01 PM »
This is sad. You're resorting to second hand accounts to 'prove' your personal point. What if others say that Dorian was better? I suppose they would be idiots too for not dancing to your point of view kiddo. I saw Ronnie in '99 close up, I saw Dorian close up for years (with Ronnie fading in the background those years). The last time I saw Coleman was the 2004 English GP. Without even having to think about it once, the Yates of the 90's would've whacked him in '99 and '04. That's the years I saw Coleman, the Mr Olympia LIVE and could form my own opinions. Not pick and choose accounts to that satisfy your point of view.

If you want to talk about Yates getting gifts, an argument can be made for '97 (In the end he was still too strong for them) and no other year. That is what history says. Seven victories (iirc) over Coleman and still better than Coleman during Ronnie's Olympia reign.

You must have seen JP Fux as well. Was he the biggest guy of them all?

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #482 on: January 17, 2010, 11:34:51 PM »
Did Dorian use protein powder, that is: protein that is in powdered form, usually of the whey variety?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #483 on: January 18, 2010, 01:13:55 AM »
you say it was close.

others who were there live and in person say it was not. many who were there have commented on how ronnie crushed him - search the web, comments are everywhere.

pics corroborate what they say, and show that your opinion that it was close may not be so correct.

perhaps your recollection is a bit foggy. after all, it was a long time ago.

but there can be poor physique assessments based on ignorance.

eg. if I say Kamali was better than dorian or ronnie that is an objective opinion.

but based on proper physique evaluation, it is clearly wrong.

you say it was close.

No bodybuilding history and the IFBB judges say it was close , the scorecard says it was close. and more weak logic from you argument ad populum " well a lot of people say it wasn't close , so there for it wasn't close ' you can't supplement your argument with facts because your ' opinion ' contradicts them so you look for comfort in numbers

It's a fact 1998 was a close contest , in fact one of the closest to this day , Ronnie won by just 3 points and he deserved to win but facts are facts and as usual you contradict them.

no, if the professional judges did not have a preconcieved notion of what Flex was going to look like, Ronnie would have scored better at the onset of the contest.

Flex did not live up to the hype that the judges thought he was going to look like.

its human nature. flex was expected to win, the judges knew that, and it influenced their scoring at the beginning. thankfully, they quickly realized their mistake by the nightshow. and Ronnie won. and his later rounds were a lot higher in scoring. why? because the judges realized that Flex was not as good as expected, and Ronnie was 10x better than expected..

The judges had a preconcieved notion of what Flex was going to look like? based on what? the 1997 Mr Olympia which he didn't compete at? If even entertaining your nonsense Ronnie would have been scored lower because Nasser was the previous Ronnie up and he and Flex were the heir apparent to the Olympia thrown , Ronnie wasn't even on the radar

the judges evaluate what shows up the day of the contest Ronnie looked fantastic so did Flex it was a very close contest and that's a fact.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #484 on: January 18, 2010, 01:19:34 AM »
Where did you see Dorian and Ronnie compete again Hulkster? Remind me the live shows you attended that formed your opinion so passionate? Combined they've been on stage/active the last 20 years, you've seen ..... nothing? You're not even a fan or remotely knowledgeable. You feed off others's accounts to 'prove' yours. Face it kiddo, you're a stupid troll in every sense of the expression.

I'll spell it out clearly. Judges DON'T judge contest by looking at pictures, they judge them with body builders LIVE in front of them and there is a reason they do so. Do you know what that reason is troll? Do you understand and are aware of judging criteria troll?

Great post !

Man Hulkster just got bitch slapped  ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #485 on: January 18, 2010, 01:24:14 AM »
I find it amusing how bitter people get when they are proven to be flat out wrong.

lol

Which is exactly why you're trolling in yet another Dorian Yates thread trying to prove Ronnie was better , because I corrected your ass a million times and make you look like the ignorant biased troll you are and you're in every Yates thread bashing him and then me

If you had any confidence that your opinion was right you would have left it to stand on it's own two feet and been confident you've proven your point , like I did when I walked out of the truce thread because your hero conceded defeat  ;)

Your trolling is legendary and so is your stupidity keep proving me right .

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #486 on: January 18, 2010, 02:42:44 AM »
You must have seen JP Fux as well. Was he the biggest guy of them all?

Fux was impressive but sadly his physique from close up always gave me the impression of a thick shapeless tree trunk with muscle packed around it. By no means am I ragging on him as the guy was a monster and commanded a lot of attention. He just never had the right shape to make head way into the top placings of the Olympias. Also, his back, fooking big.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #487 on: January 18, 2010, 03:40:23 AM »
The judges had a preconcieved notion of what Flex was going to look like? based on what? the 1997 Mr Olympia which he didn't compete at?

no, based on the 1998 Arnold Classic where he showed up in what some say (including Flex himself) was his best ever shape.

learn your history people.

jesus. :-\

I can see why you get so frustrated. it must be hard trying to debate with someone who knows more than you do, and who exploits this on a regular basis..
Flower Boy Ran Away

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #488 on: January 18, 2010, 04:13:34 AM »
no, based on the 1998 Arnold Classic where he showed up in what some say (including Flex himself) was his best ever shape.

