Author Topic: Just saw the Road  (Read 2626 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
Just saw the Road
« on: January 10, 2010, 09:36:49 AM »
Like I thought its very close to the book (which is a very good thing) which I read before (with difficulty I admit).

The movie is excellent very sad very frightning because everything looks extremly realistic and well though through - the dirt the grind the starvation, the movie is filmed without color - its not black and white its just very dark and very very grey.

There are scenes in the movie were you see a wide angle shoot of a huge bridge which they cross, all forest burned down... And not one single noise... It hits you real hard then that all the usual noise like birds and such you take for granted and it makes it that much more horror.

EXTREMLY WELL DONE AS EXPECTED A MUST SEE

Another thing I was really scared off was that they would ruin the movie by telling and explaining what has happend to the planet.
And THANKS ME TO CHRIST they haven't - which is genius and exactly like in the book.
Cormac McCarthy is a friggen genius

Stark

• Getbig V
Re: Just saw the Road
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 09:43:05 AM »
One thing I would like to add...and I don;t want to sound like a Hippie and somebody who thinks of himself hyper intelligent (which I am not) - I still think that the movie will not "reach" the main audience, sadly I firmly believe that over 80% of cinema audience like movies like clueless and Mamaia, I strongly believe that you have to have a certain intellect to understand and truly apprechiate The Road.

It is not just another - "the world is coming to an end" type blockbuster hollywood crap, it is much MUCH more.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 09:45:07 AM »
Might take a look...

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 10:00:04 AM »
Might be the first thing I've ever agreed with you on, that McCarthy is a genius...

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 10:18:45 AM »
Stark, I read the book when it first came out a long while back and had heard at that time that they were in the process of making the movie,

I seems to me that they took a long time to get it released, so I was wondering if there was a problem with the final 'product'. Is any one aware of the reason for the delay?

I enjoyed the book (sad story though - especially the ending) and it's good to hear your positive review. I plan to see it this week and will pass on my unprofessional judgment.

Thanks

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 10:40:01 AM »
Stark, I read the book when it first came out a long while back and had heard at that time that they were in the process of making the movie,

I seems to me that they took a long time to get it released, so I was wondering if there was a problem with the final 'product'. Is any one aware of the reason for the delay?

I enjoyed the book (sad story though - especially the ending) and it's good to hear your positive review. I plan to see it this week and will pass on my unprofessional judgment.

Thanks

No problem at all - my guess is they weren't happy with the endproduct, its as perfect as it can get, possibly one of the best movies I have seen.
the ending is sad I agree

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 11:16:18 AM »
I seen it the other night. I liked it alot.

That kid was a little bitch.  ;)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 12:41:57 PM »
i read this book about a year and a half ago, and really want to see the movie,  but the closest theater thats showing it is 1.5 hours from my house. :(

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 01:30:57 PM »
I thought you ran off the road ???

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 02:09:14 PM »
A thoughtful review, thanks.  Read the book 2 years ago -never read anything like it.  The book evoked an inexorable sense of dread with each page, and by the end there were no surprises or relief, just a sense of being shucked.  And I recommend it without reservation.
“There was light all about him…when he moved the light moved with him.”

Film was to be released Nov 2008, and it seemed an odd time for a film like that, election year and all.  Don’t know what the reason was for a year’s delay. It was at the local cinema for a few weeks and then gone.  I’ll catch it on video later this year. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 02:12:20 PM »
a lot of it was filmed in my city

E
E

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 02:15:27 PM »
A thoughtful review, thanks.  Read the book 2 years ago -never read anything like it.  The book evoked an inexorable sense of dread with each page, and by the end there were no surprises or relief, just a sense of being shucked. 

Like an oyster?  Or more like a corn cob?  ;)

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 02:50:19 PM »
Like an oyster?  Or more like a corn cob?  ;)

More like the oyster – a jiggling gelatinous mass.

mar10s

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 03:04:56 PM »
Looking forward to seeing it.  I wonder if this type of thing is likely to happen if the Bilderberg Group has their way.