Author Topic: Drinking egg whites, whole eggs  (Read 4381 times)

lion33

• Getbig II
  • tryin to get big
Drinking egg whites, whole eggs
« on: January 10, 2010, 07:22:03 PM »
Is it safe to blend up 12 eggs (10white/2whole) and drink it? I know a lot of guys do, but i wanted more of an opinion?  If so whats the best way to do it?

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
Re: Drinking egg whites, whole eggs
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 10:07:06 PM »
u got a 1 in 30,000 chance of salmonella...........but for myself i know my stomach doesnt handle raw eggs too well, so good luck if u try it out.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 01:48:24 AM »
If you can stomach it, go for it. I did it once and felt like throwing up for the rest of the day. Worst texture ever. Makes me feel sivk just thinking about it.

Admittedly blending would make it better than just cracking them in a cup and drinking them.
No doubt about it...

kukacomone

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 05:02:16 AM »
Tip:

Dont mix the yolks wiith the whites, this way it doesnt really have any taste or disgusting after-taste. Swallow the whole yolks, and drink the whites separately.   

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 07:28:22 AM »

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 10:16:37 AM »
Don't forget the bioavailabilty is less with raw eggs.
:

pac-man

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 10:29:04 AM »
I'm not sure what the upside to drinking eggs are.  If it is a convenience thing then pick up some protein powder.  Even if you don't get actual food poisoning from this I can't imagine it is an easy thing to digest, especially twelve of em. 

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 10:57:15 AM »
Is it safe to blend up 12 eggs (10white/2whole) and drink it? I know a lot of guys do, but i wanted more of an opinion?  If so whats the best way to do it?

No, it isn’t entirely safe.
It’s not advisable and I wouldn’t recommend it, but I’ve done it for years.

Some people have suggested tips such as dropping an egg in boiling water for 30 sec. or even freezing the eggs until just before they begin to solidify.
I don’t know if any of these things work as far as any kind of preventive measures go.

I always grab the cartons closer to the bottom & back of the store’s cooler – they’re usually colder and fresher.
After checkout, I come straight home and place the eggs in the fridge to store them properly.
Before consumption, I carefully inspect each egg to insure it isn’t broken – for the same reason you would never eat a canned food item from a punctured can.

I’ve never had a problem, but that doesn’t mean I won’t. I like to derive as much of my micro/macro intake from natural food sources. Drinking a glass of raw eggs is the quickest way to get your egg protein, but science has taught us it’s better to cook them for a number of reasons.

FTR – I tend to consume cooked eggs more often than raw ones.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 11:44:40 AM »
i dont do it but ive done it before. relatively safe but completely unnecessary. not to mention that when you blend egg whites they get very frothy and hard to consume. and unblended they are horrible as far as consistancy goes. i had success drinking egg whites before by mixing them with diet soda, the carbonation and flavor cancels out the egg nicely, but not completely.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 12:55:05 PM »
i had success drinking egg whites before by mixing them with diet soda, the carbonation and flavor cancels out the egg nicely, but not completely.

The 1960’s Venice Beach crowd used to mix raw eggs with heavy cream & protein powder (although, Gironda claimed the powder was more for flavor purposes). You couldn't use a blender because both the eggs & cream would froth.
Instead, they would use a fork and hand mix it into a pudding-type consistency.

Some of those guys also swore that heavy cream mixed with ginger ale packed on size quite rapidly for “hard-gainers.”

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2010, 08:32:01 PM »

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, 02:33:09 AM »

The 1960’s Venice Beach crowd used to mix raw eggs with heavy cream & protein powder (although, Gironda claimed the powder was more for flavor purposes). You couldn't use a blender because both the eggs & cream would froth.
Instead, they would use a fork and hand mix it into a pudding-type consistency.

Some of those guys also swore that heavy cream mixed with ginger ale packed on size quite rapidly for “hard-gainers.”

The enzymes in Ginger Ale promote better protein digestion.  If a lot of these guys who megadosed their protein these days would include more fats and enzymes in their diets they could probably drastically reduce their protein intake and have better results in the gym.   Food for thought. 

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010, 05:34:41 AM »

In the morning in a blender with oj and a banana.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2010, 06:17:20 AM »
The enzymes in Ginger Ale promote better protein digestion.  If a lot of these guys who megadosed their protein these days would include more fats and enzymes in their diets they could probably drastically reduce their protein intake and have better results in the gym.   Food for thought. 

What’s up, brother?
Long time no type.

You & I have discussed the benefits of consuming protein along with fats & enzymes in your Vinny G. thread.

Interesting about the ginger ale. I just thought the weight gain was from the added sugar consumed with the fat in the cream.

So, what is the active enzyme in the ginger ale?

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2010, 12:32:25 AM »

What’s up, brother?
Long time no type.

You & I have discussed the benefits of consuming protein along with fats & enzymes in your Vinny G. thread.

Interesting about the ginger ale. I just thought the weight gain was from the added sugar consumed with the fat in the cream.

So, what is the active enzyme in the ginger ale?

I believe the enzyme in the ginger ale acts similar to the enzymes from pineapples so it works along the same lines as Vince's Hawaiian Diet.  I'll bust out the old course books and find the exact terminology for you though.  Good to see you in the Nutrition forum spreading the good word!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2010, 05:57:16 AM »
I believe the enzyme in the ginger ale acts similar to the enzymes from pineapples so it works along the same lines as Vince's Hawaiian Diet.  I'll bust out the old course books and find the exact terminology for you though.

Sounds good.
Thanks.

Good to see you in the Nutrition forum spreading the good word!

It's easier than ringing doorbells.
 ;D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2010, 03:24:56 PM »
Every old-school recipe I've seen involving raw eggs usually has their being blended with milk or half-and-half. That, plus a scoop of protein powder (or even some Nesquick) makes it far more palatable.

As for the salmonella thing, remember that bacteria are killed in extreme heat OR extreme cold. When I was blending shakes with eggs, back in college, my roommate's mini-fridge would usually freeze my eggs. I've only been sick once. And that's because I was half-heartedly washing out my blender one week. My mother noticed that was happening, and when I told her I got sick, she figured that was the reason why.

From that point forward, I made sure I scrubbed my blender properly and SANITIZED IT with bleach.