I can see why you get so frustrated. it must be hard trying to debate with someone who knows more than you do, and who exploits this on a regular basis..
We'll need ND's input on this to get a clear understanding

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #489 on: January 18, 2010, 06:58:59 AM »

LOL.
I like how you go from claiming your opinions are facts, to touting your own knowledge... when clearly ND has forgotten more about bodybuilding than you know. Your arrogance knows no bounds.
ND has proved you wrong on so many of your rephrased quotes that it has to be embarrassing... Now your trying to claim you know more? Since you can never seem to remember what a quote says, and cant ever produce evidence for anything you say except for a few carefully selected pics? Not to mention saying "Here, look, Ronnie is better!" and posting the same tired pics repeatedly is not a debate.

You are a moron.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #490 on: January 18, 2010, 07:29:36 AM »
Hulkster taking a bigger pounding than Annabel Chong in the Houston 500 gangbang.

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #491 on: January 18, 2010, 07:38:25 AM »
Surprise, Hulkster losing all credibility.

jprc10

• Getbig III
« Reply #492 on: January 18, 2010, 07:45:44 AM »
I love this thread!! I'v been reading it all along with one or two posts and I just love it.

Its funny how Hulkster gets owned again and again, yet he thinks he's "winning".
Its funny how he completely ignores well carried and explained arguments by ND and James28 that expose his trolling and prove his "points" void, yet he conviniently responds to only certain post in which he can have a bit of edge (at least in his mind).

Almost everybody see this and ridicule him, yet he still confidently keeps posting his bias.
I really don't think he realizes how bad he "looks" in here.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #493 on: January 18, 2010, 07:48:39 AM »
No wonder. He is not a fan of body building or interested in educating himself on judging criteria or the sport in general. He is a broken record, a one trick pony whose Getbig persona consist of pushing one issue that got him bitch slapped seemingly every day for a very long time (go look at his posting history, I could hardly believe it myself). It is said that Ronnie admitted to Dorian being better, why the fuck keep pushing if THE PERSON you're trying to push has already admitted your quest if futile? Oh, I know, because you enjoy trolling.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #494 on: January 18, 2010, 07:57:31 AM »
You know, if Hulkster could only have a tiny amount of reasoning and debating skills, I would offer a give and take argument. If I admit to certain things and he stops steaming ahead on a futile road an agreement can be reached which probably even Dorian and Ronnie can agree on. Yet he sticks with his fucking ninnie-headed pointless argument of posting selective pics, selective arguments and refuse to admit any points the Dorian side of the argument takes. Take note that I don't call it 'Dorian Fans' argument because I for one are NOT a fan of Dorian but a fan of objectivity which Hulkster have never heard off. Therefore I take it upon myself kick him in the balls every time he posts his biased piss. Then again, he is just trolling and hairy trolls don't want to be objective.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #495 on: January 18, 2010, 01:08:10 PM »

yeah because Flex has a history of coming in his all-time best at the Olympia  ::) if anything they knew he wouldn't be his best because he competed in the spring shows he did the Arnold & the Ironman

The judges had NO clue how he would show up that's you trying to escape the facts as usual , you contradict the experts & professionals all the time you made a GetBig career out of contradicting everyone , your ignorance speaks for it's self.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #496 on: January 18, 2010, 01:22:47 PM »
LOL.
I like how you go from claiming your opinions are facts, to touting your own knowledge... when clearly ND has forgotten more about bodybuilding than you know. Your arrogance knows no bounds.
ND has proved you wrong on so many of your rephrased quotes that it has to be embarrassing... Now your trying to claim you know more? Since you can never seem to remember what a quote says, and cant ever produce evidence for anything you say except for a few carefully selected pics? Not to mention saying "Here, look, Ronnie is better!" and posting the same tired pics repeatedly is not a debate.

You are a moron.

Great post !

He's very lost in any debate on subject and it's ironic he finds like minded idiots who try and pass of their opinions as fact like Neo and pumpster . I mean you're talking to a guy who claimed 1994 was a very close contest ( when it fact it wasn't ) and 2001 Olympia Ronnie dominated by losing the whole prejudging  ??? I mean his stupidity is legendary .

I've corrected him and his stupid friends for years now and made them all look very clueless and it is the reason why he is in this Yates thread and the very reason he laces almost everyone of his posts with a personal attack on me because he points and can't let facts speak for themselves , he's desperate to try and make me look as dumb as I made him

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #497 on: January 18, 2010, 01:25:07 PM »
I love this thread!! I'v been reading it all along with one or two posts and I just love it.

Its funny how Hulkster gets owned again and again, yet he thinks he's "winning".
Its funny how he completely ignores well carried and explained arguments by ND and James28 that expose his trolling and prove his "points" void, yet he conviniently responds to only certain post in which he can have a bit of edge (at least in his mind).

Almost everybody see this and ridicule him, yet he still confidently keeps posting his bias.
I really don't think he realizes how bad he "looks" in here.

QFT !

I think he knows how stupid he looks but he has to try and save face somehow , he's in another Yates thread taking another dirty beating

Even people who agree Ronnie would crush Dorian think he's an idiot .

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #498 on: January 18, 2010, 01:26:57 PM »
Hulkster taking a bigger pounding than Annabel Chong in the Houston 500 gangbang.
;D

Hulkster has been a punching bag on this site for years now

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #499 on: January 18, 2010, 01:47:46 PM »
I see the few nuthuggers on this board are having a circle jerk.

how sad.

Flower Boy Ran Away